Ltldogg's Journal

Share your daily McDougall menus and/or keep a journal describing your personal progress.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: Ltldogg's Journal

Postby Ltldogg » Fri Mar 06, 2020 6:42 am

Thur, Mar 5

Sleep = 6 hours

Morning Weight = 122.6
Height = 5' 6.5"

Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner = Bananas, Potatoes, Broccoli, Corn, Carrots, Brown Rice, sweet fat-free sauces
Snacks = Dates

Meds: Prednisone 40 mg

Ankylosing Spondylitis: none
Crohn's: 1/10 - bloating and distention
Uveitis: 2/10 - blurry vision
Fatigue: 0/10 - none
Depression & Anxiety: 1/10
Rheumatoid Arthritis: 1/10 - pain in left foot

Exercise: 18899 steps

Long walk before work again. Scratchy throat, sneezing and stuffy head right before bed; I haven't had a cold or sinus infection in a long time.
Ltldogg

Postby Ltldogg » Fri Mar 06, 2020 10:30 pm

Fri, Mar 6

Sleep = 7 hours

Morning Weight = 123.0
Height = 5' 6.5"

Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner = Bananas, Potatoes, Broccoli, sweet fat-free sauces
Snacks = Dates

Meds: Prednisone 35 mg - trying to taper down again for upcoming Dr appts.

Ankylosing Spondylitis: 2/10 - pain in hips and shoulders
Crohn's: 2/10 - bloating and distention, weight gain
Fatigue: 2/10 - took a 2 hr nap
Depression & Anxiety: 0/10
Rheumatoid Arthritis: 0/10

Exercise: 22002 steps

I didn't sleep the best last night as I have a head cold with some body aches. Keeping an eye on temperature and no fever. I stayed home today and will stay home this weekend and monitor into next week. I did get in some good long walks and took in some beautiful sun.
Ltldogg

Postby Ltldogg » Sun Mar 08, 2020 12:25 pm

Sat, Mar 7

Sleep = 6 hours + 1 hr nap

Morning Weight = 123.6
Height = 5' 6.5"

Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner = Bananas, Potatoes, Broccoli, sweet fat-free sauces
Snacks = Dates

Meds: Prednisone 35 mg

Ankylosing Spondylitis: 0/10
Crohn's: 2/10 - bloating and distention, weight gain
Fatigue: 2/10 - took a 1 hr nap
Exercise: 21453 steps

I slept okay, but woke up slightly more congested in the head; I am starting to have thick phlegm. Otherwise, energy and health are good. I am getting some good walks and sun but staying away from people otherwise except for my wife and mother-in-law.
Ltldogg

Postby Ltldogg » Mon Mar 09, 2020 5:31 am

Sun, Mar 8

Sleep = 7 hrs

Morning Weight = 123.6
Height = 5' 6.5"

Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner = Bananas, Potatoes, Broccoli, Carrots, Corn, Brown Rice, sweet fat-free sauces
Snacks = Dates

Meds: Prednisone 30 mg

Crohn's: 4/10 - bloating and distention, weight gain, lesions
Fatigue: 1/10 - no napping

Exercise: 19859 steps

I didn't sleep well because of the head congestion. I had a lot of phlegm in my chest after waking. I did get in lots of good walking today and feel okay other than the cold or whatever I got. Energy is good.
Ltldogg

Postby Ltldogg » Tue Mar 10, 2020 5:36 am

Mon, Mar 9

Sleep = 5.5 hrs

Morning Weight = 123.6
Height = 5' 6.5"

Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner = Bananas, Potatoes, Broccoli, Carrots, sweet fat-free sauces
Snacks = Dates

Crohn's: 4/10 - bloating and distention, weight gain, lesions
Fatigue: 2/10 - no napping
Rheumatoid Arthritis: 2/10 - pain in left foot

Exercise: 27212 steps

I didn't sleep well again because of the head and chest congestion. I coughed up a lot of phlegm again even though I'm not that stuffy in the head. I went to my Dr. today and got some medicine for the cough and congestion. No fever, but if I do get a fever or do not get better later in the week I am to return to my Dr.

I got tons of walking in today, which shows my energy levels are still way up.
Ltldogg

Postby deweyswakms » Tue Mar 10, 2020 7:36 am

Good morning,
I enjoy reading your journal and following your story.

Just wanted to say that I had a 24 hr flu last Thursday/Friday that started with similar symptoms, although I have such allergies and malingering sinus issues that it's hard to tell how much congestion is from that PLUS any virus. But it started as you describe. Only symptoms were extreme dizziness, chills, some nausea and fatigue. I fainted though and fell, only damage was to my front tooth which I hope is resolving. Don't want to contemplate the $$$$ dental repair on it.

Anyway, be mindful and watchful of it, as you are.

Marsha
start weight 210 on 7/25/14; MWL recommit 7/2019 weight 197. 6/11/2022 weight 165.0. Height 5'8".
deweyswakms

Postby Ltldogg » Tue Mar 10, 2020 8:27 am

deweyswakms wrote:Good morning,
I enjoy reading your journal and following your story.

