Circle of Friends

Share your daily McDougall menus and/or keep a journal describing your personal progress.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: Circle of Friends

Postby LoriJenny » Fri Jul 01, 2011 9:21 pm

I've been reading through posts to find ways of fixing potatoes. I bought a bag of the tiny little yellow ones :) Didn't someone have a recipe for potatoes that maybe had several vegies in it, and used mustard?
LoriJenny

Postby TominTN » Fri Jul 01, 2011 9:29 pm

LoriJenny wrote:I've been reading through posts to find ways of fixing potatoes. I bought a bag of the tiny little yellow ones :) Didn't someone have a recipe for potatoes that maybe had several vegies in it, and used mustard?

Circle City posted this a few days ago: viewtopic.php?p=223540#p223540
Whether you think you can or whether you think you can't, you're probably right.

Weight Loss Through the Magic of Calorie Density: http://wp.me/p1utH8-v
TominTN

Postby LoriJenny » Sat Jul 02, 2011 1:55 pm

Thanks so much Tom that is exactly what I was looking for!
LoriJenny

Postby Rosey » Sun Jul 03, 2011 12:17 am

had a pretty good day other then trip to Nicholas restaurant we have put them on the not go to again list.

We took 2 walks down to the garden and worked in it then we went for a 5 mile bike ride would of been longer but it's way hot out.
Rosey

Postby carollynne » Sun Jul 03, 2011 5:41 am

Rosey,
Great about that bike ride! I have given up on all restaurants, unless I order a plain garden salad, no nothing!! that is about it I guess unless we ever move to Santa Rosa, CA that is! hah!!!
You go at it. girl, and never stop either.
I have been trying to post some pictures of myself. and when I go to flickr.com, it just freezes up after I do the registration. Do any ohter pix sites work to post them here?

A very Happy 4th to all of you out here~
Still sitting here same wt, but ate a lot yesterday, and some of it off plan too, so I feel sort of icky too in that department. not sweets, but oily things, like some on rice and veggies, Ds wanted to have it so we did. never again, we vow!
I have lost about 60 lbs and never thought I'd be in the 150s ever again. cured my NAFLD!! Feel great!! Wt loss is so good for the knees and back, ankle, that I know I will never start back to the SAD way of eating again.
carollynne

Postby Christine in Cali » Sun Jul 03, 2011 7:32 am

Carollynne....Debbie posted this in the 100 day challenge, and it seems to be working for me. You have to play around with it to see what will work for you. I did some test posts in the sandbox to see if the pix came through. You can change the size and so on. Good Luck

For posting pictures, I use www.tinypic.com. You can upload without an account and its free and fast. I think I usually pick the website size for photos. The one for message boards is generally really big.

Copy the code for php boards and paste it here in the body of your post. Easy peasy.

You could always do another challenge, calling it "fall clothes look cuter when theyre smaller" or something like that.

"Nature won't be denied"
Christine in Cali

Postby Christine in Cali » Sun Jul 03, 2011 7:45 am

Yesterday was kind of a challenge. I was sooo tired and I sat down to read a book I found in a junk store by Dr Bernard....Then I zonked out. When I woke up I had all kind of cravings and where I am working for the people in Tiburon, they have candy, cookies, nuts, soda and all kind of crap. Well I ate some!! I was able to stop myself but not before I had a chunk of candy bar, and a hand full of chips :eek: not huge but still. I am glad working for these people is only temp. It's stressful.

Yesterday I was 170.6, exactly 31 lbs gone.....but, I am sure it's back up this am. I am too afraid to step on the scale to see :(

Today is the last day and I get paid and then I'm out the door.......

