Circle of Friends

Share your daily McDougall menus and/or keep a journal describing your personal progress.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: Circle of Friends

Postby Christine in Cali » Mon Jul 25, 2011 6:21 am

Ok....What your saying is be patient.

My first goal is 165lbs and my second and most desired goal is 145lbs so my BMI will drop as well.

Thanks Deb fer yur 2 cents
"Nature won't be denied"
Christine in Cali

Postby LoriJenny » Mon Jul 25, 2011 10:52 am

I say there are some brave ladies in our circle...Christine running and hiking in the dark and Carollynne jumping out of airplanes!!! :) :thumbsup:

Christine, I think it was a smart idea to break your goals up into do-able portions in order keep yourself encouraged!!

I've had a wonderful morning so far...ate a peach from my csa box...yum!!! Did a little shopping, only got "on plan" items.

It is way hot here today...gonna stay in and hide from the sun! :ninja: Still no news on my biopsy...soon I think though.
LoriJenny

Postby Gypsy » Mon Jul 25, 2011 11:18 am

Hi, all 8)
I just learned that there is a CSA in the area :shock: I am sooo surprised. I found the farm with an internet search. He comes to the farmers market every Sat morning and I plan to visit this coming Sat. I assume that I understand how the shares work? 1/2 share for $150 which can be used as credit at the market? How does this compare to what you all are doing? :?:
Gypsy

Postby LoriJenny » Mon Jul 25, 2011 11:30 am

That sounds interesting Gypsy...sounds like you get to pick out your own produce...that is really nice. Is that $150 per month?? Ours is either $18 or $36 per week depending on the size of the box you order, it is delivered weekly, already packed, so it's a complete surprise what is in there...which is fun, but I did end up with more squash than I really know what to do with (mostly because I'm not a big squash fan)...I know CSA's work differently. I heard there are some where you can put in hours on the farm and get a reduced rate...I'd love to do that, but the farms are too far away. I've always sorted of wanted to be a farmer...or a farmer's wife really :)
LoriJenny

Postby Rosey » Mon Jul 25, 2011 11:51 am

LoriJenny wrote:Rosey....so sorry to hear that your hip is hurting! Is it getting any better as you keep on this program?

It has been getting a lot better because it used to hurt 24/7 and now it only hurts when I over do a walk. I can bike all over the place but walking my hip complains.
Rosey

Postby Gypsy » Mon Jul 25, 2011 12:31 pm

LoriJenny wrote:That sounds interesting Gypsy...sounds like you get to pick out your own produce...that is really nice. Is that $150 per month?? Ours is either $18 or $36 per week depending on the size of the box you order, it is delivered weekly, already packed, so it's a complete surprise what is in there...which is fun, but I did end up with more squash than I really know what to do with (mostly because I'm not a big squash fan)...I know CSA's work differently. I heard there are some where you can put in hours on the farm and get a reduced rate...I'd love to do that, but the farms are too far away. I've always sorted of wanted to be a farmer...or a farmer's wife really :)

$300 per year and 150 for half a year. I'll let you know more when I know more :nod:
Gypsy

Postby LoriJenny » Mon Jul 25, 2011 12:49 pm

Wow Gypsy, that sounds like a bargain!! :unibrow:
LoriJenny

Postby Gypsy » Mon Jul 25, 2011 2:05 pm

LoriJenny wrote:Wow Gypsy, that sounds like a bargain!! :unibrow:

http://www.localharvest.org/csa/M34845 I thought you might find these details interesting. :nod:
Gypsy

Postby LoriJenny » Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:12 am

Thanks Gypsy! I had to look up kohlrabies to see what they were! :)
LoriJenny

Postby Gypsy » Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:45 am

:-D The neighbor just brought me a sack of green beans, a sack of new red potatoes and 4 green peppers. :nod: I had given her several wheelbarrow loads of wood mulch...didn't expect anything in return...what a deal :nod:
I steamed the green beans and roasted the green peppers. Not sure yet how I'll prepare the spuds :?: maybe roasted. Maybe I'll try to buy shares from her :lol:
Lori, regarding kohlrabies...Mom used to grow them when we were kids...I think we ate them raw.
Gypsy

Postby LoriJenny » Tue Jul 26, 2011 4:12 pm

I am so happy right now...my biopsy came back Normal!!! :D :D :D

Something happened to me yesterday...and I hope it's a lasting change. I had just finished eating some popcorn and I thought, "I'm sick of eating the wrong things, I'm sick of my body not being healthy, I'm done with eating off plan." I woke up this morning...feeling the same way, I feel done with the old lifestyle.

