30 day commitment to get over my hump day (14 days)

Share your daily McDougall menus and/or keep a journal describing your personal progress.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: 30 day commitment to get over my hump day (14 days)

Postby Loveskale » Fri Jul 30, 2010 7:56 pm

Debbie, if you are getting your period you will start to retain water, up to 2 pounds (it mentions this in McDougall's 12 day I believe), so after it is gone you should lose those 2 pounds. I used to have a terrible time with mine, I couldn't do anything but lay on the couch and cry I was in so much pain. I even felt pain up to a week before I got my period. After a week on the program, I got it, and only a bit of dull pain on the first day. What a difference. That's what really sold me on this program.
My recipes are posted at: http://www.Flickr.com/Loveskale
Loveskale

Postby lfwfv » Sat Jul 31, 2010 1:51 pm

You plan sounds great Debbie! I hated mushrooms as a kid, so I think your plan to bring veggie burgers for them is good...I love them now, bu the taste overwhelmed me as a child.

Stick with MWL faithfully and you *will* see results. You'll probably have a big drop one day soon.

Good luck this weekend, you can do it!!
lfwfv
lfwfv

Postby Earthwalker » Sat Jul 31, 2010 7:34 pm

Hi Deb,
Just wanted to tell you that when I use to get my little friend I would gain about 5# before it came. Lost it right after. I think that you are doing great..
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wLKeqst/]
[/url]
Earthwalker

Postby kirstykay » Sun Aug 01, 2010 5:55 am

Great Job, Debbie!!! You got this!!! You're going to ROCK the wedding!!! :D
"Remember, It's the food." ~Dr. McDougall

kirstykay

Postby sksamboots » Sun Aug 01, 2010 8:09 am

You did and are amazing :nod:
sksamboots

Postby janluvs2heel » Sun Aug 01, 2010 8:36 am

I discovered Portabello mushrooms when I McDougalled in 1998. They had (have?) grilled Portabella mushrooms & they were very good.

I love the baby bellas they have now as well.

Hmm, now I think I need to go shopping for some Portabellas.

I am so proud of you that you stuck to your guns & ate your own food. It feels so good the next day, doesnt it?

Love,

Mom
janluvs2heel

Postby frozenveg » Sun Aug 01, 2010 10:17 am

Debbie, you are doing so great! You can be very proud of yourself, for all the thought and preparation you put into your party foods!

I am amazed that you have never had portobellos before and took them to a BBQ--that was so brave. I loved them back in my "gourmet" days, then a few years back, they suddenly nauseated me. So when I thought of using them on McD, I had DH grill me one at home, to see if I liked them again, and I did, even without bread. I am very happy--it makes BBQs much easier.

You are doing so great!!!
5'3", 74 YO. Started Jan. 11, 2010
Starting weight: 222.6
Current weight: 148.2.0

Success Story:
https://www.drmcdougall.com/articles/st ... -rockwell/
frozenveg

Postby lfwfv » Sun Aug 01, 2010 11:02 am

Debbie,

it is so good to read of your successes this weekend. Doesn't it make things so much better when people empathize with you and are helpful rather than just meeting you with antagonism or cynicism? I'm thrilled that you're dong great and are meeting your goals.

I'm rooting for you!
lfwfv
lfwfv

Postby janluvs2heel » Sun Aug 01, 2010 11:08 am

"I discovered Portabello mushrooms when I McDougalled in 1998. They had (have?) grilled Portabella mushrooms & they were very good." I meant to say I discovered them at Chevy's, probably not totally McDougall legal but that is easy to remedy at home.

I too, feel strange, when I am around others who are not vegan. Last week we had another stupid staff meeting, usually we order in, the other girls are really good at knowing I am vegan & they ask me where I want to eat. I either bring my lunch or I order something that is McDougall legal. This time doc told me he knows I hate it, but we were going to the pizza place. I can go to Subway & get a sandwich. I am like, no, I will go home & make my lunch. How dare he tell me where I will eat? By the way, I lose my lunch hour & do not get paid for anything but my lunch & then on top of that, he tells me what I will eat? I think not. The theory was the pizza place is so much quicker. Well, I went home, got my lunch, garbanzo bean salad sandwich & some baby carrots, got back to the pizza place & still waited almost 15 mn. for them. I could barely stand to look at the greasy pizza & oil salad dressings, sitting on their plates. Funny, I think they all felt uncomfortable, too. Ha,ha, that will fix them.

Isn't it nice that you got a chance to meet that lady & talk to her & that she was actually interested in what you are doing? Too bad for your SIL, that is all I have to say. Can't wait to hear about how the wedding/reception goes. You are strong, prepared & doing great!!!!!!!!!!!

Jan
janluvs2heel

Postby Katydid » Sun Aug 01, 2010 2:42 pm

Debbie,
So glad your BBQ turned out so well. Portobello mushrooms rock! If you ever see the baby bells in the store pick some up. They make great shish kabobs. Good luck at the wedding.
Kate
This diet can save your life - it saved mine! Read my story at:
http://www.drmcdougall.com/stars/cathy_stewart.htm
Katydid

Postby janluvs2heel » Mon Aug 02, 2010 6:48 am

Wow, what a great weekend for you. And you are over your hump day as well. If you can make it thru a weekend like that, nothing will hold you back now.

Sorry you have a headache but hopefully that will be shortlived. Keep that good mood going.

And I agree, lfwfv, it is nice to see the support here, positive support.

Jan
janluvs2heel

Postby sksamboots » Mon Aug 02, 2010 11:19 am

Debbie

I am so very very happy for you. You should be super proud. I feel the same way, where it feels strange to be compliant and like I'm fighting all forces but I'm so glad we are doing it!!! You are an amazing woman and I am surely going to follow you past your 30 day journey to health!! Hope that eye thing feels better, scary. Have a good one deb :nod:
sksamboots

Postby desertwind56 » Mon Aug 02, 2010 9:38 pm

What a great weekend for you! Glad you made it over the hump! :D **hugs**

Connie
desertwind56

Postby lfwfv » Tue Aug 03, 2010 7:39 am

Looking great Debbie, i am so glad you got over the hump day!!
lfwfv
lfwfv

Postby sksamboots » Tue Aug 03, 2010 8:12 am

yay for making it over humpday, i think you shoud change your journal title :nod: Saying I made it!! :D
sksamboots

PreviousNext

Return to My Daily Menus & Journals