Dissolution's Solution

Share your daily McDougall menus and/or keep a journal describing your personal progress.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: Dissolution's Solution

Postby carollynne » Wed Jul 04, 2012 3:13 pm

a picture is worth a 1000 words and this one does say it all! So glad to hear that you are busy too. Keep at it.
I have lost about 60 lbs and never thought I'd be in the 150s ever again. cured my NAFLD!! Feel great!! Wt loss is so good for the knees and back, ankle, that I know I will never start back to the SAD way of eating again.
carollynne

Postby PotatoFiend » Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:30 pm

Dissolution wrote:Busy busy busy....

Saw this and wanted to post it. It reminds me of that Wal-Mart photo I posted, it's very sad.

Don't you mean it's very SAD? :wink:
PotatoFiend

Postby dlee » Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:57 pm

Chile wrote:Holy moley! That is a priceless picture.

Tooo much! Dlee
dlee

Postby Dissolution » Fri Jul 06, 2012 6:53 am

Found a diet more effective at losing weight than McDougalling...

Dissolution

Postby fulenn » Fri Jul 06, 2012 10:39 am

Love it!!

Fulenn
What if love really IS the answer?

Read my journal about tackling Multiple Sclerosis with a plant-based McDougall diet in the journal forum on this site, Fulenn's MS Page.

My blog: http://fulennskitchen.blogspot.com
fulenn

Postby carollynne » Fri Jul 06, 2012 3:48 pm

so cool!!

looks like you had a great 4th!!
I have lost about 60 lbs and never thought I'd be in the 150s ever again. cured my NAFLD!! Feel great!! Wt loss is so good for the knees and back, ankle, that I know I will never start back to the SAD way of eating again.
carollynne

Postby Dissolution » Thu Jul 12, 2012 5:47 am

Decided to cut back to 3 meals a day, the scale started moving again. Not really sure what I've been doing the past couple of months, I've been eating low-fat vegan, but probably a bit too much bread and fruit. I've also been eating a LOT of food. So this has been the kind of binge where someone eating animal products probably would have put on 10 pounds. I didn't put on any weight.

One of my favorite meals used to be cheeseburger hamburger helper, the wife made it last night. It smelled awful . Speaking of smelling bad, I'm attempting to make sauerkraut. The only ingredients were cabbage and salt. It'll need to ferment for a couple of weeks. It's a little bit scary.

Been playing golf once a week. The wife tried starting a fight about golf again, and how expensive it is. I told her we could revisit that discussion as soon as I started spending more money on golf, than she spends on cigarettes.

We're going to an amusement park on Friday. Really looking forward to it. Last summer I couldn't fit on most of the rides, even the ones with the fat person seat. I'm riding everything this year.

The wife and I decided to spend money on home improvements this year, instead of going on a big vacation.

I hope everybody has a good weekend!
Dissolution

Postby carollynne » Thu Jul 12, 2012 5:57 am

wow, I think that is terrific, golfing once a week. I love your comeback about the price of ciggs. That is one nasty habit to kick. My own mother smoked til she was 85 and lived til 88 almost. It was increasingly harder and harder to be around such an addict. It took over her entire being. Hopefully your wive will be able to kick it

Hey congrats on being able to ride all the great rides you ever wanted to!! that is one great accomplishment if you ask me! So cool.

Have a great time tomorrow, we are headed for the C & O canal historical place today and hope to really enjoy it. Ever been there? It is in MD. Nice walking/biking route all along the canal too.
Last edited by carollynne on Fri Jul 13, 2012 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
carollynne

Postby Chile » Thu Jul 12, 2012 6:38 am

Thisis the recipe I use when making sauerkraut. It always come out delicious. I bought his book and also use it to make kimchi. They do stink up the kitchen a bit during the fermentation process but I think it's a good stink. :D
Chile

Postby fulenn » Fri Jul 13, 2012 6:13 pm

So glad you are not gaining! Now to get the last of it off....

Golf sounds great. We have taken up walking. It's just nice to get outside with the kids doing something other than sitting. :)

I'm sure you have had a great afternoon at the amusement park--hope this evening goes just as well!

Fulenn
What if love really IS the answer?

Read my journal about tackling Multiple Sclerosis with a plant-based McDougall diet in the journal forum on this site, Fulenn's MS Page.

My blog: http://fulennskitchen.blogspot.com
fulenn

Postby Dissolution » Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:00 am

carollynne My Mom and Sister go to the C&O canal tow path to ride bikes or walk the dogs sometimes.

Chile I think that's the person I heard being interviewed on the radio that made me decide to try making sauerkraut.

fulenn Sometimes I get a little too pleased with myself and forget I still have a substantial amount of weight to lose.

It was an awesome day at the amusement park. The weather was perfect and there were not many people there. Maybe the Friday the 13th thing kept people away. Most of the ride wait times were between 0-20 minutes.

Funniest comment I heard Yesterday was, one of my son's asked, "Does the 200 pound you ever thank the 300 pound you for your hamstrings and calves?"

I rode everything, including the Sky Flyer. Food was a little tough, I did find some fruit. Ate bavarian pretzels a couple of times. At the end of the day I did find a Panda Express and had mixed vegetables and white rice.

My energy level is just amazing now-a-days. We got to the park at 10am, at 9:30 pm we're waiting for fireworks, when my 26 year old says, "hey want to go ride another coaster?" I said sure we decided which one and I took off running. I hear him behind me say ,"Holy shit! He's running!"

This is the Sky Flyer
Last edited by Dissolution on Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dissolution

Postby PotatoFiend » Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:25 am

Dissolution wrote:Funniest comment I heard Yesterday was, one of my son's asked, "Does the 200 pound you ever thank the 300 pound you for your hamstrings and calves?"

My energy level is just amazing now-a-days. We got to the park at 10am, at 9:30 pm we're waiting for fireworks, when my 26 year old says, "hey want to go ride another coaster?" I said sure we decided which one and I took off running. I hear him behind me say ,"Holy shit! He's running!"
These two pieces of your entry made me laugh! Awesome day at the park it sounds like! Woot! :nod:
PotatoFiend

Postby ShevaunB » Sat Jul 14, 2012 1:00 pm

Your progress on losing weight is really impressive. Try not to eat too many firecrackers, though, might contain added oil :wink: And I agree that sometimes discussing our diet is more of a loaded issue than talking about religion or politics *sigh* :?
ShevaunB

Postby nicoles » Sat Jul 14, 2012 4:19 pm

PotatoFiend wrote:
Dissolution wrote:Funniest comment I heard Yesterday was, one of my son's asked, "Does the 200 pound you ever thank the 300 pound you for your hamstrings and calves?"

These two pieces of your entry made me laugh! Awesome day at the park it sounds like! Woot! :nod:

Made me laugh, too! Sounds like a wonderful day. :-D
Tough times don't last, tough people do

Read the results of my journey here: Nicole S. O'Shea vs. Psoriatic Arthritis

My Journal
nicoles

Postby SunshineDay » Mon Jul 16, 2012 2:21 pm

Greetings, Dissolution. I've been lurkingly reading your journal here for a long while now, keeping up and enjoying your updates and reader comments, but without ever commenting myself. Only I feel compelled to do so now, just to mention that when grocery shopping with my teen daughter yesterday, and she requested to buy milk, I countered by calling it "poison cow juice". And I have you to thank for that! Ha-ha, the look on her face...!!! ;-) In any case, pleasure to meet you, Dissolution :-)
SunshineDay

PreviousNext

Return to My Daily Menus & Journals