Keeping myself accountable

Share your daily McDougall menus and/or keep a journal describing your personal progress.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: Keeping myself accountable

Postby goal140 » Thu May 21, 2020 11:04 am

Good afternoon,

Had a glimpse of the sun this morning, during this overcast, windy and rainy week.

Lunch: I am eating a huge chopped salad consisting of romaine, red leaf lettuce, kale, Swiss chard, oregano, orange, red pepper, onion, spinach, strawberry, sweet potato with a splash of lemon cucumber balsamic vinegar.
goal140

Postby goal140 » Fri May 22, 2020 2:35 pm

Good afternoon,

The sun has returned and it is warm ( hot for me) outside, lower 80’s.

Lunch was broccoli, carrots, cauliflower with a “cheesy” sauce made out of veggies and some nutritional yeast. Then I proceeded to have a hot grain cereal with brown rice, quinoa, millet, oat groats, spelt, rye, banana and blueberries.

Dinner: Mexi stew consisting of brown rice, black beans, pinto beans, corn tomatoes, bell peppers, onion, garlic and various spices.
goal140

Postby goal140 » Sun May 24, 2020 7:08 pm

Can’t believe how cool it was today, in the low 60’s and overcast. It was my granddaughters birthday today. If she had waited 12 minutes longer to be born, she would have shared her birthday with both her parents! So we celebrated the 3 birthdays. A good time was had by all!

Breakfast was hot multi-grain cereal with banana and blueberries.

Lunch was carrot sticks, cucumbers, pineapple, watermelon and a birthday cupcake.

Dinner was a small bowl of lentil soup and bread
goal140

Postby goal140 » Thu May 28, 2020 7:28 pm

I haven’t been keeping myself accountable. I have had a lapse in journaling, haven’t posted since Sunday! It is raining again! Haven’t been walking but I have been rebounding.

Breakfast: Chopped salad consisting of romaine, kale, red leaf lettuce, yellow bell pepper, carrot, apple and sweet potato.

Lunch: Broccoli, carrot and cabbage with a splash of balsamic vinegar

Dinner: Lentil soup consisting of lentils, potatoes, onions, celery, tomatoes, spinach and various spices. I also had pineapple and banana “nice cream”. I put a frozen banana and frozen pineapple into my Vitamix and processed until creamy. It was soooo good!
goal140

Postby goal140 » Fri May 29, 2020 10:29 am

Good afternoon,

It is hit or miss with the sun this morning, so for exercise this morning, I rebounded.
I weighed 167.2 a gain of .4 lbs.

Breakfast: Broccoli and carrots with a splash of balsamic vinegar.
Lunch: Oat groats with banana and blueberries
Dinner: Dr, McDougall’s Buddha’s Delight, consisting of broccoli, carrots, green onions, mushrooms, snow peas, bok Choy, bamboo shoots, water chestnuts, straw mushrooms, baby corn on a bed of brown rice.

I love Dr McDougalls recipes but many of them take a bit of time because of all of the preparation involved! So I didn’t get to eat until 7 PM, which is late for me. It is now 9 PM and I am still hungry!
I guess I will wait for breakfast in the morning.
goal140

Postby goal140 » Mon Jun 01, 2020 10:12 am

Good afternoon,

Brunch: Brussels sprouts, cauliflower and broccoli with balsamic vinegar and Dijon mustard. Also had potato.

For exercise this morning, I did an 18 minute rebounding routine.
goal140

Postby goal140 » Wed Jun 03, 2020 5:57 pm

Good evening,

For lunch today I had tomatoes, peppers, beans and rice.

Dinner today was spring rolls consisting of rice paper, carrots, snow peas, cabbage, bell pepper, green onion and straw mushrooms with a splash of soy sauce. Topped it off with pineapple.
goal140

Postby goal140 » Thu Jun 04, 2020 9:56 am

Good morning,
After my rebounding routine I had breakfast,which consisted of air fried potatoes and air fried carrots. I had broccoli in the air fryer but it burned. I need more practice with the air fryer and vegetables.

For dinner I had a repeat of last night and had veggie spring rolls. The rolls contained rice paper, carrots, bamboo shoots, water chestnuts, cabbage,straw mushrooms, garlic and bell pepper. Then the sweet tooth hit and I had pineapple-banana nice cream.
goal140

Postby goal140 » Sun Jun 14, 2020 1:55 pm

I have hit a rough spot on my journey. I have to admit it I think I am a bread addict. The more I eat it the more I want. It must be the flour! I have gone through a loaf of sourdough in 3 days. I have gained weight this past week. So I have to double down and work on my compliance.

Breakfast: A big plate of broccoli, carrots and parsnips.
For a second breakfast I had brown rice grits with banana and blueberries.
I also had some bread.

Dinner: For dinner I had onions, peppers, purslane with a bean burger and an apple. I finished off the bread!
goal140

Postby AnnetteW » Sun Jun 14, 2020 8:11 pm

Do you bake your own sourdough bread? I love baking and it really is delicious. I agree it's hard to avoid and luckily it's summer and hot so I bake less that one loaf a week.
AnnetteW

Postby goal140 » Mon Jun 15, 2020 5:39 pm

I hope this works,
I have baked my own bread in the past and was contemplating baking my own sourdough. But I think it is one of those trigger foods that I need to stay away from, at least until I get at my goal weight and can maintain it for a few months.
goal140

Postby goal140 » Mon Jun 15, 2020 5:44 pm

Good evening,

It’s funny how time seems to slip away, so I had better post my meals for today.

Breakfast: Broccoli, carrots, brown rice grits, with banana and blueberries.

Dinner: Lentil soup and peas.
goal140

Postby goal140 » Tue Jun 16, 2020 11:43 am

Good afternoon,

This morning for breakfast I had oatmeal with ground flax, banana and blueberries.

Lunch today was broccoli and carrots. I couldn’t wait any longer, the anticipation got the best of me, I had to go ahead and try the sauerkraut that I had made. I had no preconceived ideas about what it should taste like. It was edible, not bad for a first attempt. Easy enough to make, so I will be making sauerkraut as a staple.
goal140

Postby goal140 » Wed Jun 17, 2020 8:04 am

Good morning,
I saw something rare this morning, the sun shown for a bit. Wonderful sight to see!

For breakfast I had a veggie gumbo that consists of onions, red and green bell peppers, carrots, tomatoes, cabbage, celery, okra, garlic, spinach and brown rice. This one is a keeper. Delicious!
This was leftover from last night. I’m so glad I halved the recipe. Will probably get 3-4 more meals out of it!

For dinner, I had a repeat of breakfast. So good!

For a dessert,since I haven’t had any fruit today, I will have banana and cherry nice cream.
goal140

Postby goal140 » Thu Jun 18, 2020 2:44 pm

Hello everyone,

For lunch today I had a banana with broccoli, carrot and parsnip.

For dinner, I will have leftover veggie gumbo ( onion, cabbage, carrot, garlic, okra, red pepper, green pepper, and celery) with brown rice.
goal140

PreviousNext

Return to My Daily Menus & Journals