Hope Journal

Share your daily McDougall menus and/or keep a journal describing your personal progress.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Hope Journal

Postby Hope410 » Mon Sep 27, 2021 12:35 pm

Food:

Breakfast
Oatmeal, blueberries, banana

Exercise:
Walk--50 min.
Hope410

Re: Hope Journal

Postby Hope410 » Sat Aug 27, 2022 9:09 pm

My plan is to follow the Starch Solution WOE to get to my goal weight by mainly using the 10 Point guidelines of MWL with the exception of points 5and 7. I will sometimes be eating tofu, bread or tortillas. So tomorrow will be my first day journaling what I eat and my exercise for the day. I hope this will help me to succeed because I really was not successful in the MWL group, and I am tired of being stuck at this weight.
Hope410

Postby Hope410 » Sun Aug 28, 2022 8:02 pm

Sunday:

Breakfast:
earl grey decaf/soymilk
m/w spinach with mandarin orange and balsamic vinegar
oatmeal with blueberries, banana/cinnamon and 1/2 TBS flax meal

Green tea throughout the day.

Dinner:
cucumber onion and bell pepper vinegar pickles
black bean soup
brown rice
veg mix of kale, broccoli, onions and carrots
ear of corn

Batch cooked potatoes in the instant pot. Made black bean soup for the week and a cheesy sauce. Also have cooked brown rice
in the fridge.

Exercise: Walked 30 minutes on t/m. Plan to start resistance exercises twice a week in addition to walking at least 30 minutes each day. Maybe Tuesday and Friday.
Hope410

Postby Lizzy_F » Mon Aug 29, 2022 6:56 am

Hi Hope! (Love that screen name!) Just wanted to wish you well on your journey! Your food sounds delicious!
Beth

"Long-term sustainable change is what we are really after." ~Jeff Novick
Lizzy_F

Postby Ruff » Mon Aug 29, 2022 12:57 pm

Hi Hope, welcome to the journals. I also did not do well with MWL. Its important to realise it is a wonderful tool for many people, who love the structure and support, but not for everyone who find difficulties in one area or another. I found the constant failure (normally because I drank some tea with soy milk, and struggled with making 2 meals every mealtime...that soup/salad preload thing) depressing. I felt I could never live up to the standards and I was 'failing again'.

I found Starch Solution my sweet spot. It did take longer than MWL would have done, but I got there in the end. Now I incorporate some Engine 2 stuff, with slightly higher calorie density because I am a runner. When I plateaued on Starch Solution I did a Mary's Mini a couple of times. Having the 10 day cut off made it able for me. Good luck.
Katie

My testimonial. viewtopic.php?f=13&t=38433
Ruff

Postby Lizzy_F » Sat Sep 03, 2022 10:36 am

Hi Hope! Just checking in to offer you support as you get this thing figured out for yourself. Hope you are enjoying your food!
Beth

"Long-term sustainable change is what we are really after." ~Jeff Novick
Lizzy_F

Return to My Daily Menus & Journals