Dissolution's Solution

Share your daily McDougall menus and/or keep a journal describing your personal progress.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: Dissolution's Solution

Postby carollynne » Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:37 pm

Ah, yes that poison cow juice is a riot! did I mention that DH is def. off the diary, but the other meat is still lurking about. Not in the house, but when we go out. But Rome was not built in a day, so.....

Hope all is well with you and yours!!
I have lost about 60 lbs and never thought I'd be in the 150s ever again. cured my NAFLD!! Feel great!! Wt loss is so good for the knees and back, ankle, that I know I will never start back to the SAD way of eating again.
carollynne

Postby Melinda » Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:09 pm

Did you really ride that roller coaster???!! :D
Melinda

Postby Dissolution » Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:47 pm

PotatoFiend It was a great day!

ShevaunB Thanks. I still contend that the weight-loss has been a side effect of my trying to reverse my heart disease.

nicoles It made me laugh when her said it.

SunshineDay Pleasure to meet you! I used a new one at the park, when everybody was eating ice cream. Somebody asked me if I was craving it, I told them they would be surprised how unappealing "frozen congealed bovine mammary gland excretion" was to me. #4's GF said "eeewwwww! That's disgusting!". I said, "You're the one eating it."

carollynne Glad to hear things are still progressing with DH. #2 seems to be vegan at home and omni when he eats out, which is 5-6 times a week.

Melinda It's more of a giant swing, but yeah, the wife, #1 son and myself all rode it.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Things are going well. Weight is being stubborn. I'm still eating too much and not going to the gym. Golf is like going to the gym though! Kinda, at least that's what I keep telling myself.

It's all good though. I'm feeling great, staying busy and active. Golfing now twice a week, we even played int he rain last Friday. Bought one of those new breathable sports fabric shirts (we called it polyester in the 70's and 80's), had to go with the large, buying 36" shorts and pants now.

The wife is bitching less about my diet, of course I think she hates golf even more. So that's been keeping things entertaining.

I hope everyone is having a good day!
Dissolution

Postby fulenn » Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:13 pm

Hi, Dissolution! It's so good to hear that you are doing well and that you are not hearing as much negative stuff from your wife. Golfing sounds good--it's not focused weight loss or toning work, but gets you outside and walking. :)

I'm so glad that you don't have angina and can get out and feel so good. In my opinion, that's what this is all about.

Fulenn
What if love really IS the answer?

Read my journal about tackling Multiple Sclerosis with a plant-based McDougall diet in the journal forum on this site, Fulenn's MS Page.

My blog: http://fulennskitchen.blogspot.com
fulenn

Postby Chile » Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:19 pm

Dissolution wrote: I used a new one at the park, when everybody was eating ice cream. Somebody asked me if I was craving it, I told them they would be surprised how unappealing "frozen congealed bovine mammary gland excretion" was to me. #4's GF said "eeewwwww! That's disgusting!". I said, "You're the one eating it."

I freaked someone out a while back by asking why in the world they'd want to drink the breast milk of another animal. People don't like to think of their precious milk as what it really is nor do they particularly like it when I point out that they are not a baby cow. Tactfulness was never my strong suit... :lol:
Chile

Postby PotatoFiend » Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:40 pm

Dissolution wrote:Somebody asked me if I was craving it, I told them they would be surprised how unappealing "frozen congealed bovine mammary gland excretion" was to me. #4's GF said "eeewwwww! That's disgusting!". I said, "You're the one eating it."
:thumbsup:
PotatoFiend

Postby carollynne » Thu Jul 26, 2012 5:05 am

Hi there Dis, I love that answer about the ice cream! great line, I might have to use it oneday myself, so thanks, He so glad you are golfing more, it is great to be outside, better than any gym I think, esp in good weather, why be inside with all the dust and sneezers?

bad weather outside, I need to get off computer now. But had to say hello and good luck, I am sooo proud of your progress, DH went with me as support last night to a grad dinner so the Engine 2 challenge that I coached again. He was so amazed, and the food was pretty good too. He could see that there was a lot of good people there just trying to get healthy and lose wt and meds there were on too.
Have a good day!
I have lost about 60 lbs and never thought I'd be in the 150s ever again. cured my NAFLD!! Feel great!! Wt loss is so good for the knees and back, ankle, that I know I will never start back to the SAD way of eating again.
carollynne

Postby Dissolution » Sat Aug 04, 2012 9:34 pm

So I bought this cabbage today....

Dissolution

Postby fulenn » Sat Aug 04, 2012 9:44 pm

Wow! Do you know how much that weighs?

Fulenn
What if love really IS the answer?

Read my journal about tackling Multiple Sclerosis with a plant-based McDougall diet in the journal forum on this site, Fulenn's MS Page.

My blog: http://fulennskitchen.blogspot.com
fulenn

Postby Adrienne » Sat Aug 04, 2012 10:00 pm

Wow Diss your weight is really coming off! How much have you lost so far? That pic shows a huge difference between you now and your before pic that you posted earlier in your journal.

Let us know how long it takes for you to go through that cabbage.
Adrienne

Postby Melinda » Sat Aug 04, 2012 10:29 pm

WOW Dis, you look great!
Melinda

Postby lmggallagher » Sat Aug 04, 2012 10:31 pm

Nah, he isn't skinny - it's that hugest cabbage in captivity making it appear so :) :-D :D :lol: :lol:

I had to say it even though it's not so, hehehehe! I bet Frozen Veg has seen bigger cabbages - they are supposed to get ginormous in Alaska, but I sure haven't ever seen one that big in California.
lmggallagher

Postby AlwaysAgnes » Sun Aug 05, 2012 12:09 pm

I used to see cabbages that big in Michigan, but don't think I've ever seen one like that here in Arizona.
You don't have to wait to be happy.
AlwaysAgnes

Postby carollynne » Mon Aug 06, 2012 6:43 pm

wow, that cabbage looks great to me. What all do you plan on doing with it? Just think of all the wt you have lost and then how much does that look like in veggies all piled up?
still golfing? a great past time to keep moving!
carollynne

Postby Rosey » Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:22 pm

You look Fabulous!!!

Does cabbage taste good when they get that big???
Rosey

PreviousNext

Return to My Daily Menus & Journals