Graciezoe's journal

Share your daily McDougall menus and/or keep a journal describing your personal progress.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: Graciezoe's journal

Postby graciezoe » Sun Feb 08, 2015 6:39 am

Thanks boots, I appreciate your comments :D
Everyone at work says I'm disciplined with my diet and exercise, more so than they could be but I'm more a all or nothing kind of person. That helps me with eating healthy and never straying but sometimes is an issue with exercise in that I have a goal and nothing, weather, not feeling well, etc will stop me from getting to that goal. As I've said I've had a problem in the past with having a exercise obsession. As always, I'm a work in process.
I started this journey because of health but the more I read and watch the more I feel that I'm doing it for the animals and environment too!
B: oatmeal pancakes with warmed blueberries over them.
L: mixed greens salad, falafel wraps
D: black bean Chipotle slow cooked soup, piece if crusty bread
It's amazing how much my tastes have changed, I now love beans and before changing my diet I can't remember really ever eating beans. The one thing that i never liked and still can't stand are mushrooms. I know they are healthy and can be used so many different ways but no matter what variety I try, yuck. I'm going to stop trying to like them and just leave them off my menu.
Going outside to shovsl, it snowed last night. The major snow will be coming in tonight through Monday, around 10 inches.
A HCLF Vegan.
Cardio Goal: 650 minutes a week on treadclimber and Bowflex Max 5 plus, weekend hikes.

Starting weight on 3/2014 was 304 lbs
Weight as of 4/2016 is 114 lbs
graciezoe

Postby sksamboots » Sun Feb 08, 2015 5:52 pm

Burning calories with all that shoveling! I don't eat anything I don't like, just don't do it!! :nod:
sksamboots

Postby GlennR » Mon Feb 09, 2015 7:16 am

graciezoe wrote:... still can't stand are mushrooms. I know they are healthy and can be used so many different ways but no matter what variety I try, yuck. I'm going to stop trying to like them and just leave them off my menu. ...

It only takes a very small amount of mushrooms to get their benefits, like a mushroom a day. Perhaps you can puree one with a bit of broth and toss it in a soup, if you're making one, without noticing it, especially if you just use a bland species like the white button mushrooms.
Glenn
GlennR

Postby graciezoe » Tue Feb 10, 2015 11:39 am

GlennR, that's a good idea...maybe I'll try again, hmmm add to soup.
I'm all shoveled out from yesterdays storm, only about 8". One of the smaller storms we have gotten this last couple of weeks.
Breakfast: oatmeal, blueberries, bananas, chia seeds
Snack: apple
Lunch: kale salad, hummus wrap with tomatoes, spinach
Dinner: slow cooker potato pizza
110 minutes on treadclimber
Tonight I'm making some tailgate soup, from the PCRM site. Nothing better than soup on a cold day. I'm saving it for lunch on Thursday, as it is suppose to snow again then.
I just finished eating lunch and having some stomach pain. One of the reasons I changed my diet was because of a food allergy. I was getting hives and major stomach pain. I was tested by an allergist but nothing concrete. They worded as suspected numerous food allergies. Since starting I've had only 6 days of pain, I have to keep a food journal on paper, in comparison I was going 80-85% days in pain. I used a hummus from Whole Foods no added oils this afternoon, I'm suspected that might be the cause, I usually make my own.
A HCLF Vegan.
Cardio Goal: 650 minutes a week on treadclimber and Bowflex Max 5 plus, weekend hikes.

graciezoe

Postby sksamboots » Tue Feb 10, 2015 10:41 pm

Good day! :nod:
sksamboots

Postby graciezoe » Wed Feb 11, 2015 9:41 am

Morning all,
I did 105 minutes on treadclimber this morning, so cardio done for the day. :thumbsup:
Breakfast: oatmeal, blueberries, chia seeds, bananas
Snack: I had a heart thrive vegan oatmeal bar.
Lunch: Dr. McDougall Pea soup and a mixed green salad
Dinner: homemade veggie chili over baked potato
A business associate from Spain is visiting the office and I've been elected to take her out to dinner, once this week and once next week. I'm trying to think of a restaurant that I can take her to that will have good options for me :mrgreen:
We are also having a catered lunch on Friday, but since I called in the order I asked a lot of questions. We are having lunch from Rein's Deli, I asked what their boiled potato is boiled in, he said just plain water. So I'm getting 2 boiled potatoes and a veggie sandwich on rye, plain. I was told they bake their own bread with no oils, etc.
I find myself going back to read Starch Solution and 21 Day Weight Loss Kickstart for inspiration and motivation :nod: I also preordered the new book by Marco Borges 22 Day Plant based Plan.
A HCLF Vegan.

