Birdy Takes Flight

Share your daily McDougall menus and/or keep a journal describing your personal progress.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: Birdy Takes Flight

Postby bunsofaluminum » Mon Aug 09, 2010 7:32 pm

Hey there

just peeking in on people. Congrats on the two lbs lost, and on your continuing efforts to stick with vegan eating. I'm sorry about your relative who is so sick. Going to visit was a good thing, sounds like.

keep on going! blessings :)
JUST DON'T EAT IT

I heart my endothelial lining
by red squirrel

simple, humble food
by f00die

The rest is an industry looking to make a buck off my poor health
by Pamela, a FB user
bunsofaluminum

Postby Birdy » Sat Aug 14, 2010 4:24 pm

Hey everyone. I'm having a really hard time in my life right now. Lots and lots of stress related to my mother's end of life situation. I was also sick this past week with high fever and fatigue, but I don't know what virus caused it. Anyway, my weekend check-in isn't good this week. But it is what it is. Still wishing you all the best. Hope to have a better report next week.
"The program is essentially cost and risk free." ~ Dr. John McDougall
Birdy

Postby janluvs2heel » Sat Aug 14, 2010 4:34 pm

Hi Birdy,
I am so sorry about your mom. That must be so hard & yes, stressful. And then you are sick at the same time.

I just lost my job of almost 12 years Thursday, so I kinda know what you are talking about, just a different kind of stress I guess. But I am convinced eating McDougall, 98% compliant, (coffee) for the past 5 wks. has helped me cope. Still, it is pretty scary.

Hang in there, I hope things get better for you.

Jan
janluvs2heel

Postby sksamboots » Sat Aug 14, 2010 5:54 pm

Birdy,

Take care of yourself...((HUG))
sksamboots

Postby willing2believe » Sat Aug 14, 2010 7:30 pm

Birdy- Just wanted to send some hugs with all that is going on in your life.

Lisa
[/url]
willing2believe

Postby Anna Green » Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:32 am

Birdy, thinking about you and hoping you ar feeling better.
Anna Green

Postby Birdy » Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:34 am

Thank you Anna, willing2believe, and sksamboots. My mother passed away last week. I'm visiting this website sometimes, but will not be posting for while. I'm not into the journal right now. I appreciate all your kind thoughts and wish you all well.
Birdy

Postby sksamboots » Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:35 am

((HUG))
sksamboots

Postby Birdy » Sun Sep 05, 2010 11:56 am

I'm back home from a third trip to Georgia, this time for my mom's memorial service and taking care of all the things that needed to be done there. I'm very tired. It's been a hard summer starting with surgery for skin cancer in mid May, and then the whole summer was difficult with my mom's fall in June and gradual decline. I know many of you have experienced similar difficult passages.

Even though I've lost weight and am down to 153 pounds now, recent lab work shows trouble in River City. So it's time for me to do what is needed to regain my health and appearance, as Dr. McDougall puts it.

I was so impressed with "Judge Judy's" testimonial in the new McDougall Newsletter. Seems like for many of us, a major knock on the head is required for us to finally take care of ourselves.

There's a beautiful wind blowing today and the trees are all swishing and sighing in it. Fall is moving in early. I've seen the geese migrating south. Weather man says it's going to be a cold, snowy winter for the Pacific Northwest this year. For now, I'm enjoying the beginning of fall, my favorite season.
Birdy

Postby Anna Green » Mon Sep 06, 2010 1:38 pm

Birdy, I was so glad to see your post and sad to hear about your mom and the trouble whatever it may be in River City. I can only imagine your world is being rocked and I wish I could hug you and feed you, the only thing I would know to do.

I love the fall too and hope it continues to bring you pleasure. I'll be thinking of you as our days turn cooler.
Anna Green

Postby ncyg46 » Mon Sep 06, 2010 2:12 pm

hugs!!!!
ncyg46

Postby bunsofaluminum » Tue Sep 07, 2010 6:34 am

sorry to learn of your loss. I love the determination to regain your "health and appearance" :nod: Further proof that this is a way of life for you

((HUG))
JUST DON'T EAT IT

I heart my endothelial lining
by red squirrel

simple, humble food
by f00die

The rest is an industry looking to make a buck off my poor health
by Pamela, a FB user
bunsofaluminum

Postby Birdy » Wed Sep 15, 2010 10:29 pm

I've been reading over the first posts from page 1 of my journal. Gosh, 15 months after starting this journal, I've lost only another 3 or 4 pounds. But that's better than it going the other way and, at age 60, it easily could have. So that's okay. Of course, I'd like to see a bigger change and that requires more change on my part. The trouble in River City I was referring to is that my recent lab results showed cholesterol = 220, LDL cholesterol = 149, and blood sugar = 109. So these are not good results. The blood pressure is still elevated too. And the solution is what we here on this board all know to do. So! After so many years of knowing what to do, but not doing it, of course it seems like the obvious question is, "What's different this time?" And the answer is, "I do not know." I'll just have to find out by doing. That's the only success, isn't it? Doing.

Since I like graphs, I'm adding another ticker to my profile again, if I can remember how to do that.
Birdy

Postby sksamboots » Thu Sep 16, 2010 10:32 am

Sounds like you got a plan. Keep on keepin on birdy :nod:
sksamboots

Postby Birdy » Sat Sep 18, 2010 12:06 pm

I can't figure out how to get the weightloss charts to post to my signature. It may be a problem with my computer.

Anyway, I'm feeling better. The sun is out today and it's Saturday which is probably my favorite day of the week. I have the luxury of being home alone this morning. Several hours of solitude, ahhh. It won't last much longer, but that's okay. I'm looking out the livingroom window where an elderberry tree used to live, but it's been torn out along with a honeysuckle, a bunch of weeds and other plants in preparation for a small addition to our house. The work starts this coming week. It's going to be a mess for a couple of months, but well worth it I'm sure.

Today I'm re-re-re-----starting the McDougall Plan (regular not maximum). Had a banana with two tablespoons of almonds for breakfast, will have a tomato sandwich with mustard/lettuce for lunch, fruit for afternoon snack, and a hearty lentil soup with broccoli salad for dinner. Exercise: helping my husband dig out more plants in preparation for the builders, a short bicycle ride, and maybe a walk.

Thank you sksamboots for checking in. Hope you're doing well. I haven't read journals for so long and don't have much time for the computer these days, but just know that I appreciate this website and all of you so much! :)
Birdy

PreviousNext

Return to My Daily Menus & Journals