Keeping myself accountable

Share your daily McDougall menus and/or keep a journal describing your personal progress.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: Keeping myself accountable

Postby goal140 » Wed May 06, 2020 2:13 pm

Good day,

It is a good day!

Breakfast: red and green cabbage and carrot with oatmeal, banana and blueberries

Lunch: McDougall hearty dal soup consisting of onions, garlic, chick peas, tomatoes, red lentils and potatoes (yum!) with 2 clementines.

Dinner: Chopped salad, with romaine, red leaf lettuce, swisschard, broccoli, apple,red bell pepper, sweet potato and a splash of balsamic vinegar.
goal140

Postby goal140 » Thu May 07, 2020 9:52 am

Good morning,

I went for a longer walk this morning, so I got an extra 1000 steps, totaling 8250 so far.

Breakfast: Broccoli and carrots, with oatmeal, 1TBSP ground flax, banana and blueberries.

Was running around, and missed lunch. Wasn’t really hungry anyway.

Dinner: Minestrone soup with a sweet potato

Got my 10,000 steps.
goal140

Postby goal140 » Fri May 08, 2020 9:02 am

Good morning,

My walk this morning took 8600 steps. I am hungry, so I will feed myself.

Breakfast: Broccoli, carrots and cabbage with oatmeal, banana and blueberries.

I lost 2.2 pounds this week and have hopefully broken through my 173 pound plateau.

Dinner: Chickpea curry on a bed of brown rice with sides of broccoli and cauliflower. Sooo good!
goal140

Postby goal140 » Sun May 10, 2020 7:20 pm

A bit chilly this morning for my 3 mile walk, but very invigorating.

Breakfast: Chopped salad consisting of kale, spinach, romaine, beet tops, red bell pepper, apple, onion, chickweed, parsley, cilantro and dill, with sweet potato as my starch.

Lunch: Broccoli, cauliflower and carrot with oat groats with banana and fresh picked strawberries.

Dinner: Chickpea curry with onion, tomatoes, cashew milk over brown rice.

For all you Mothers out there: Happy Mothers Day!
goal140

Postby goal140 » Mon May 11, 2020 4:46 pm

Good evening,

I did something different for exercise, I did some gentle yoga. I am so inflexible but I was able to do 3 of the 4 segments. I really need to work on flexibility!

Breakfast: Carrot, green cabbage and red cabbage with oat groats, and banana.

Dinner: 2 bowls of black bean soup, consisting of black beans, red onion, celery, sweet potato, mushrooms, tomatoes, collards, kale and brown rice.
goal140

Postby goal140 » Tue May 12, 2020 11:14 am

Good afternoon,
Beautiful sunny day but I didn’t go for my walk because my back is giving me issues.
So I stayed home and cooked. I cooked a multi grain hot cereal consisting of: whole oat groats, millet, barley, quinoa, rye and spelt. It took an hour to cook, but it has a good flavor.

Lunch: small baked potato with salsa and a small air fried sweet potato with carrot, green cabbage and red cabbage.

Dinner: Since I am out of cooked brown rice, I will substitute the multi grain cereal in its place. So for dinner I will have the hearty black bean soup with the multi grain cereal.
goal140

Postby goal140 » Thu May 14, 2020 10:18 am

Hi everyone,

My back is still having spasms so no exercise today. Besides, I have errands I have to run.

Breakfast: Broccoli, cauliflower and carrot.

Lunch: Rice, pinto beans, corn and tomatoes. Yum!
goal140

Postby squealcat » Thu May 14, 2020 3:17 pm

Your multi-grain cereal sounds good ! One of the things I am doing is trying different grains. This week I made steel cut oats and quinoa 50/50 blended and cooked in my intant pot. I have made oat groats and love them and also barley groats which is very good too!

Hope your back feels better soon. I have had back spasms in the past and it is terrible ! Made me feel like not doing anything to upset things. I ended up going to a chiropractor and then doing exercises to help and eventually losing enough weight to make a difference. I think that is why I go walking so much.....don't want it to come back. Anyway, hopefully it is getting better so YOU feel better !

-squealcat
squealcat

Postby goal140 » Thu May 14, 2020 6:30 pm

Hi everyone,

My back is still having spasms so no exercise today. Besides, I have errands I have to run.

Breakfast: Broccoli, cauliflower and carrot.

Lunch: Rice, pinto beans, corn and tomatoes. Yum!

Dinner: Salad consisting of various lettuces, kale and apple. Rice, pinto beans, corn, tomatoes, onions and peppers.
goal140

Postby goal140 » Thu May 14, 2020 6:37 pm

Thank you squealcat!

I am looking into chiropractors for my leg and back issues. Like you, I love my walks but the pain gets in the way. The multi-grain cereal is one of the meals that was served at one of the McDougall 10 day programs that I attended. I have really enjoyed trying different McDougall recipes! Most of them have been keepers!
goal140

Postby Ejeff » Fri May 15, 2020 8:54 am

Not sure if it’s your lower back or not. I just wanted to share that I have been having hip issues and I started doing these 4 exercises everyday and they seem to have really helped me. Here is the link if you want to try them:

https://www.spine-health.com/video/scia ... rome-video
"The more disciplined your environment is, the less disciplined you need to be. Don't swim upstream."
Ejeff

Postby goal140 » Fri May 15, 2020 3:52 pm

Thank you Jeff,
I will look into the video.

Lunch today was broccoli, cauliflower and carrot with a piece of bread and a banana.

Dinner was black bean soup consisting of black beans. ' onion, garlic, celery, mushrooms, tomatoes, bell pepper on a bed of oat groats and an apple.

My weight today at weigh in was 169.2 I am recording my weight here since sometimes I will post and it doesn’t end up where it should on the weight loss thread
goal140

Postby goal140 » Sun May 17, 2020 1:24 pm

Good afternoon,

I went for a 3 mile walk this morning, and it was warm, 68 degrees. Was I ever glad to get back home! I just do not handle the heat well as I get overheated easily. I love to walk when the temp is in the mid 50’s, it’s invigorating.

Brunch: Broccoli, cauliflower, carrots and red bell pepper. A bit later I had oat groats with a banana and blueberries.
goal140

Postby goal140 » Mon May 18, 2020 8:00 pm

This morning I had a salad with Swiss chard, spinach, romaine and red leaf lettuce. Along with the salad I had oat groats with banana and blueberries.

Dinner found me eating pinto beans with brown rice, corn, tomatoes, yellow bell peppers, onion, carrot and potatoes with some nutritional yeast.
goal140

Postby goal140 » Wed May 20, 2020 12:24 pm

Hi everyone,

I’m changing my exercise routine by adding some rebounding. So, no walk this morning, rainy and windy.

Breakfast: Broccoli, cauliflower and carrot with “cheesy” sauce. Whole oat groats with strawberries and a banana with cinnamon.

Afternoon snack: sweet potato air fried with cinnamon.
goal140

PreviousNext

Return to My Daily Menus & Journals