Graciezoe's journal

Share your daily McDougall menus and/or keep a journal describing your personal progress.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: Graciezoe's journal

Postby graciezoe » Sat Jan 31, 2015 2:19 pm

So cold today, topping at 14 degrees...not counting the wind chill. I decided NOT to do what I planned on and instead stayed in my nice warm house. My boss called the office yesterday from a meeting in Maui, saying she was missing our weather, I'll trade :-D
B oatmeal, unsweetened applesauce, blueberries
L potato enchiladas, kale salad
D white bean stew with herbed pancake.

Sunday's I go to Trader Joes and Whole Foods in the morning and then prep my lunches for the work week. People say that eating healthy is expensive but I spend much less than when I shopped at Big Y buying for my SAD diet, and boy was it a sad diet.
I watched some you tube this morning and think I might try the bean burrito recipe I watched from Dr mcdougall.
A HCLF Vegan.
Cardio Goal: 650 minutes a week on treadclimber and Bowflex Max 5 plus, weekend hikes.

Starting weight on 3/2014 was 304 lbs
Weight as of 4/2016 is 114 lbs
graciezoe

Postby sksamboots » Sat Jan 31, 2015 10:02 pm

Food is looking good. Keep on keepin on ! :nod:
sksamboots

Postby graciezoe » Sun Feb 01, 2015 9:16 am

Another snow storm coming in tonight, with 12 to 14 inches of snow. My eyes are already hurting from all the white, blinding snow.
I went for a walk today on the trails by my house, only did about 45 to 60 minutes. It is a lot warmer today than yesterday, a balmy 25 degrees :shock:
B 2 oatmeal pancakes with warm blueberries over them.
L I used my crock pot last night and made the beans that Mary Mcdougall made on you tube. I'm having them today for lunch made into burrito with, lettuce, tomatoes and salsa.
D Couscous with peas, carrots and red wine vinegar. Side kale salad.
A friend called me yesterday wanting to go the movies but I told I really wanted to stay in my warm house. She told me she lost 2 lbs this week and was able to fit into her size 16 jeans. She follows WW points and has had success 4 times and gains the weight back each time. I'm happy she's losing but wish she was healthier. She is on meds for diabetes, high cholesterol, high blood pressure, and a host of other things. When we go out to eat she laughs at the "crazy" foods I eat, while she eats bacon because WW is about eating anything in moderation, as long as you have the points.
A HCLF Vegan.
Cardio Goal: 650 minutes a week on treadclimber and Bowflex Max 5 plus, weekend hikes.

graciezoe

Postby sksamboots » Sun Feb 01, 2015 5:58 pm

You are brave walking in that cold! Keep on keepin on :nod:
sksamboots

Postby graciezoe » Mon Feb 02, 2015 4:20 am

Woke up to...you guessed it, snow. So far only a couple of inches but since it suppose to keep snowing until tonight with burst of 3 inches an hour I'm expecting alot of snow in the end.
After I type this I'm going to do 90 minutes on my treadclimber, take a shower and head to work early.
B oatmeal, blueberries, bananas
S apple
L leftovers of mary's beans over baked potato
D black bean soup, spinach and mixed greens salad

I got on the scale this morning, down exactly 2 pounds!
My goal is 140 to 150 lbs but my doctor thinks I'm good where I am. I'm only 5' 6" but because I started out at 304 pounds and have a lot of loose skin, she thinks 150 to 160 should be my goal. Does anyone have issues with a large amount of weight loss and loose skin?

Well I'm off to start my morning...
A HCLF Vegan.

graciezoe

Postby sksamboots » Mon Feb 02, 2015 9:44 pm

Wow! What time do you wake up? Do you always exercise before work? I know a few have experience with skin on here so you may want to do a search in the search bar. I've heard that some people take up weight lifting after all the weight is off to tone it up and that make take a year or two depending on elasticity but it's soooo different for everyone from what I have read it all depends on a variety of factors. Here's to another awesome day! :nod:
sksamboots