graciezoe

Postby graciezoe » Thu Feb 12, 2015 3:37 am

I'm going to jump on my treadclimber in a second so I thought I'd post first. I'm going to try for 100 minutes on treadclimber today.
B: oatmeal, blueberries, bananas, Chia seeds
S: apple
L: Tailgate soup, kale salad
D: potato casserole, new recipe I found I'll post how it taste tomorrow.
I made a seasoning mix so I could top my potatoes, rice, etc. I'm not sure if it's dr. Mcdougall compliant but I think it is.
2 tbsp chili powder
1 tbsp cumin
1 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
1/4 tsp dried oregano
1/2 tsp black pepper
a pinch of sea salt
I keep it in a shaker and use on everything, I like little spiciness to my food :nod:
A HCLF Vegan.

graciezoe

Postby sksamboots » Thu Feb 12, 2015 10:40 pm

Looks compliant to me. Keep it up! :nod:
sksamboots

Postby graciezoe » Fri Feb 13, 2015 8:10 am

Well, last night i didn't have my potato casserole, last minute work dinner at Japanese restaurant instead. I had the sweet potato roll and side of rice. My dinner was the cheapest at $6.00 vs $30.0+, and it looked better than the raw fish rolls everyone else got.
Everyone asked "you can't eat this?" I remember reading a good response on the happy herbivore website and replied "I CAN eat it , I choose NOT to."
85 minutes on treadclimber this morning for an end of week total cardio minutes of 535. :thumbsup:
B: oatmeal, bananas, blueberries, chia seeds
L: boiled potato, hummus vegetable sandwich from deli being catered.
D: tailgate tomato soup, kale salad
A HCLF Vegan.

graciezoe

Postby graciezoe » Sat Feb 14, 2015 7:56 am

Happy Saturday!!!
This morning I'm on my way to Trader Joes and Whole Foods. I usually shop Sunday morning but it suppose to start snowing this afternoon and last until tomorrow night. SICK OF THE SNOW!!! Well I got that out lol.
B: I'm not hungry this morning so I had a banana and some green tea.
L: black bean soup and huge spinach salad...yummiers.
D: made it this morning, butternut squash lasagna.
I read Dr. Mcdougall and Dr. Barnard books many years ago and tried eating plant based but never lasted more than a couple days. This time it seemed to click, I guess I was ready for it. I feel so much better, lighter, stronger...mentally and physically. I think I've said this before but it makes you want everyone to know and try to eat this way. I'm so thankful for drs mcdougall and Barnard. I read a post where someone said that if they knew this way of eating didn't add time to their life(paraphrase) they wouldn't continue to eat plant based. I would because every day I eat this way I feel so good!
A HCLF Vegan.

graciezoe

Postby graciezoe » Sun Feb 15, 2015 6:43 am

Happy snowy Sunday!
Stuck in the house today with Blizzard Faith. I'm reading My Beef With Meat, since I have a day inside. The book is really good, so far I really like the section about everything in moderation view is full of crap.
B: oatmeal pancakes with blueberries and bananas, side of potatoes with onions and peppers
L: lentil veggie soup, mixed green salad
D: corn tortilla with peppers, onions, eggplant. Brown rice and beans
I might jump on my treadclimber today for 30 minutes even though it's a rest day but...I'm bored.
A HCLF Vegan.

graciezoe

Postby sksamboots » Sun Feb 15, 2015 9:18 pm

Food looks good! :nod:
sksamboots

Postby graciezoe » Mon Feb 16, 2015 10:54 am

I'm so sick of the snow here in New England, that and the cold. The average temp is 39 degrees today's high 12 degrees, with wind chill below zero, the top temperature this week will be 17 degrees. And more snow tonight, tomorrow, Wednesday and Sunday!!!
B: oatmeal, blueberries, chia seeds, bananas
L: bean burrito, mixed green salad
D: roasted new potatoes with asparagus
110 minutes on treadclimber
A HCLF Vegan.

graciezoe

Postby sksamboots » Tue Feb 17, 2015 11:04 pm

Food looks great! :nod:
sksamboots

Postby Mike » Tue Feb 17, 2015 11:34 pm

Graciezoe, quite an inspiration to see your progress and exercise duration. And as for the snow... I love it and wish we had more of it. I've spent 25+ years in Sweden and Switzerland and seen year after year of "this is less snow than we used to have". This year, finally, I heard someone say instead "it's the first time in 15 years that we've had this much snow, I'm going cross-country skiing". But I think we don't have as much as you in the eastern US.
Mike

Start: 13 Dec 2014, 126.9 kg
Target: XX XXX 2015/6, 73.1 kg (BMI = 21.75)
Current: 104.8 kg
Mike

PreviousNext

Return to My Daily Menus & Journals