Anna's Journal

Share your daily McDougall menus and/or keep a journal describing your personal progress.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: Anna's Journal

Postby VegSeekingFit » Fri Oct 14, 2022 7:10 am

Hi Anna, :) :-D

Hope that you are enjoying the week!!! I am hoping to head to the woods soon too!!!

Best,
Stephanie
"Just put one foot in front of the other and don't worry about the length of the path.
Once you get on that path, and the longer you stay on it, there eventually will come a time when you will not turn back." - Martina Navratilova
VegSeekingFit

Postby Anna Green » Fri Oct 14, 2022 8:13 am

Trying to show a pic above to give you a clue where I walked. Hopefully it works.

I am so pleased with this cooler weather. Gets to 80s in afternoon but mornings are cool. Yesterday Anna and I shopped at the Hong Kong Market and then picked up Vietnamese poboys and smoothies. Mine was veggie with no oil or sauce. It was delish. My smoothie was durian with soy milk. Not exactly mwl :) but this is how I do it these days when I have a treat. No french fries. No seafood poboys or gumbo. Just occasional richer food but no animal or oil. I find it isn't hard to get back to whole veggies and starches. It feels peaceful. The brain isn't alight with desire for the stuff that will raise my pressure and keep me crazy.

Made a huge salad yester day to last me a few days. Still have lots of butter beans and veggies. Gonna cook my gai lan and eggplant I picked up cheap yesterday and eat with a grain or such this week. Also found about 5 lbs of these little bananas (not sure what kind) on the $1 table. They are funky looking on the outside but not rotten at all. So those will be eaten as they get a little riper. Got some cheap Kabocha squash too. Love this stuff. Maybe roasted and used for soup and creamy dressings. ooh...or mashed with potatoes and garlic and the green onion I have growing from replanting the roots from ones I bought.. I'll see.

Anna Green

Postby Anna Green » Fri Oct 14, 2022 8:17 am

ok I thought I did what Jeff said but clearly it didn't work. Anyone have suggestion?
Anna Green

Postby JeffN » Fri Oct 14, 2022 8:40 am

the link is missing a code which I fixed. It looked like this https://imgur.com/pE2Lmao. which I changed to this
https://imgur.com/pE2Lmao.jpeg

Let me know if that is the right picture and what you wanted. if not, PM me or post a link to the page where the picture is located

Jeff
JeffN

Postby Anna Green » Fri Oct 14, 2022 10:07 am

Jeff, thanks so much! I know an alligator isn't about the McDougall eating but for me it kind of is. Every time I walk or hike I feel how I am eating. So if I'm eating well the joints don't hurt. It's very motivating to stay the course!
Anna Green

Postby squealcat » Sun Oct 16, 2022 6:27 pm

Anna, I put information about the bean club on my journal page. FYI

-Marilyn (squealcat )
squealcat

Postby VegSeekingFit » Mon Oct 17, 2022 12:00 pm

Hi Anna! :cool: :-D

OMG --- are you saying that you are walking where there are alligators? (as pictured)... :eek: :shock:

Hope that you are having a great week!!! (and steer clear of the gators!!!!)

Cheers,
Stephanie
"Just put one foot in front of the other and don't worry about the length of the path.
Once you get on that path, and the longer you stay on it, there eventually will come a time when you will not turn back." - Martina Navratilova
VegSeekingFit

Postby Anna Green » Mon Oct 17, 2022 2:45 pm

Marilyn, thanks!

Stephanie, We were on a raised walkway. If he wanted to could he have climbed up? Yah. He seemed very disinterested. Some reasons why I go though these do not do it justice.

[img]https://i.imgur.com/EZaSE0g.jpg[/img

Feeling good. Eatin good. My girl made me some legal burrito fixins for my Ezekial wraps. :)
Anna Green

Postby bunsofaluminum » Wed Oct 19, 2022 11:52 am

ooof Durian. I had cookies with Durian creme. They did taste better than they smelled, but when I burped afterwards, it tasted like literal garbage. I won't go back ;)

looks like a fun walk, alligator aside. I'm gonna guess you're walking somewhere in Louisiana! ha! good job, getting rid of the etouffee and the jambalayas. But there's gotta be versions of those foods without animal protein or added fats. But keeping it simple is going to be the way to get back on track for SURE.
JUST DON'T EAT IT

I heart my endothelial lining
by red squirrel

simple, humble food
by f00die

The rest is an industry looking to make a buck off my poor health
by Pamela, a FB user
bunsofaluminum

Postby VegSeekingFit » Tue Oct 25, 2022 6:39 pm

Hi Anna!! :) :cool: :D

Love your plant / flowers pics!!! OMG, looks like an awesome walk!!! Glad you are feeling ok with the gators... We have none around these parts and they would scare the heck out of me!!! You have awesome attitude!!!

Hope that you are having a wonderful week!!!

