Saturday 10/28 Weigh-in

Share your daily McDougall menus and/or keep a journal describing your personal progress.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Saturday 10/28 Weigh-in

Postby Mrs. Doodlepunk » Sat Oct 28, 2006 9:38 am

Hope this is OK to do a new weigh-in thread every Saturday?

190/179/135

I think I'm down like 4 pounds in one week. Maybe just three. Anyway, I'm happy! :-D
It IS the food! :unibrow:
(... do these earrings make my butt look big?)
Mrs. Doodlepunk

Saturday weigh-in

Postby KareninTN » Sat Oct 28, 2006 9:51 am

235/141.8/125

I'm down .7 this week; anything down is good! :P About halfway through my weight loss, I bought myself a scale that measures in tenths of pounds because I got so discouraged not seeing numbers move. It may not always be dramatic now, but at least they move.

karenturtle
KareninTN

Postby Sunny » Sat Oct 28, 2006 9:53 am

It's perfect :-D I like that the date is included :-D

222/209/125

I am down 2lbs. this week, I'm going back to eating Rich R.'s soup, that really helped me lose pounds fast. :-)
All the Best,
Sunny
MWL 99.9% 12 Day .1 % Always McDougall
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sunny

Postby Della Street » Sat Oct 28, 2006 10:09 am

Even though I know I've lost weight this week (can feel it in my clothes), the numbers I'm posting today are the same as last Saturday.

194/142/115

Reason being, I am tracking my weight at my weigh-ins at Weight Watchers and I don't have my next weigh in until Tuesday. So next Saturday I will be able to post my new results on this board.

I am going to Weight Watchers because my husband asked me to go with him. He feels he can do better when he has to be accountable to someone as far as weight is concerned. And frankly, same goes for me. Since WW, I have dropped 14 lbs and feel a lot better.

We do NOT follow WWs dietary advice but we do have fun and enjoy the social aspect. The McDougall plan is the only way to go - no question.
It's a shame we have to bite our tongues when they discuss "nutrition" in those classes - protein, protein, protein. We know we can't say anything because people don't want to hear it and we would certainly be unwelcome in no time.

The other thing that is sad is when they bring in empty packages of some new processed "food" that someone has discovered and wants to share with the class. Out come the points calculators as they try and figure out how much of this junk or that junk they can have. My goal is to rid myself entirely of anything processed and just eat whole fruits, veggies, grains and beans.

Anyway, I feel more optimistic than ever about reaching my goal of 115 lbs, especially since trying Mary's Mini Diet on and off.
Della Street
http://cotton-picker.blogspot.com
http://cottonpickercooking.blogspot.com
Della Street

Postby Porcelain Interior » Sat Oct 28, 2006 10:57 am

I am up a pound I think.

136/124/110

Yesterday was my birthday and my best friend brought Mexican food for us, it was vegan, but alas there was oil in it. So I will be exercising double today. :-D
Porcelain Interior

About Weight Watchers

Postby KareninTN » Sat Oct 28, 2006 1:55 pm

A year ago or so, I went to Weight Watchers (I'm a lifetime member) for a period of about 6 weeks, thinking I'd use it for support, like you said, Della. The day I walked away for good, it was because the leader brought in celebration goodies - cupcakes made from boxed cake mix and diet soda; only 1 point each! YUCK! I refused her offering, looked at her like she was from another planet, and decided I needed to find support elsewhere. Your post brought back that memory.

karenturtle
KareninTN

Postby PattyC » Sat Oct 28, 2006 1:55 pm

Well, I was down 1.5 pounds and then came Friday - I went to two events and finally succumbed to the sugar. I'm bummed. Sugar is my biggest addiction. I do much better at home when it's not around but if I go out and it's everywhere, it's tough for me. I'm relatively sure that it will be back down tomorrow - for me, sugar just hangs on to every drop of fluid in my body and always shoots the scale up.

But, I'm back on track today and feeling a little optimistic for a change!

268/237.5/155
Pat

PattyC

Re: About Weight Watchers

Postby Mrs. Doodlepunk » Sat Oct 28, 2006 4:18 pm

KareninTN wrote:The day I walked away for good, it was because the leader brought in celebration goodies - cupcakes made from boxed cake mix and diet soda; only 1 point each! YUCK!

Those WW leaders have nothing to lose and everything to gain if people don't lose weight very fast.

I went to WW a couple of times, when I had 15 pounds to lose. I sat near the back on my second visit and was listening to the comments made by those near me as awards were being handed out to women who had met their goals. One young woman had lost 15 pounds and was at her goal, and made a little speach about how she felt so much better about herself now that she had lost all of her weight. The women near me were making comments to each other about how they'd be happy too if all they had to lose was 15 pounds, and how stupid it was go give an award to a person who was never really overweight in the first place. I never went back.
Mrs. Doodlepunk

Postby Della Street » Sat Oct 28, 2006 6:34 pm

What astounds me is how huge people have become and how being 30 lbs overweight is now considered normal. Many of the women in my WW group have 100 or more lbs to lose. I've seen a couple of women reach their goal, but to me they look like they could stand to lose another 25 - 30 lbs.
Della Street
http://cotton-picker.blogspot.com
http://cottonpickercooking.blogspot.com
Della Street

Postby Mrs. Doodlepunk » Sat Oct 28, 2006 7:57 pm

Della, I think it is great you are going to the meetings to support your husband. I hope it goes well for both of you! My mother and aunt attended WW for many years, back in the 70's and they enjoyed the support there.

I posted on another thread here about watching some old home movies from many years ago, I think it was just after WWII. The people on the film were all so skinny, it seemed weird to most of us, and someone commented on how emaciated the people looked. I said that they were normal, and WE are fat! We just don't realize how fat we are!

Every where I go these days I am noticing how much bigger people are, especially young people. It is really sad because I know they are headed for a lifetime of ill health, and also that our whole society is going to pay the price in more ways than with just money.
Mrs. Doodlepunk

Oops...

Postby veganruthie » Sat Oct 28, 2006 9:51 pm

Ummmm... my last week of working full time... I kind of um... messed up!! Besides making vegan strawberry cupcakes with tons of sugary strawberry icing on top yesterday, I pretty much ate lousy all week. I'm up 2 lbs, oh well. I woke up horribly depressed and am hoping I learned my lesson.

161.5/163.5/140
~ Live simply so that others may simply live. ~
veganruthie

Postby prairiedream » Sun Oct 29, 2006 8:44 am

Darn it! I missed the Saturday weigh-in! Okay, I'm one day late. I don't really need to lose anything but I find myself overeating a lot, especially now that the weather has changed, and it helps me stay on track.

168/123/122
prairiedream

Postby Sunny » Sun Oct 29, 2006 10:38 am

Last edited by Sunny on Sun Oct 29, 2006 2:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
All the Best,
Sunny
Sunny

Postby Sunny » Sun Oct 29, 2006 10:42 am

:o
Last edited by Sunny on Sun Oct 29, 2006 2:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
All the Best,
Sunny
Sunny

Good news for me

Postby PattyC » Sun Oct 29, 2006 10:48 am

I had confessed yesterday that I had blown my program with a sugar feast on Friday at two different social events and was up 1.5 pounds.

Saturday I was back on track and this morning I had lost that 1.5 back again plus another 1/2 pound so that's 2 pounds for me this week!!

Praise God!!!
Pat

PattyC

Next

Return to My Daily Menus & Journals