Graciezoe's journal

Share your daily McDougall menus and/or keep a journal describing your personal progress.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: Graciezoe's journal

Postby GlennR » Wed Feb 18, 2015 6:13 am

I'm siding with Graciezoe on the snow and cold issue, I'm sick of it. It looks like we're setting records for cold in February here in the Toronto area in Canada.
Glenn
GlennR

Postby graciezoe » Thu Feb 19, 2015 9:38 am

Thanks Boots.
Mike, usually winter is one of my favorite seasons..but this year has been brutal.
GlennR, same with us, we are breaking 100 year temperature records.
I can't wait until my co-worker from Spain leaves on Saturday. I've had to take her out the 3 times in the last two weeks and it's messing with my stomach. I took her to a fresh food Mexican restaurant last night, got a vegetable stir fry asked for as little oil as possible but even less is more than I'm use to now.
B: oatmeal, blueberries, banana
L: McDougall Vegan Ramen Soup
D: mixed green salad, sweet potatoes

105 minutes on treadclimber
Green tea, rooibos tea and water throughout the day.
A HCLF Vegan.
Cardio Goal: 650 minutes a week on treadclimber and Bowflex Max 5 plus, weekend hikes.

Starting weight on 3/2014 was 304 lbs
Weight as of 4/2016 is 114 lbs
graciezoe

Postby sksamboots » Thu Feb 19, 2015 11:12 am

Food looks good! Have you thought about taking your own food to a restaurant? The last time I went to a mexican restaurant I asked for a salad with black beans and then asked them for salsa so I could mix it all together. In those moments, just do the best you can! :nod:
sksamboots

Postby graciezoe » Sat Feb 21, 2015 1:02 pm

I think next time I go to a Mexican restaurant I'll follow boots' example and get a salad:)
More snow today 4 to 6 inches but ending as ice, so shoveling should be fun...not.
Menu:
B: steel cut oats, cinnamon
L: went to Whole Foods, got brown rice, corn, tomatoes, black beans, kidney beans, kale, mixed green and carrots.
D: engine 2 tortilla, with homemade marinara sauce, peppers, onions and spinach made pizza style
Work yesterday was stressful, because of all snow and below zero temperature we have snow dams on the building. Yesterday the carpet was soaked the just painted walls and ceiling have wet patches and are cracking. I called my boss and she flipped out.
A HCLF Vegan.
Cardio Goal: 650 minutes a week on treadclimber and Bowflex Max 5 plus, weekend hikes.

graciezoe

Postby graciezoe » Sat Feb 21, 2015 2:13 pm

I think next time I go to a Mexican restaurant I'll follow boots' example and get a salad:)
More snow today 4 to 6 inches but ending as ice, so shoveling should be fun...not.
Menu:
B: steel cut oats, cinnamon
L: went to Whole Foods, got brown rice, corn, tomatoes, black beans, kidney beans, kale, mixed green and carrots.
D: engine 2 tortilla, with homemade marinara sauce, peppers, onions and spinach made pizza style
Work yesterday was stressful, because of all snow and below zero temperature we have snow dams on the building. Yesterday the carpet was soaked the just painted walls and ceiling have wet patches and are cracking. I called my boss and she flipped out.
A HCLF Vegan.

graciezoe

Postby sksamboots » Sun Feb 22, 2015 4:16 pm

Food looks good! :nod:
sksamboots

Postby GlennR » Sun Feb 22, 2015 5:56 pm

graciezoe wrote:...More snow today 4 to 6 inches but ending as ice, so shoveling should be fun...not.
we have snow dams on the building. Yesterday the carpet was soaked the just painted walls and ceiling have wet patches and are cracking. I called my boss and she flipped out.