Cheers,
Stephanie
VegSeekingFit

Postby Anna Green » Wed Nov 02, 2022 7:40 pm

Buns and Stephanie, sure wish we lived near. I would be so much fun! I'm not a great cook but I'd still like to cook for you.

I'm doing ok...been a little off kilter...those damn pumpkin seeds in the shell. I eat them like sunflower seeds cracking them with my teeth. But it's too much. Too much fat, too much salt. And beer to wash them down...yah. Otherwise I'm good. About to camp for a week or so and the seeds are not invited. Nor is the beer :) And I won't miss them. One reason I love to camp and hike is it would feel like a sacrilege to bring crap. I feel my body in a way I don't in everyday life when I am trying to get up the hill or sleep well in my tent. I feel connected to everything around me...trees, bugs, animals...all of which seek the things that are good for them. I can't explain it but it would seem ridiculous almost to eat french fries while I'm breathing in the beauty and wanting to hike for miles. And I always always say to myself...girl you could have done so much more if you just took better care of yourself.

I saw these articles about forest bathing and how it helps prevent cancer. Don't know if the research is solid but apparently they compared those who go for walks in the city with the forest walkers and the city walkers didn't get the same benefit. I believe it. I have felt healed by the woods for years. If I get cancer it won't be the fault of the trees...they are doing their best by me. I think one of the reasons I chose not to try to go back to the agency I was working for is that I was angry about how experiences I had increased my fear in the woods right along with the fear I was having elsewhere. I didn't stop going though. I have pushed myself to go back to the woods and deal with it because I'm not giving that up. And I need to go to be reminded of why I persist in this way of eating. You would think the mirror would do that for me or being tired or feeling unhealthy but nothing does it for me like those woods. I find myself again and again. Thank goodness or I would probably 500 lbs eatin shrimp poboys and crawfish on the porch everyday. That's all I got.
Anna Green

Postby VegSeekingFit » Sun Nov 06, 2022 5:55 pm

Hi Anna!! :) :-D

Hope that you have an amazing time camping!!!

If we lived near, would 100% love to cook for each other (and Buns too!!!)... that is an amazing thought!!! :mrgreen:

Love the woods too. Up here in the midwest, we go up to northern WI and the MI UP fairly regularly to get real woods... Appreciate your references to this vs. city walking!!! And, you go girl!!! Love how you take things on head on --- Take care and hope you have an awesome day.

Best,
Stephanie
VegSeekingFit

Postby bunsofaluminum » Tue Nov 08, 2022 2:28 pm

forest bathing...sounds absolutely amazing. Once my knees are back on my feet :lol: I plan on getting to the little river walkway area in my neighborhood. Some of it is groomed, but there's extensive grounds that are left rough and foresty. A little pond where ducks bring forth the next generation, and there's even deer that are quite tame. Forest bathing is definitely doable for me. :)
JUST DON'T EAT IT

by red squirrel

simple, humble food
by f00die

by Pamela, a FB user
bunsofaluminum

Postby Anna Green » Sun Dec 04, 2022 6:59 pm

Yes, the forest bathing was wonderful. Wish it had been longer so I''m going to go back. Have had the covid but am almost back to myself. it was full of drama. passed out because my bp went too low...etc. All good now though. I thought about my journal because I am feeling so grateful for my food. I have been loving my food. I made some mashed potatoes and threw in kale. So good. Then took the left overs and made mashed potato fries. What's not to love? And kabocha squash and lentil stew. wowee! It's wonderful not swiming in the pleasure trap. Or rather to be swiming in pleasure that does my body good. :)
Anna Green

Postby bunsofaluminum » Mon Dec 05, 2022 12:18 pm

Anna Green wrote:Yes, the forest bathing was wonderful. Wish it had been longer so I''m going to go back. Have had the covid but am almost back to myself. it was full of drama. passed out because my bp went too low...etc. All good now though. I thought about my journal because I am feeling so grateful for my food. I have been loving my food. I made some mashed potatoes and threw in kale. So good. Then took the left overs and made mashed potato fries. What's not to love? And kabocha squash and lentil stew. wowee! It's wonderful not swiming in the pleasure trap. Or rather to be swiming in pleasure that does my body good. :)

We have a river walkway at the foot of our street and before I hurt my knee, I was down there two or three mornings a week...walking every morning, going to Wasatch Hollow ;) two or three times a week. It's almost forest bathing. A mild river trickling through, lots of Box Elder trees, scrub oak, and a few other varieties, and the suburb just fades back as you go in. The one area they don't allow dog walkers, so such wildlife as ducks and their droplets, and even deer inhabit the area. It's SOOOO nice.

Going there as a practice. soon.
JUST DON'T EAT IT

by red squirrel

simple, humble food
by f00die

by Pamela, a FB user
bunsofaluminum

PreviousNext

Return to My Daily Menus & Journals