Felix 's journal

Share your daily McDougall menus and/or keep a journal describing your personal progress.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Felix 's journal

Postby fnoki22 » Thu Feb 27, 2020 11:11 am

Hi there,

I'm starting my journal today.

Quick presentation:
I'm frenchman, and live Canada (BC). I'll be 50 yrs next may , and i would like to improve my general health and fitness.
I was diagnosed for a mild Sleep Apnea a year ago , and I sleep with a CPAP machine since.
The cause of my Sleep apnea is anatomical because even when I was very skinny , i suffered from sleep apnea symptoms.

I started following McDougall diet 5 years ago , had some great results when removing flour / salt , but felt off the wagon months ago, and regained weight.

Talk to you later,

Thanks
fnoki22

Re: Felix 's journal

Postby deweyswakms » Fri Feb 28, 2020 10:11 am

Hi Felix,
I have been eating plants for years and initially lost around 20 lbs. Last July I got fed up with dancing around 197, so I committed to MWL checklist, and to date have lost 15. It works. Journalling here really helps me maintain my focus and motivation. I have another 4-5 lbs I want to lose, and it's slow going now. But that's OK too because it helps me really change my eating behaviors.
Good luck.
start weight 210 on 7/25/14; MWL recommit 7/2019 weight 197. 6/11/2022 weight 165.0. Height 5'8".
deweyswakms

Postby fnoki22 » Fri Feb 28, 2020 10:37 am

Day 1 - was compliant with MWL except a glass of apple juice for a cheer my wife 's birthday

Food : Brown rice + green veggies ( brocolli + salads ) + 3 servings of fruits (bananas, grapes)

Fitness : 6000 steps
fnoki22

Postby fnoki22 » Fri Feb 28, 2020 10:39 am

deweyswakms wrote:Hi Felix,
I have been eating plants for years and initially lost around 20 lbs. Last July I got fed up with dancing around 197, so I committed to MWL checklist, and to date have lost 15. It works. Journalling here really helps me maintain my focus and motivation. I have another 4-5 lbs I want to lose, and it's slow going now. But that's OK too because it helps me really change my eating behaviors.
Good luck.

Thank you for your support and encouragement !
fnoki22

Postby bunsofaluminum » Tue Mar 03, 2020 1:59 pm

Hi Felix,

Welcome. Sounds like you have some experience with McDougalling. You're not the only one to falter and come back, and you know this works :nod: keep coming here for support and encouragement, and keep us posted on your progress.
JUST DON'T EAT IT

I heart my endothelial lining
by red squirrel

simple, humble food
by f00die

The rest is an industry looking to make a buck off my poor health
by Pamela, a FB user
bunsofaluminum

Postby fnoki22 » Tue Mar 03, 2020 2:08 pm

bunsofaluminum wrote:Hi Felix,

Welcome. Sounds like you have some experience with McDougalling. You're not the only one to falter and come back, and you know this works :nod: keep coming here for support and encouragement, and keep us posted on your progress.

Thank you for your kind works.
I also know the environment is very important to make things easier. This week-end it was not easy for me because of 2 birthday parties , i eat some breads , which are non compliant , and I know it.

But yesterday and today , only compliant foods, I am back on track. :-)
fnoki22

Return to My Daily Menus & Journals