Weighing in

Share your daily McDougall menus and/or keep a journal describing your personal progress.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Weighing in

Postby Restless Brain » Thu Oct 19, 2006 6:39 pm

Hi All,

Just found out that this might be the place to do this, so here goes. I just signed on yesterday and made the decision to McDougall my way to health!

I weighed myself Tuesday; a whopping 263.5 pounds, although I started this year at 278. :eek:

I'd love to hear from others on their journey to a healthier lifestyle the McDougall way! :)

I'll post my weight again next Tuesday. Anybody want to join me? :?:
Peace to all,
RB
Restless Brain

I'm in ...

Postby Sunny » Thu Oct 19, 2006 6:47 pm

I weighed myself this morning I was 213 lbs. I have lost 9lbs. in the last
10 days. I give some credit to Rich Richardson's potato/cabbage soup. It is very filling and full of good stuff. :-D
Sunny

Postby Restless Brain » Thu Oct 19, 2006 6:49 pm

Is the recipe available? I love cabbage!
Peace to all,
RB
Restless Brain

Go to the old board and then recipes ....

Postby Sunny » Thu Oct 19, 2006 6:57 pm

Doris posted it on 10-10. :-D
Sunny

To Sunny

Postby Restless Brain » Thu Oct 19, 2006 6:58 pm

By the way, congratulations on your weight loss! :thumbsup:
Peace to all,
RB
Restless Brain

How about a set weigh in day?

Postby Gramma Jackie » Thu Oct 19, 2006 7:01 pm

What do you all think of setting one day a week as weigh in?

My suggestion would be either Sunday or Monday.

oops! I just noticed you said Tuesday. Sorry about that. Tuesday would be fine also.
Last edited by Gramma Jackie on Thu Oct 19, 2006 7:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gramma Jackie

Re: Weighing in

Postby Gramma Jackie » Thu Oct 19, 2006 7:06 pm

Restless Brain wrote:Hi All,

Just found out that this might be the place to do this, so here goes. I just signed on yesterday and made the decision to McDougall my way to health!

I weighed myself Tuesday; a whopping 263.5 pounds, although I started this year at 278. :eek:

I'd love to hear from others on their journey to a healthier lifestyle the McDougall way! :)

I'll post my weight again next Tuesday. Anybody want to join me? :?:

Yes I am struggling with my weight also. I grew up skinny as a string bean. I was 5 ft. 10 inches tall and weighed 125 lbs. I gained about 10 lbs. in college and weighed 135 on my wedding day. I consider that my ideal weight. However after I began having children (I had 4) I started to gain weight. Then I developed a slow thyroid. After menopause my weight skyrocketed and I now weight 255. I not only look terrible, but I feel terrible too. I have been playing around with the McDougall Plan but haven't gotten serious yet. I need a lot of tips and advice as well as encouragment.
Last edited by Gramma Jackie on Thu Oct 19, 2006 7:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gramma Jackie

Thanx RB...

Postby Sunny » Thu Oct 19, 2006 7:06 pm

Right back at ya .... :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Sunny

Postby Sunny » Thu Oct 19, 2006 7:15 pm

We can all support each other, that is what this board is about. I think it really helps us help ourselves.
Sunny

Postby Jackie J » Thu Oct 19, 2006 7:47 pm

I weighed myself Tuesday and I was 163.5 - up 3 pounds since I've been working 2 jobs. They both end Sunday so hopefully, by next Tuesday, when I've had a chance to really work out on Sunday and Monday, I'll have lost the weight I gained and can get down another 15 pounds or so by Christmas.
Jackie J

Hi Debbie...

Postby Sunny » Thu Oct 19, 2006 10:45 pm

It is hard to get motivated to move, I try to exercise the same time everyday, usually after I pick my daughter up from school. I am not too tired and it makes me feel better when I am done. :-)
Sunny

The key is planning

Postby KristaO » Fri Oct 20, 2006 1:35 am

The last few weeks I've been busy and haven't felt too well. So I just didn't plan meals or snacks, strayed a bit, and therefore just maintained. I'm making the commitment to really PLAN meals and snacks (and take snacks when running errands) so next week I will have no excuses!!!! 8)
KristaO

Postby Restless Brain » Fri Oct 20, 2006 4:11 am

I'm all for changing the day to weigh in; whatever we can all agree to is fine with me. I used to post at a site years ago, which did the numbers like this: highest wt/current wt/goal wt, so mine currently would be 278/263.5/140. I NEVER got support on that website. I'm happily surprised at how many responses I've gotten already to my initial post here. Thanks fellow McDougallers!! :D
Peace to all,
RB
Restless Brain

weigh in date ?

Postby Sunny » Fri Oct 20, 2006 5:40 am

Me too, what ever date is fine by me.
Sunny

Postby Gramma Jackie » Fri Oct 20, 2006 6:46 am

Restless Brain wrote:I'm all for changing the day to weigh in; whatever we can all agree to is fine with me. I used to post at a site years ago, which did the numbers like this: highest wt/current wt/goal wt, so mine currently would be 278/263.5/140. I NEVER got support on that website. I'm happily surprised at how many responses I've gotten already to my initial post here. Thanks fellow McDougallers!! :D

That sounds like a low carb website I used to be on.
Gramma Jackie

Next

Return to My Daily Menus & Journals