bunsofaluminum's journal

Share your daily McDougall menus and/or keep a journal describing your personal progress.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: bunsofaluminum's journal

Postby sksamboots » Thu May 20, 2010 9:55 am

hey buns. I bet you lost a lot of inches. We should have did your measurements. Great attitude. Keep on keepin on :D :nod:
sksamboots

Postby bunsofaluminum » Fri May 21, 2010 9:42 pm

whew. Friday night. It's been a long week. This cough has me pretty sleep deprived. I think it's coming around, though. i started taking Mucinex today. We'll see. If it isn't better by Tuesday, I'll go to the Dr.

Ate well today, all MWL except I did have a burrito wrapped in whole wheat tortilla, which is a flour product. Oh...some banana ice cream, too. Otherwise, terrific. I spent some time making menus. One thing about a mini, you don't have to spend any time thinking about what's for food...

and tomorrow I will shop for those menus. :nod:

On Wednesday I was at group (I volunteer in a men's therapy group session) and one of the guys brought in a hamburger. When i came in, it seriously smelled like B.O. in that room. blch. Combination of meat and onion totally turned me off.

hm. Nothing else much to say. Planning on a walk tomorrow. :)
JUST DON'T EAT IT

I heart my endothelial lining
by red squirrel

simple, humble food
by f00die

The rest is an industry looking to make a buck off my poor health
by Pamela, a FB user
bunsofaluminum

Postby Anna Green » Fri May 21, 2010 10:01 pm

Hey lady, 14's huh? You do rock! I am so pleased for you.
Anna Green

Postby raven » Sat May 22, 2010 11:17 am

Hi Heidi. Yeah, sometimes i love doing dishes. It can be so meditative, and you can really see the results dish by dish!

Wow, 14s! Way to go. Soon they will be too loose, and then on to the 12s... and... how low do you want to go? How many more sizes?

Have a great weekend!
Raven
raven

Postby Birdy » Sat May 22, 2010 12:01 pm

Hi buns! I hope your cough is better. Havent' been checking in on the boards very often lately - too much stuff going on - but am glad you're making great progress. I enjoy reading your journal!
"The program is essentially cost and risk free." ~ Dr. John McDougall
Birdy

Postby bunsofaluminum » Sat May 22, 2010 6:29 pm

Hey folks

still coughing. I got some mucinex and found out it DOES make you drowsy. So, I'm getting pretty good sleep, but the one I took this morning has had me zonked all day long.

eating very simply. Well, making a big pot of soup was a little bit of work, but now it's made, I have two or three meals in my fridge.

B: bbq rice bowl: rice, vegetarian baked beans, corn
B2: hot and sour soup
L: hot and sour soup
D: baked sweet potato w/soy sauce, garlic powder; romaine lettuce

(I found big packages of Romaine at the discount store: five hearts of Romaine for .99c ...bought two of them, and will have romaine lettuce as my green for the next couple of days) (I LOOOOOOOVE the discount grocery!)

gonna watch a movie while I eat my dinner.
JUST DON'T EAT IT

by red squirrel

simple, humble food
by f00die

by Pamela, a FB user
bunsofaluminum

Postby bunsofaluminum » Sun May 23, 2010 7:17 pm

What I Ate Today:

B: hot grape nuts w/brown sugar and rice milk
L: tossed salad; 1/4 c potato salad (w/mayo); fruit salad; bread
D: veggie stix, 8 or 10 club crackers, grape tomatoes, nut mix

Just wanted to see what I have eaten, because I did have a few things off plan, due to eating out of hand two different times...after church, and after chapel service. The potato salad had mayonnaise, the bread and the crackers were right off plan, and I did have some trail mix with nuts. But I didn't overeat. Ate no seconds at all, made 75% of my plate greens or fresh vegs, didn't eat any oils, ate slowly, didn't leave the table feeling hungry OR stuffed full. Overall, I ate very light, mostly healthy. :nod: I feel good about my eating today.

So, it looks like it's possible to enjoy fellowship with others, who are eating (and serving) meat and cheese. I didn't stick out like a sore thumb, but went through the line like everyone else, putting selections of food on my plate, and my not choosing the pulled pork wasn't even noticed. Of course, I made sure and brought a big tossed salad for the potluck :) and the veggie stix for after the chapel service were mine, too.

