Nancy's Journal

Share your daily McDougall menus and/or keep a journal describing your personal progress.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: Nancy's Journal

Postby Nancy Lou » Thu Mar 30, 2023 10:43 am

March 29, 2023
weight: ?

Not sure what my weight is at the moment, not sure I even want to know. I am attempting to not snack and that seems to work until the sun goes down. MY downfall. So, last night I made a big effort not to snack and woke up in the middle of the night so hungry.

I like the idea of eating the same things, it may work for breakfast and lunch. I will need to be more creative for dinners since I have the grandchildren in my care quite frequently.

I was making a huge batch of brown rice. I was having it with fruit, plant-based milk, cinnamon and heated up a bit for breakfast.

Then I made a batch of curried chickpeas and served it over the rice.

Monday, was the first day of the running class that I take every year. I have "homework" to do, but my grandson shared his head cold and it is zapping my energy. I feel more important to rest and than to go running. Hopefully, I'll kick it quickly.

Today, I started my day with hash brown potatoes with onion and peppers mixed in.

I am really looking forward to get back with the plan, lose these extra pounds. - that is a must because my running pants were way too tight.
Nancy

Nancy Lou

Postby Nancy Lou » Sun Apr 02, 2023 11:08 am

April 2, 2023
weight - 142.8, not for real, I was sick yesterday and had a mostly fasting day as I had no appetite or energy to eat.

Started my day with:
brown rice
peanut sauce from a Forks over Knives cookbook
broccoli

I am using my don't want to eat day yesterday as sort of a jumpstart to get with the program.

I am sort of struggling right now. I know I had enough to eat, felt full when I finished my plate. Had a glass of water - when is it best to drink water, before or after meal? But it has been about an hour and I want to eat again. Think I will just make me a cup of tea and sip on that. I am still feeling crappy - head/chest cold thingie that is going around. I normally don't get sick but this thing wiped me out for 3 days.

Motivation - eat better to get stronger immune system
Nancy

Nancy Lou

Postby Nancy Lou » Tue Apr 04, 2023 5:52 pm

April 4, 2023
weight = ? did not weigh myself

working on one meal at a time still. It seems to be working for me to get my mindset where it needs to be without the guilt if I go off plan. Got a nasty cough and it seems like my appetite is not really there.
Nancy

Nancy Lou

Postby Nancy Lou » Fri Apr 07, 2023 3:01 pm

April 7, 2023
Weight 144.4

Finally had a bit of an appetite yesterday. Whatever bug I caught is finally on its way out, but I am not in the clear yet. I am Still coughing quite a bit.

Today I made a big batch of split pea soup - I use Chef Aj"s spice mix but added onion, carrot, celery, and potatoes

Snack for today: some of the sweetest black grapes ever
Nancy

Nancy Lou

Previous

Return to My Daily Menus & Journals