Just wanted to say that I had a 24 hr flu last Thursday/Friday that started with similar symptoms, although I have such allergies and malingering sinus issues that it's hard to tell how much congestion is from that PLUS any virus. But it started as you describe. Only symptoms were extreme dizziness, chills, some nausea and fatigue. I fainted though and fell, only damage was to my front tooth which I hope is resolving. Don't want to contemplate the $$$$ dental repair on it.

Anyway, be mindful and watchful of it, as you are.

Marsha

HI Marsha,

Thank you for your reply and feedback. I am sorry to hear about your tooth and hope it does resolve on it's own!

I took the meds yesterday and last night, feel no better and in fact feel worse. I went to bed last night at 9:30 and woke up at 2 am unable to go back to sleep due to coughing up phlegm. I laid back down at 5 (when my wife left for work) and woke up just before 7 am. I definitely feel worse, but no fever yet. I'll monitor and if no better Thursday or Friday I'll get back into see my doctor. I'm monitoring and understand that I live in a large city and am immunocompromised. So I'm taking precautions with COVID-19 as well as the flu.

As for my appetite and energy. No changes related to this illness. I am always hungry and always want to eat McDougall foods :mrgreen: And because of this woe, I always have plenty of energy and drive to do things. It is going to rain off and on for the next 4 days in Phoenix (unheard of and depressing :shock: ) so I will be spending lots of time on my exercise bike as well as doing chores around the house.

I'll keep this thread updated.

Cheers,
Scott
Ltldogg

Postby Ltldogg » Tue Mar 10, 2020 9:48 pm

Tue, Mar 10

Sleep = 8+ hrs broken up

Morning Weight = 122.1
Height = 5' 6.5"

Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner = Potatoes, Broccoli, Carrots, salt
Snacks = Dates

Crohn's: 2/10 - less bloating and lesions are going away
Uveitis: 1/10 - slightly blurry vision
Fatigue: 2/10 - 2 naps
Rheumatoid Arthritis: 1/10

Exercise: 12937 steps

I slept until 2 am, then 5-6:45 am, then 10:30 am - 12:30 pm. Chest congestion is still bad after sleeping and makes me cough up thick phlegm. Head congestion still is not bad. I am still having some headaches and occasionally what feels like a fever, but no actual fever. It didn't rain that much today so I got some walking in. I was too tired to do any biking on top of the walking. Energy and mood are still good.
Ltldogg

Postby Ltldogg » Wed Mar 11, 2020 9:44 pm

Wed, Mar 11

Sleep = 5+ hrs broken up

Morning Weight = 120.8
Height = 5' 6.5"

Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner = Potatoes, Broccoli, Carrots, salt
Snacks = Dates

Meds: Prednisone 25 mg

Ankylosing Spondylitis: 1/10 - slight hip pain
Crohn's: 2/10 - less bloating and lesions are going away
Uveitis: 1/10 - slightly blurry vision
Fatigue: 1/10 - slight fatigue
Rheumatoid Arthritis: 4/10 - hands and feet

Exercise: 5840 steps + 1 hr of exercise bike (easy pace)

Terrible sleep last night due to coughing and chest congestion. I woke up a ton. I tried to take a nap today but was interrupted. It rained almost all day. Cough and chest congestion not better yet. If still not better tomorrow I'll see my doctor. I'm hoping to get some sleep tonight.

Took my first maintenance dose of Humira today and I see my GI tomorrow for a follow up.
Ltldogg

Postby Ltldogg » Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:39 pm

Thur, Mar 12

Sleep = 6 hours plus 30 minute nap

Morning Weight = 123.0
Height = 5' 6.5"

Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner = Potatoes, Broccoli, Carrots, Brown Rice, oil-free sweet sauces
Snacks = Dates, Bananas

Ankylosing Spondylitis: 0/10 - slight hip pain
Crohn's: 2/10
Rheumatoid Arthritis: 2/10 - hands and feet

Exercise: 5869 steps

I had way less chest congestion/phlegm this morning and after a nap; I'm still coughing a bit. It rained off and on all day. I went to my GI appt and the doctor ordered blood work to check my inflammation and base markers. He wants to see me back in 2 months, which will be 3 months being on Humira. He also wants me to stay on 20 mg of Prednisone. Lastly, he emphasized that I social distance myself from others, especially sick people and reminded me I am immunocompromised.

