Circle of Friends

Share your daily McDougall menus and/or keep a journal describing your personal progress.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: Circle of Friends

Postby Christine in Cali » Mon Jul 04, 2011 11:30 pm

Here I am in my full glory, trying to cover up my belly with my arms...it's not really working is it?
Hard to post this pic.

"Nature won't be denied"
Christine in Cali

Postby Christine in Cali » Mon Jul 04, 2011 11:36 pm

This is goal....I can get the suit on but it's not comfortable. The suit is a Vintage Cole of California, cool leopard print. I think this photo was taken in 1999

Nice to see every ones shinning faces...Lorijenny it's your turn now. Glad your feeling better by the way.

Were all doing it ladies! We are making the changes and seeing results. On to better health and feeling good....
"Nature won't be denied"
Christine in Cali

Postby LoriJenny » Tue Jul 05, 2011 3:36 am

Wow it worked! I think I was not copying the entire code...had to make sure to include the [img part. But anyway, here is a before pic that I'm none too proud of...but Bear looks cute anyway!
Last edited by LoriJenny on Sun Nov 27, 2011 12:27 am, edited 2 times in total.
LoriJenny

Postby LoriJenny » Tue Jul 05, 2011 3:57 am

About 4 years ago, I did a good job losing some weight...this was a pic from that time...I believe it was 2007, when I was about 10 pounds lighter than I am currently. I have become so good at hiding from the camera that I have no recent pics of me...I have lots of the dogs!!! I'm going to try to take a more current one soon.

Okay, I can't sleep tonight so I played around with my phone camera and took this pic of me...now if only I could figure out how to make it right side up. :)
Last edited by LoriJenny on Sun Nov 27, 2011 12:28 am, edited 4 times in total.
LoriJenny

Postby LoriJenny » Tue Jul 05, 2011 4:05 am

And one of the dogs with my thumb!! :)
Last edited by LoriJenny on Sun Nov 27, 2011 12:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
LoriJenny

Postby LoriJenny » Tue Jul 05, 2011 4:22 am

I think we are all very brave...so here are some hugs for all of us:

:nod: ((((((((((((circle of friends))))))))))))))))) :nod:
LoriJenny

Postby Gypsy » Tue Jul 05, 2011 5:51 am

LoriJenny wrote:I think we are all very brave...so here are some hugs for all of us:

:nod: ((((((((((((circle of friends))))))))))))))))) :nod:

Yes, we are brave, aren't we :nod:
Thanks so much for the hugs....and you are really lookin' great! ;-)
Gypsy

Postby Christine in Cali » Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:50 am

Lori, Gypsy, Rosie and Carollynne...You Ladies ROCK!! It sure is hard to put up pix for all the world to see. I hope we can be an inspiration to some and to ourselves in the process. WE CAN DO THIS!

This Pic is from this morning at 6:30 AM before my hike with my Sis....I don't think I look very svelte in it and it's definitely not at goal, so I will call it in transition. Will make me think twice about putting something in my mouth that is not on plan. Must keep in mind the end result...

"Nature won't be denied"
Christine in Cali

Postby LoriJenny » Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:27 am

I love your pics Christine!! You sure do look alot like your beautiful mom and in todays pic...you look so happy to be out there hiking, this is like a new beginning in life for us in some senses isn't it? Feeling good, getting out, doing things, taking good care of our bodies :) :) Love the pics everyone!!!
LoriJenny

Postby Christine in Cali » Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:37 am

Lori....Love the pup-a-roo's Bet they keep you on your walking toes. What's the littles ones name?
"Nature won't be denied"
Christine in Cali

Postby LoriJenny » Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:39 am

The Boston is Bugsy...he's our alpha male and since he has established that with Bear they get along great :)
LoriJenny

Postby Rosey » Tue Jul 05, 2011 12:02 pm

I'm loving seeing all the pictures. Yesterday I did pretty good. I ate on plan even when I went out to eat even made them take the potato back because they brought it with oil and salt all over the outside of it when I told them dry. Ended up having steamed veggies and a salad minus cheese and minus the bread things they put on top and no dressing. I loved it even without dressing never thought I'd ever say that but I did. I did have 1 drink with alcohol as it was my daughters 21st birthday party we all had one drink.
Rosey

Postby LoriJenny » Tue Jul 05, 2011 12:23 pm

Wow Rosey I think you did great!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: I think it's really a big step when we can be so assertive to send back a potato that has oil on it...I know I haven't done that yet and there has been a time or two where I was served something with cheese or dressing and I did not say anything just felt defeated so...I am impressed!!! And congrats on your daughter turning 21!! :nod:
LoriJenny

Postby carollynne » Tue Jul 05, 2011 2:27 pm

oh, my golly, I loved seeing all the pictures of you all! Everyone looks so great! and Christine, your last picture looks so good that is has got to be close to goal for you. so healthy and alive. Lori you are equally looking good, esp when with the before picture.
I have to find one of me huge!!
Rosie, I applaud you for sending back the baked potato, I had to do that once too, it had arrived covered with drippy stuff, and my DH hates when I do that. Your salad sounds like mine too! I hate dressings now!! I only need some vinegar and I am happy, or nothing is good too.
gotta stop and get back to kitchen.
congrats to all of us then!!
Now that I know how, I will post more pix...
I have lost about 60 lbs and never thought I'd be in the 150s ever again. cured my NAFLD!! Feel great!! Wt loss is so good for the knees and back, ankle, that I know I will never start back to the SAD way of eating again.
carollynne

Postby Rosey » Tue Jul 05, 2011 3:25 pm

LoriJenny wrote:Wow Rosey I think you did great!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: I think it's really a big step when we can be so assertive to send back a potato that has oil on it...I know I haven't done that yet and there has been a time or two where I was served something with cheese or dressing and I did not say anything just felt defeated so...I am impressed!!! And congrats on your daughter turning 21!! :nod:

It is probably easier for me to send something with oil back then it is most people because I get down right sick if I have it.
Rosey

PreviousNext

Return to My Daily Menus & Journals