Tomorrow I am going to go for a nice hike, maybe to the beach
"Nature won't be denied"
Christine in Cali

Postby LoriJenny » Sun Jul 03, 2011 11:46 am

Friday night I started having major stomach pain, ended up throwing up...which I never do...felt sick all day Saturday, but better than I had felt the previous night. I was having more pain in the stomach than nausea. This morning, Bear was clamoring to go on his walk, so I took him to the dog park so I could just sit in the shade while he played. I was still having waves of stomach pain. On the way home I thought of McDonalds hash browns and they sounded so so good, so I tried it, I got one, and almost instantly felt better...and now I'm feeling really pretty good. Hmmm...I think this could mean my gall bladder was bothering me??? I've heard this can happen if you suddenly cut all the fat out of your diet...has anyone else encountered this? I'm unsure of how to proceed, I think just keep McDougalling and if the pain comes back...try having something with just a bit of fat so the gall bladder will drain itself, and know that the body will adjust to the new much lower amount of fat in the diet. I'm bummed though because I missed a yearly pool party that a friend of mine gives, and it's usually one of my favorite events of the summer. Oh well...pressing on :)
LoriJenny

Postby LoriJenny » Sun Jul 03, 2011 1:56 pm

Well, whatever the cause of that stomach upset that was, it appears to be over :) I had my blackbean salad with raw vegies for lunch and I'm feeling fine :) I am angry at my scale because it says I gained 2 pounds in 2 days when I have been eating next to nothing. I know it is probably just water weight or something but still...not very nice Mr. Scale!!!
I hope everyone has a happy 4th of July!! <3
LoriJenny

Postby carollynne » Sun Jul 03, 2011 8:46 pm

thanks to Christine, I am trying to upload a picture of myself with 2 of my sons, Eric, on the left and Patrick on the right of me. That is Maxie in my arms too, BTW. Eric is the one who vegans along with me, usually, that is. DH is taking the shot!
I am squinting into the sun here too!!
Last edited by carollynne on Sun Jul 03, 2011 9:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I have lost about 60 lbs and never thought I'd be in the 150s ever again. cured my NAFLD!! Feel great!! Wt loss is so good for the knees and back, ankle, that I know I will never start back to the SAD way of eating again.
carollynne

Postby carollynne » Sun Jul 03, 2011 8:56 pm

OK, I have tried all the codes and only that one will bring up a picture at all, although it is too big, I just thought I'd leave it until I figure out something better.

Lori, so glad your stomach is better. High fat can really cause my stomach to go nutty, but low fat? hmmm... definitely weird.
I decided not to go to a big gathering of folks and eats, since I would be so tempted... Sticking to plan pretty well, with a few minor slip ups here too. like some burnt potate chips, some crumbly asiago cheese on a salad, that I forgot to say no cheese to.
but I did eat some soy choc frozen concoction today, and tummy is telling me about it too. then had some whole wheat bread and butter oh dear, right???
carollynne

Postby carollynne » Sun Jul 03, 2011 9:00 pm

the 2 resident vegans , Eric and Me

Last edited by carollynne on Sun Jul 03, 2011 9:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
carollynne

Postby carollynne » Sun Jul 03, 2011 9:05 pm

Patrick and me !! He was home with fiancee looking at places to have their wedding next may! then it was back to Georgia for them!

My clematis did so well this year!!
Last edited by carollynne on Sun Jul 03, 2011 9:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
carollynne

Postby carollynne » Sun Jul 03, 2011 9:30 pm

Looking at these pictures of myself, I am very resolved to lose more wt!! And here I have done so well losing wt, and inches too, but these pictures do not lie to me, I am still have a ways to go!!
Went to see the reenactment of Pickett's charge today in Gettysburg! We watched the confederate re-enactors walk the whole mile thru the unprotected field, get helped up over the rocks and and they all shook hands and had a good healing time..

carollynne

Postby Rosey » Mon Jul 04, 2011 1:20 am

Christine in Cali wrote:Yesterday was kind of a challenge. I was sooo tired and I sat down to read a book I found in a junk store by Dr Bernard....Then I zonked out. When I woke up I had all kind of cravings and where I am working for the people in Tiburon, they have candy, cookies, nuts, soda and all kind of crap. Well I ate some!! I was able to stop myself but not before I had a chunk of candy bar, and a hand full of chips :eek: not huge but still. I am glad working for these people is only temp. It's stressful.

Yesterday I was 170.6, exactly 31 lbs gone.....but, I am sure it's back up this am. I am too afraid to step on the scale to see :(

Today is the last day and I get paid and then I'm out the door.......

Tomorrow I am going to go for a nice hike, maybe to the beach

We all goof up sometimes don't beat your self up over it. Pick up and move on you will lose it all. HUGS!!!
Rosey

PreviousNext

Return to My Daily Menus & Journals