NancyG2011

Share your daily McDougall menus and/or keep a journal describing your personal progress.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: NancyG2011

Postby Loveskale » Fri Feb 04, 2011 7:23 pm

I finally posted the hot and sour soup recipe for you, I had to perfect the recipe!
My recipes are posted at: http://www.Flickr.com/Loveskale
Loveskale

Postby ncyg46 » Sun Feb 06, 2011 2:16 pm

Loveskale wrote:I finally posted the hot and sour soup recipe for you, I had to perfect the recipe!

Thanks! Is it in the recipe thread? Haven't been on the computer much...
ncyg46

Postby ncyg46 » Sun Feb 06, 2011 2:37 pm

ncyg46 wrote:
Loveskale wrote:I finally posted the hot and sour soup recipe for you, I had to perfect the recipe!

Thanks! Is it in the recipe thread? Haven't been on the computer much...

Found it in the Flickr photos...thanks again. Was curious about the "chicken" broth cubes. I am not familiar with them. I make my "unchick'n seasoning" from Bryanna Clark Grogans blogsite! Would that work? :D
ncyg46

Postby sksamboots » Sun Feb 06, 2011 3:19 pm

hey nancy,

hope your doing good :nod:
sksamboots

Postby Loveskale » Mon Feb 07, 2011 7:11 pm

Hi Nancy,

If you feel it tastes "rich" like chicken stock it should work. If not, a rich mushroom stock could work. Nothing too herb-y or "green" though, as this will distort the flavour.
My recipes are posted at: http://www.Flickr.com/Loveskale
Loveskale

Postby ncyg46 » Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:24 pm

Loveskale wrote:Hi Nancy,

If you feel it tastes "rich" like chicken stock it should work. If not, a rich mushroom stock could work. Nothing too herb-y or "green" though, as this will distort the flavour.

it should work just fine then! Thanks! Will try it when I get back from our trip...
ncyg46

Postby ncyg46 » Sun Feb 13, 2011 7:47 pm

well we are back home from our camping trip and I am finally warming up! Boy was it cold! We stayed about 9-10 days in Las Vegas, survived the food. I still am about the same but people are telling me I need to gain some weight....?????
As far as the dehydrated food goes, I made two of the soup mixes. The first one was good, the second one was horrible, way to salty. I have 10 left so next time I use them I need to strain out the spices, use the rest of the mix and then add some if it needs it. When I taste that much salt I know I shouldn't eat it. Lesson learned.
After Vegas we booked into Boulder Beach on Lake Mead for one night, just too darn cold, but it was a beautiful area! Posted new photos on Flickr of our trip...

ncyg46

Postby ncyg46 » Thu Feb 17, 2011 12:02 pm

Haven't been posting much since we have been out camping. I brought the Harmony House dehydrated foods and I like the sample pack but the soup blends are way to salty for me. I will still use them up by straining the seasoning out of it and see how that works. Just won't ever buy them again! What was weird is that the 28 pack sampler said it didn't include garbanzo beans and it was there and now it is too late to go thru and see what is missing or extra! I might still be able to unpack it all from where I put it away and match it to the list!!!!!

I tried to eat on plan but Las Vegas is not the best place to try this. I didn't gain anything but did have a few McDougall Revenge incidents like when I took steamed vegetables that obviously must have had oil in them.
I have had two people recently tell me to start eating more meat and protein as I am getting too thin...what the heck? Trying to get my cholesterol back down to the 136 I was in 2007. I am 190 right now and don't know why. Just frustrating to not have it lower. I have basically cut out all breads and have been doing a lot of Jeff's Fast Food Meals from the video. Anyway, I am still here...going to enjoy watching the Advanced Study Weekend and envy all of you guys that are going!
ncyg46

Postby ncyg46 » Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:11 pm

hello...still here! we went out traveling for 10 days and had very lousy internet since I forgot to bring the aircard with me. My fault. Been watching the ASW weekend, got one last one to watch but I have to wait till our aircard resets since I am over our limit on bandwidth. Not that we should have a problem since we very rarely go over it but i don't want to abuse it! Still around just not posting much since we got new IPhones and it knocked me off both the phone connection and the forum! I will never try to use the phone for access again for this until they figure out what the problem is! I love the phone though...this is the only site I have trouble with!
I watched the Fox News program the other night with Joel Fuhrman on the cancer diet and boy did the reporters and the oconogist make fun of him. I even had to post on his FB page saying that I didn't like how they treated them. It was crazy..check out that video if you have a chance! :D
ncyg46

Postby afreespirit » Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:42 pm

Glad you are still around Nancy! :) Where is the video with Fuhrman?
afreespirit

Postby ncyg46 » Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:53 pm

afreespirit wrote:Glad you are still around Nancy! :) Where is the video with Fuhrman?

http://www.myfoxny.com/dpp/health/dr-jo ... emailshare

let me know if this works. Regardless of the fact that I am on here instead of there, I still think that they made fun of him and just kidded about everything he said. They had the reporters and an oncologist on that said diet doesn't do a darn thing. Why have him on if they were going to make fun of him. Course it is FoxTV so I guess that explains it. Worst news channel in the world! :D I don't know why he chose that one!
ncyg46

Postby afreespirit » Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:15 pm

I couldn't get the video to work! Yes "Faux" News is the worst propaganda, I mean "news" :-P channel on earth, hands down. LOL. Maybe it was the only one Dr F could get on and they let him be on so they could make fun of him! :eek:
afreespirit

Postby ncyg46 » Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:37 am

afreespirit wrote:I couldn't get the video to work! Yes "Faux" News is the worst propaganda, I mean "news" :-P channel on earth, hands down. LOL. Maybe it was the only one Dr F could get on and they let him be on so they could make fun of him! :eek:

I can get it to play but I first found it on facebook and emailed it to myself. That's probably why it isn't showing up and now I can't find it thru search. pm me your email and I will email it to you if you want!
ncyg46

Postby ncyg46 » Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:48 am

i just reposted the link on my facebook page so go take a look!
ncyg46

Postby ncyg46 » Wed Mar 09, 2011 8:29 pm

ok guys....been quiet for awhile. A bad week with my kids as usual. My son was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes with a blood sugar of 875. wow! They put him straight on insulin and since he has no money and no help except for "mommycare" I had a rough week. He had surgery on both legs today to open and clean up the infections from flea bites. Scared the dickens out of me cause I know what can happen. He takes after my husbands side of the family I guess.

Then my daughter also hit me up this week. She is pregnant again and her husband is sick with the flu and I had to help her also with the prescription money for tamiflu. Not sure if she should take it or not but whatever. I can't take much more of either of them or I won't be eating! Maybe Dr. McDougall will see this and respond cause I am at the end of what I can do for either of them

i can't buy videos for anyone, don't have the $$$$ but have been sending whatever links I can find. Don't know if it will help or not but i am trying. Why don't they get it already? I haven't even finished watching the ASW videos cause I can't download them on the wifi here and I am over my verizon broadband width for the month until the 17th!

i am feeling great, am around 123 now...I am on plan all the time with Ed's grilled chicken sitting on the counter!!!!! I know I don't post as much but what I am doing seems to work so I check in when I can. I wish they would work out the problems with connecting with the Iphone. Darn I love the thing! If I haven't learned it by today with all the phone calls and text messages, I never will. I just can't sign into this site with the phone. It knocks me off both!!!! Waiting to hear if they get a solution to the problem! :D :D
ncyg46

PreviousNext

Return to My Daily Menus & Journals