The longer I do this, the more I find it is doable!
JUST DON'T EAT IT

by red squirrel

simple, humble food
by f00die

by Pamela, a FB user
bunsofaluminum

Postby RiceGirl » Sun May 23, 2010 7:56 pm

Hey Buns - I just realized where you live (it takes me a while but eventually, I get it) and I have a high school friend who also lives in Ogden! Amazing.

DJ
DJ
Height 5'9"

Things are more like they are now than they've ever been - The Elephant Hill School of Economics
RiceGirl

Postby kirstykay » Mon May 24, 2010 6:46 am

Buns,
Just checking in...Looks like you're doing great! Hope your cough is getting better! :)
"Remember, It's the food." ~Dr. McDougall

kirstykay

Postby bunsofaluminum » Mon May 24, 2010 7:05 am

Hey there

thanks for the drop by's... dana, there's another person on this forum, mtns, who lives in the area, too. small world!

Kirsty, I can't wait to see what your scale says today...My cough is getting there. I'm sleeping through the night anyway, and in my bed not my recliner. That's the mucinex, though. It makes me drowsy.

I dropped a pound yayayaayayayayay! Size 16's are across the board comfy on me, yet there is one 18 still in my closet that fits me snug. how odd.

Food Plan for Today:

B: hot and sour soup (gonna freeze the rest for later)
L: baked potato and big green salad
D: mediterranean rice bowl w.tomatoes, spinach, Italian seasonings, green beans...something like that.

activity...it's raining still, (am I in the desert state of Utah, or did I somehow get warped to the Northwest coast?) I will try and get a walk if the rain lets up this afternoon.
JUST DON'T EAT IT

by red squirrel

simple, humble food
by f00die

by Pamela, a FB user
bunsofaluminum

Postby bunsofaluminum » Tue May 25, 2010 7:27 am

Today's Plan:

B: rice and romaine; banana
L: ratatouille over rice; parmesan not-cheese sprinkle
D: large salad; baked sweet pot? something like that.

still coughing. I think it's turned out to be bronchitis, for I can hear it pretty deep inside. sorta wheezy. :| but I am sleeping through the night.

the weather is looking very pretty today. Clear skies and sunshine for a change. I will take a walk today FOR SURE.
JUST DON'T EAT IT

by red squirrel

simple, humble food
by f00die

by Pamela, a FB user
bunsofaluminum

Postby raven » Wed May 26, 2010 8:36 am

Hi Heidi, Have you ever tried ginger and lemon for a cough? I find it helpful, i grate the ginger (fresh seems to work better) in a pan with water and cook it a few minutes, then add lemon.

I hope that nasty cough goes away and stays away!
Raven
raven

Postby bunsofaluminum » Wed May 26, 2010 9:23 pm

Hi Raven

I also have some fresh horseradish. That's supposed to help coughs. Ugh. I do have fresh ginger, though. It might be easier to take than horseradish.

It's been a good day. Very laid back and quiet at work. We had two staff with two very quiet clients, while everyone else was out and about, either on the job or otherwise occupied. So, there was a History Channel monsterquest marathon about Sasquatch on TV, and we all fell asleep. :lol:

Eating, I did real good. All MWL, and I didn't overeat at all. My appetite is decreased overall.

B: hot and sour soup over rice
L: ratatouille over rice; romaine lettuce 321 dressing
S: sweet potato
D: cabbage salad w/Raven's creamy hummus dressing. *slurp*; banana ice cream :D yum

that dressing will make a dandy topper for potatoes or rice, and I'm going to put it over a regular green salad tomorrow. I ended up making a coleslaw type dressing for the cabbage salad i made tonight. It was too oniony, and I'm beginning to grasp that fresh onion flavor is not my favorite. But, with the sweetness of the coleslaw dressing I should be able to use the salad over the next few days.

Time to do a cook-a-thon around here and get stocked up on good food so I don't have to think about it every day.
JUST DON'T EAT IT

by red squirrel

simple, humble food
by f00die

by Pamela, a FB user
bunsofaluminum

Postby kirstykay » Thu May 27, 2010 8:14 am

Glad to see you're doing well and that you were able to have a relaxing day at work when you weren't feeling all that great! Your food looks great! Keep up the great work!
"Remember, It's the food." ~Dr. McDougall

kirstykay

Postby raven » Thu May 27, 2010 8:29 am

Hi Heidi,
A cook-a-thon sounds fun! Do you like to listen to music while you cook? What kind?

I listen to an eclectic mix, with right now an emphasis on world music.
Raven
raven

PreviousNext

Return to My Daily Menus & Journals