Starting my weight loss journey...again

Share your daily McDougall menus and/or keep a journal describing your personal progress.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Starting my weight loss journey...again

Postby colleenaprn » Wed Jan 08, 2020 9:30 am

My weight loss journal has been a long road. It started at about 10 years old when my mom put me on my first diet. I was a very tall child and I matured quicker than all of my friends. I remember this being so embarrassing when I was a foot taller and weighed 20 pounds more than everyone; even though my BMI was normal, I couldn’t see that and always felt fat. This started me down a rocky road of eating disorders and poor body image. In college I discovered bulimia. I was able to lose weight and maintain my weight by this unhealthy habit. This continued throughout my twenties until I met my husband and got married. As an RN, I knew this was an unhealthy habit and was able to stop. I still continued with overeating though. I was able to lose my pregnancy weight after my first two children by exercising and portion control but then became pregnant again and have not lost the weight since (that was 14 years ago :eek: ).
I started eating plant based 3 years ago because I turned 50 and realized I better clean up my health. I lost about 50 pounds in the first year but over the next 2 years have slowly regained about 30 pounds by eating vegan junk food and processed foods. I am re committing to eating whole unprocessed simple foods and avoiding the vegan junk food.
I do not have much support at home or work since my mother passed away last year (she was a huge Dr. MCDougall fan). My husband will eat what I cook but then will eat a lot of vegan junk food and will eat animal products when he eats out. My kids are not interested in eating plant based. My employees think I am crazy for not eating animals. I live in the south where eating meat and dairy is the standard.
I look forward to being a member of the maximum weight loss 2020 group for some moral support and to get to my ideal weight and fitness level once and for all :)
colleenaprn

Re: Starting my weight loss journey...again

Postby bunsofaluminum » Wed Jan 08, 2020 12:37 pm

Welcome! You've come to the right place.
JUST DON'T EAT IT

I heart my endothelial lining
by red squirrel

simple, humble food
by f00die

The rest is an industry looking to make a buck off my poor health
by Pamela, a FB user
bunsofaluminum

Return to My Daily Menus & Journals