And now wonderful news today, just makes me want to sing and dance!! Woo hoo!!
LoriJenny

Postby LoriJenny » Tue Jul 26, 2011 5:13 pm

Love it!! Thanks Debbie!! :)
LoriJenny

Postby Christine in Cali » Tue Jul 26, 2011 6:03 pm

What a blessing Lori for the tests to come back normal, all the more to rejoice. Out with the old in with the new.
"Nature won't be denied"
Christine in Cali

Postby Rosey » Tue Jul 26, 2011 6:10 pm

LoriJenny wrote:I am so happy right now...my biopsy came back Normal!!! :D :D :D

WOOT!!! I'm happy for you.
Rosey

Postby carollynne » Tue Jul 26, 2011 6:47 pm

Lori Jenny!! congrats on your normal biopsy report! That is too cool and way wonderful!
I know what you mean about waking up and feeling like ok, this is it, I am done with the old life style!! I want to embrace life, and it order to that I need to really stick to the WOE as a vegan, with no cheating... it is a real wake up call every time I go to the fitness center and see a lot of seniors who are truly getting around pretty good, but have so many issues, and that is my goal to not be like that. I am going to beat the HBP issue and get healthy by avoiding all animal products.
I have been listening to some more of the VSH monthly lectures, that are so scientific and humorous, and am learning a lot.
Hey I tried the Hail to the kale recipes by chef AC and it is super. I lost 2 lbs the next day,back down to 177, and hoping to get under it next... now here is the kicker. My DH says he took his BP and it is normal, so I asked what were the #? 128/70 something..... and that was after he forgot his pills ( yes 2 of them) for 2 days... I told him it is due to how he will eat a lot of what I cook, and no more cheese etc, almost no sweets, etc. My HBP has too, before my pill it is in the 130s and 70s so that is coming down for me.
Good day for me, I did the wii for 25 min, gardened a bit in the heat, then power went out, I had to call the power company since we had a bread in a line and it was snapping and crackling and I heard it in the bad of the garden, in the back yard while I was trimming back dead stuff, piling it up in a heap for later on. then while walking the dog in the front yard, I saw something blinking at top of pole, and the noise of the crackling, sounded dangerous to me!! So I called and a trk showed up and it took several hrs til another guy showed up so he could work on the broken tap line he called it. lucky I get up early and saw and heard it.... Got to the CFC and the water class, and had a good time exercising in the water again. I stay late and do more, and then the steam room is my fav!!
Hey BF was a kale salad, with toms and cukes, a later on an apple and a nectarine, went to store to find dates, they did not carry them only at holidays, but I got some more greens..... yes!!
for dinner, I had more kale salad, and potato soup. love my kale lately..... but may be done for a while, except my green juicing...
I cooked up a batch of chick peas again, and have put 2 baggies of 1 and a half cups of them in the freezer. So nice to be able to pull them out in a flash. I also have some baggies of the anasazi beans ready for like 2 burrito to go. DS loves them as a taco salad, with the same taco spices, and then the onions, toms, lettuce, cilantro, DS is famous here for making his own spice mixes and has his fav posted on the inner cabinet door, so I just have to follow. I am more of a bland type, and he loves the spices!
Anyway, the heat wave continues here, but we did have a bit of gentle rain last evening. my veggie garden is a bit of a wish fill thinking process, but I like it anyway. Kale is looking better all of a sudden, and I have babies it along so far. The bugs are leaving it along or the rabbits. Just to hot and dry, and not amount of watering will really make up for the lack of rainfull for all month long... oh well.
hey you all have a good evening out there.
I have lost about 60 lbs and never thought I'd be in the 150s ever again. cured my NAFLD!! Feel great!! Wt loss is so good for the knees and back, ankle, that I know I will never start back to the SAD way of eating again.
carollynne

PreviousNext

Return to My Daily Menus & Journals