I'm ready for the cold and snow to go too. :)
Glenn
GlennR

Postby graciezoe » Mon Feb 23, 2015 4:25 pm

Sunny day, cold but sunny. It was nice not to have to worry about getting to work through the snow. Tonight the temp is suppose to drop to 10 below with an even colder wind chill. This morning I did 110 minutes on treadclimber.
MENU 2/23/15
B oatmeal, blueberries, bananas, Chia seeds
S: apple
L: mixed green sslad, bean tortilla
D: homemade 2 Bean chili
water, green tea, rooibos tea throughout the day
A HCLF Vegan.

graciezoe

Postby sksamboots » Mon Feb 23, 2015 10:06 pm

Nice day! :nod:
sksamboots

Postby graciezoe » Tue Feb 24, 2015 5:16 am

I had a bad weekend, foodwise. I ate plan foods but way too much, so much I felt sick and adding that I didn't drink any water, I felt very bloated. As I wrote in a earlier post, my boss flipped out at me over something that wasn't in my control. I've been able to control my binging tendencies for 10 months but this weekend I failed. I've thought about ways I can deal better when I get stressed, lately I've exercised but as Iverified said this weekend I just ate :twisted: I weighed myself Sunday morning and I had gained 2 lbs but I weighed in again this morning and I'm down 2 1/2 lbs so at least, it doesn't seem I'll have a gain this week. I'm looking at this as a learning experience.
MENU 2/24/15
B: oatmeal, blueberries, bananas, Chia seeds
L: homemade 2 Bean chili over a baked potato
D: roasted veggies, butternut squash lasagna
110 minutes treadclimber
water, green tea, rooibos tea throughout day.
A HCLF Vegan.

graciezoe

Postby sksamboots » Tue Feb 24, 2015 10:49 pm

You got right back on track! yay :nod:
sksamboots

Postby graciezoe » Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:40 am

A friend got me some soup from a company called Cobblestone Foods, they are vegan and gluten free. The ingredients are wild rice, carrots, celery, apple, quinoa, nutritional yeast, tumerac, garlic, paprika, thyme, red bell peppers, sea salt and garan masala...it looks really good and the ingredients look safe. I'll let you know what I think after I try it.

B: oatmeal, blueberries, bananas, chia seeds
L: brown rice, beans, corn on mixed greens
D: roasted fingerling potatoes, asparagus, green beans...my favorite meal!!!

105 minutes on treadclimber.
My boss is sending me to New Orleans in June for a meeting, I just purchased my airline ticket and hotel room. I'm going to be there for 7 days and already wondering how to manage my eating. :roll: I know, it's kind of early to think about that.
I weigh in tomorrow, hopefully I've lost weight
A HCLF Vegan.

graciezoe

Postby sksamboots » Thu Feb 26, 2015 12:53 pm

It's never too early to plan! Does the hotel have a refrigerator or can one be put in your room. I would call the hotel and inquire...Also, is there a microwave? How close are you to the closest Whole Foods? Look to see if there are Thai food restaurants where you can get steamed veggies and steamed rice oil free or veggie sushi. Oh, it's never too early!! :nod:
sksamboots

Postby graciezoe » Fri Feb 27, 2015 3:08 am

Thanks for suggestions boots, I will call the hotel and see about getting a fridge and microwave. It some 5 star hotel and my boss tells me it comes with a fridge stocked with snacks and drinks, so like I said I'll see if they can just give me an empty one.
I couldn't sleep last night and gave been up since 2:23, today is going to be a tough work day!!!
After my shower I'm going to weigh, I'll post my meals for the day then. Be back soon.
A HCLF Vegan.

graciezoe

Postby graciezoe » Fri Feb 27, 2015 4:10 am

I'm back lol
drum roll please, I lost 2.8 lbs this week!!!
100 minutes on treadclimber, week total minutes of 595. I'm going to cut back a little next week as each week I've been adding minutes.
Menu for 2/27/15
B: oatmeal, blueberries, bananas, Chia seeds
L: enchiladas recipe from engine 2
D: Tailgate soup recipe from PCRM and Kale salad
A HCLF Vegan.

graciezoe

PreviousNext

Return to My Daily Menus & Journals