Postby graciezoe » Tue Feb 03, 2015 3:38 am

I'm sorry I've been so negative the last couple of days. I'm getting so sick of shoveling snow. In a normal winter we get 46" but in the last nine days we have had over 45" of snow. Yesterday snow brought 16 inches, the forecast for the week is snow everyday except today, Tuesday. I haven't been able to go out for a long hike and that's making me feel down.
But I started this new life journey to get healthy NOT to get to a certain weight so I need to stop thinking/obsessing about the scale. There is no end to this lifestyle!
I'm up early so I can get my jeep out of the snow and get to work on time, I think I'm going to have to skip the treadclimber this morning :cry:
B oatmeal, blueberries, bananas, Chia seeds
S apple
L roasted potatoes with asparagus, sweet potato/bean burger
D lentil veggie soup, spinach salad
I'm going to make paper bag popcorn tor a snack tonight, no oil, sprinkle with nutritional yeast.
I hope this weather pattern changes soon or :twisted: :crybaby:
A HCLF Vegan.

graciezoe

Postby sksamboots » Tue Feb 03, 2015 8:20 pm

So sorry about the snow. I hate snow myself--that's why I live in California :nod: :nod: It's good exercise though. I think if you skip the stepclimber then you are still getting a good burn! :nod:
sksamboots

Postby graciezoe » Wed Feb 04, 2015 5:21 am

Thanks boots, you're right about the shoveling being a good workout :-D
I did end up using the treadclimber.
S apple
L baked potato, homemade two bean chili
D mixed green salad, hummus, spinach, carrot corn tortilla wrap
Our IT person came into the office today, she congratulated me i'm my weight loss. She asked me how I did it, she said that is complete opposite of how she is dieting. She is following the Whole30. She was saying her way is better for prediabetes...iI don't think so.
A HCLF Vegan.

graciezoe

Postby GlennR » Wed Feb 04, 2015 6:27 am

Our IT person came into the office today, she congratulated me i'm my weight loss. She asked me how I did it, she said that is complete opposite of how she is dieting. She is following the Whole30. She was saying her way is better for prediabetes...iI don't think so

I suppose you'll know in a few months who gets the best results, then it might become clear to her as well. If not you can at least know you're doing good things for yourself.
Glenn
GlennR

Postby graciezoe » Thu Feb 05, 2015 5:07 am

So true GlennR, she comes to the office every month so time will prove we are right :lol:
95 minutes on treadclimber
My doctor retired and I'm trying to find a new one. The place I want to go, naturopathic, my insurance company says is out of pocket. The other doctor I found is fine my insurance company but... my friend goes to this doctor and the dr. seems like a prescription pusher.
S apple
L quinoa salad with veggies
D sweet potatoes and carrots made tzimmes style
A HCLF Vegan.

graciezoe

Postby graciezoe » Fri Feb 06, 2015 5:35 am

Cold this morning, below 0 not even counting the wind chill.
L bean burrito, mixed green salad
D potatoes with asparagus, the rest to be decided.
A HCLF Vegan.

graciezoe

Postby sksamboots » Fri Feb 06, 2015 1:45 pm

Keep it up! :nod:
sksamboots

Postby graciezoe » Sat Feb 07, 2015 5:02 am

I ended the week with 525 minutes of activity :thumbsup:
B oatmeal, blueberries, bananas ,Chia seeds
L sweet potato enchiladas, kale salad
D brown rice, peas, corn, carrots and lentil soup
S organic popcorn made in paperback with no oil
I usually drink 9 to 12 glasses of water a day during the work week but only 5 or 6 a day on the weekends, I need to work on that. I drink 20 oz of green or white tea and then switch to rooibos teas the rest if the day. My tea consumption is the same most days, work or weekend. I'm not sure what the stance is for tea drinking in wfpb but I can't give it up :D
I usually eat until I'mcomfortably full, as is one of the principles of calorie density but I've told that I should only until satisfied NOT full...what the heck is the difference?
It's suppose to snow for the next three days, according to the weather people any where from 5 to 14 inches. Some of the local weather people are saying 5 and some 14, I don't get how there can be such a difference of forecast predictions??? Time will tell. I have a couple of meetings on Monday so hoping for the lesser amount.
A HCLF Vegan.

graciezoe

Postby sksamboots » Sat Feb 07, 2015 9:51 pm

I'm trying to keep up with you and your exercise--amazing!! I don't know about being satisfied versus full. I know if I'm satisfied I'm going to be hungrier a lot earlier than if I'm full so then I may have to eat again. Let me know if you figure it out, lol :nod:
sksamboots

PreviousNext

Return to My Daily Menus & Journals