I was pretty busy all day and didn't get on the exercise bike. It's supposed to rain tomorrow so I'll have another chance then :shock:
Ltldogg

Postby Ltldogg » Fri Mar 13, 2020 10:39 pm

Fri, Mar 13

Sleep = 7 hours plus another 1.5 hr nap

Morning Weight = 123.8
Height = 5' 6.5"

Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner = Potatoes, Broccoli, Carrots, Brown Rice, Oats, Blueberries, Agave, oil-free sweet sauces
Snacks = Dates, Bananas

Crohn's: 2/10
Uveitis: 1/10 - blurry vision
Rheumatoid Arthritis: 1/10 - hands and feet

Exercise: 5438 steps + 1.25 hrs of stationery bike

I slept decent last night and got more hours and had little coughing and disruption throughout the night. I woke up with no coughing up of phlegm. I stayed busy doing chores and staying in most of the day because it rained a lot. I did get outside for a walk in between the rain. I was feeling good and took a nap around 4, but after I woke up I coughed badly for a long time and now feel worse then I have in a while. Still no fever. I have a follow up appt with my Dr. for next Wed just in case. I'm hoping for some good sleep tonight, but feel like it is going to be a rough night.
Ltldogg

Postby Ltldogg » Sun Mar 15, 2020 1:00 am

Sat, Mar 14

Sleep = 7 hours plus another 2 hr nap

Morning Weight = 121.9
Height = 5' 6.5"

Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner = Potatoes, Broccoli, Carrots, Brown Rice, Pinto Beans, Oats, Blueberries, Agave, oil-free sweet sauces
Snacks = Dates, Bananas

Meds: None, forgot

Crohn's:0/10

Exercise: 16677 steps + 1/2 hr of stationery bike

I slept decent again last night and got more hours and had little coughing and disruption throughout the night. I didn't realize it until this evening but I forgot to take the Prednisone today and have not noticed any additional pain or fatigue on-set. Maybe Humira is working???

It was sunny most of the day so I got some good walks in. My wife went grocery shopping today (she doesn't want me going out), but the grocery stores are all out of beans and rice, most potatoes and of course lots of other stuff we don't buy. She was able to get whole wheat cereal, frozen veggies, condiments, fresh veggies and bananas. She is going to try again tomorrow to get beans and rice, more potatoes, dates and large bottle of white vinegar (wha???), which I use to clean our stainless steel pots. Most of the stores are re-stocking daily and if 24x7, they are closing overnight to guarantee restocking and cleaning.

I have been adding more foods back in with success in the last couple days. I plan on adding more, like oil-free whole wheat bread, lentils and beans, corn, etc.
Ltldogg

Postby Ltldogg » Mon Mar 16, 2020 7:52 pm

Sun, Mar 15

Sleep = 7 hours

Morning Weight = 123.6
Height = 5' 6.5"

Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner = Potatoes, Broccoli, Carrots, Brown Rice, Pinto Beans, Oats, Blueberries, Agave, oil-free sweet sauces
Snacks = Dates, Bananas

Meds: 20 mg Prednisone

Ankylosing Spondylitis: 1/10 - slight hip pain

Exercise: 17854 steps + 1/2 hr of stationery bike

Good day health wise. It was also nice outside so I got some walks in. Sad to see everything happening with the pandemic, but good to know that The McDougall Program is great for immune health.
Ltldogg

Postby Ltldogg » Tue Mar 17, 2020 7:04 am

Mon, Mar 16

Sleep = 8 hours

Morning Weight = 124.2
Height = 5' 6.5"

Snacks = Dates, Bananas

Meds: 15 mg Prednisone

Uveitis: .5/10 - vision is clearing up
Fatigue: 0/10

Exercise: 13766 steps + 1/2 hr of stationery bike

This day was terrible because my male cat, Fox, had some serious health issues. I had him at the vet twice and then spent most of the day worrying, cleaning up and trying to comfort or keep an eye on him.

As for my own health, it really doesn't matter as long as I am well enough to take care of my cats, wife and mother-in-law in emergencies like today. I'm actually doing better as I taper off the Prednisone; I hope this trend continues! I have been and will continue to add back more foods including wheat and corn.
Ltldogg

Postby Ltldogg » Wed Mar 18, 2020 10:25 am

Tue, Mar 17

Sleep = 4 hours

Morning Weight = 124.1
Height = 5' 6.5"

Snacks = Dates, Bananas

Meds: 15 mg Prednisone

Ankylosing Spondylitis: 2/10
Crohn's:1/10
Uveitis: 2/10 - vision is clearing up
Fatigue: 3/10 - probably from lack of sleep
Depression & Anxiety: 3/10
Rheumatoid Arthritis: 2/10

Exercise: 12974 steps

I didn't sleep well as I was trying to keep an eye on my sick cat, Fox, and worrying about him. I spent most of the day watching over Fox, cleaning up the house from the day before kitty health issues, and doing house chores. I did get some good sun walks in and tried to take a nap, but was unsuccessful even though I was super tired.

I have dipped below the 20 mg dosage of Prednisone for the second day in a row and as usual, the body is not happy. Disease activity is up across the board. I am going to try one more day at 15 mg and see what happens. It is supposed to rain and be colder for the next 2 days, :cry: I have a follow up doctor's appt on Wed for my cough, which is still with me slightly.
Ltldogg

PreviousNext

Return to My Daily Menus & Journals