Going for it

Share your daily McDougall menus and/or keep a journal describing your personal progress.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: Going for it

Postby Mike » Mon Jun 01, 2015 10:36 pm

You seem to be doing great! And although it's a trigger food, the sourdough bread sounds lovely. Just watched a Paul Hollywood episode on sourdough. Looked yummy!
Mike

Start: 13 Dec 2014, 126.9 kg
Target: XX XXX 2015/6, 73.1 kg (BMI = 21.75)
Current: 104.8 kg
Mike

Postby rhubarbtriangle » Thu Jun 04, 2015 1:06 pm

Just got to get this out of my system. :mad:
I had my bloods done, they never give the results over the phone so I had to make a dr's appointment. However, my doctor is going on holiday for 2 weeks so I had to book 3 weeks ahead. No problem.
Today I got a call from the surgery asking me to go in and see one of the other docs next week as he had seen the results and didn't want me to wait till my own doc is back.
I used to work in the NHS so I can tell you it's very rare to call in someone who has an appointment only 3 weeks away. :eek:
Now I'm going to worry all over the weekend. :\
“What I say is that, if a man really likes potatoes, he must be a pretty decent sort of fellow.”
― A.A. Milne

rhubarbtriangle

Postby rhubarbtriangle » Sat Jun 06, 2015 1:26 pm

Another week, totally compliant. :)
I wonder why my weight loss is still stalled?
Nowt else for it but keep on going. :roll:
“What I say is that, if a man really likes potatoes, he must be a pretty decent sort of fellow.”
― A.A. Milne

rhubarbtriangle

Postby WyldMoonWoman » Sat Jun 06, 2015 2:35 pm

Keep going forward...my weight goes up and down...sometimes a few pounds in a day...but you have lost 9 kg on your ticker...and that is amazing! Slow and steady. You can do this! I'm rooting for you! :D
All Love, All the Time
Lisa
WyldMoonWoman

Postby Greg63 » Sun Jun 07, 2015 11:49 pm

Keep going! Keep going!
Greg63

Postby rhubarbtriangle » Tue Jun 09, 2015 11:31 am

I've seen the doc and it's "panic over". :lol:
My iron and b12 levels are improved, despite taking b12 supplement only twice a week and no iron. :D
I was called in because my inflammatory markers had risen. This is due to a current attack of gout. Despite my good eating plan (100% compliant over 6 weeks and counting) the gout is very painful. Apparently, the process of weight loss is a common cause of flare-ups. :shock:
We have altered my meds to help me cope until it resolves, but it may take some time as I still have a lot of weight to lose.
Must say, I'm pleased about the iron and b12. Just the encouragement I need! :-D
― A.A. Milne

rhubarbtriangle

Postby sksamboots » Tue Jun 09, 2015 2:34 pm

Congrats!! :nod:
sksamboots

Postby rhubarbtriangle » Sun Jun 14, 2015 10:40 am

Another week totally compliant. Another week with no weight loss. :eek:
Disappointing. :crybaby:
Especially since last week I have been very carefully recording what I eat on cronometer and have kept under 1200 kcals per day.
Even on poor food I would have expected to lose weight at that level.
I will keep going.
Look out for next week's update. :)
― A.A. Milne

rhubarbtriangle

Postby lmggallagher » Sun Jun 14, 2015 12:03 pm

Hi RT:

I have hit long plateaus too - really long one's - and I just keep reminding myself it the really important thing is the over all improvement in health - not just weight-loss. I am sure you are doing this too - after all you have just finished "China Study"!

The other thing I had to let go of on this WOE was watching calories. Like you I was happy to see the Cronometer read out like 1200 calories a day - but actually I stall sometimes when the calories are lower like that. Now I stuff myself with all the potatoes I want and the weight - along with the exercise and good sleep - is coming off again :)

Best wishes to you - Michelle
lmggallagher

Postby rhubarbtriangle » Sun Jun 14, 2015 12:19 pm

Michelle - thanks for your encouraging words. :D
I didn't want to be measuring and counting my food. I hoped that eating only the right things, and avoiding the wrong things, would be enough. But since I stalled for a while I wanted to check.
You can see from my ticker that I have a lot to lose so was hoping not to stall so soon!
I'm not giving up.
Here's to another good week with a measurable result. ;)
― A.A. Milne

rhubarbtriangle

Postby Starch Chick » Sat Jun 20, 2015 8:52 am

Just keep sticking with it... You will see results soon. And not just weight loss. The big stuff, more energy, less frequent colds, etc...
.....Beth
"It's the food" - Dr McDougall
Starch Chick

Postby rhubarbtriangle » Sun Jun 21, 2015 2:00 am

FINALLY!
Weigh-in this morning shows I have lost 1kg. :D
I've managed another 100% compliant week despite eating out.
On Wednesday I went to a big Asian store in Bradford and got some veg I have not tried before.
Okra. I put some in a Cajun style gumbo (McD recipe) and it was good if not much taste. The gumbo was good,it was the actual okra that had not much taste but the texture did thicken the gumbo up.
I also oven-baked some but didn't like it much that way. :-(
I spent more than I meant to on spices and big BIG bag of chickpeas.
They had 44kg bags of basmati rice for £45. Despite eyeing them up, I did manage to resist. 44kg is almost 100lbs, as much as I like it, that would be overdoing it! :eek:
― A.A. Milne

rhubarbtriangle

Postby Starch Chick » Sun Jun 21, 2015 8:58 pm

Congrats on the loss!! :-D
.....Beth
"It's the food" - Dr McDougall
Starch Chick

Postby WyldMoonWoman » Mon Jun 22, 2015 12:22 pm

Yay for the weight loss! Slow and steady wins the race!

I've looked at those giant bags of rice in the Asian market, and decided not to buy them too. I can't imagine going through that much rice before it goes rancid.
All Love, All the Time
Lisa
WyldMoonWoman

Postby rhubarbtriangle » Sun Jun 28, 2015 1:19 pm

Pleased to report another good week. :D
The scale didn't move, but that's OK as I know it will in time.
I remembered to measure and discovered I have reduced 3 inches off my waist. More than I expected in 8 weeks. :-D
June has been an expensive month for me so I am economizing by sticking to potatoes and just a few 'whatever's on offer' veggies. Good for my bank account and good for my health!
― A.A. Milne

rhubarbtriangle

PreviousNext

Return to My Daily Menus & Journals