No topic.

Share your daily McDougall menus and/or keep a journal describing your personal progress.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: No topic.

Postby Trinity » Sat Jul 23, 2022 1:59 pm

Thanks Katie! He’s absolutely fine, hungry as a typical 12-year-old boy, and no one else has gotten it yet (that I know of—haven’t talked to the CT folks today yet).

Today is off-plan so I might as well post now. My MIL has been very thoughtfully making me all sorts of vegan food—hummus sandwiches, roasted vegetables, orzo salad etc. though she puts oil in everything (well, it’s always in the recipe instructions I guess) and she and my older daughter baked cupcakes and I promised to try one later. I did do 4-1 outside this morning which was nice thought it was already hot—might make the leap to 5-1 on Tuesday, we’ll see.
Trinity

Postby VegSeekingFit » Sun Jul 24, 2022 4:19 pm

Hi Trinity! :)

So glad that your little guy is feeling better! Hope nobody else gets sick...

Sympathizing on your well-meaning in-law's... with the vegan in oil stuff...

Hope you have a great week!
Stephanie
I ❤️ the McDougall program!! It has given me a new lease on life.

Thankful for amazing people - McDs, JeffN, Mark, Tiffany, Goose!

https://www.drmcdougall.com/education/s ... ight-loss/
VegSeekingFit

Postby Trinity » Sun Jul 24, 2022 6:59 pm

Thanks Stephanie! Yes—everyone is very well-meaning which I appreciate. I am very lucky!

Today was fine but I did eat a veggie burger that was made special for me at the cookout which had both egg whites and oil in it—oh well. Exercised.
Trinity

Postby Trinity » Mon Jul 25, 2022 3:08 pm

Went out to lunch with the kids, MIL, and her sister (husband had to work today) and I got a quinoa salad with the creamy dressing on the side but I’ve finally learned my lesson and from now on I’m going to say NO dressing as a little of it spilled out of the little cup onto my salad so that makes today (1) :( and (2) :( since I’m a perfectionist (but trying to reform). Self, always just ask for oil and vinegar as they always come separate! Exercised (walking) and will definitely run-walk tomorrow.
Trinity

Postby Trinity » Tue Jul 26, 2022 6:55 pm

Today was 100% successful—(1) :) and (2) :) and exercised—for the first time I did run 5 min., walk 1 min. and also for the first time it actually felt good, like I was running! Of course I was outside and it was a cool morning because the MA weather has gotten back to normal. Headed home tomorrow.

Stephanie, if you’re reading, I’m saving the Adrian McKintey books because I know they’ll be awesome and I’m probably going to need one after what I’m currently reading: After the End by Claire Mackintosh. My mom recommended the author but I hesitated for a long time because my mom also warned me that something terrible happens to a child in each of her books. It’s true for this one too, but there is an interesting twist, if it can be called that, in the story. I’m towards the end now I think and OH YEAH, “Atomic Habits” just became available! So I’m rushing through it a little to get to Atomic Habits.
Trinity

Postby VegSeekingFit » Wed Jul 27, 2022 6:07 pm

Hi Trinity! :)

Totally save the McKinty books for when you need one to just devour... :)

How is the one that your mom recommended? I checked author out on Libby / library app as I'm not familiar with her. They had maybe 3 older ones of hers available - one you mentioned can place hold... Just curious how you like. One of the "blurbs" made it sound like she was similar to Jodi Picoult (who I love), but I am not sure if that was only in reference to My Sister's Keeper...

Anyway, hope you have safe travels home and awesome job on the running!!!!! :D

Cheers,
Stephanie

VegSeekingFit

Postby Trinity » Wed Jul 27, 2022 6:54 pm

Hi Stephanie! I finished it on the plane today. It was decent enough, as in I wanted to keep reading it to see what happened, but it seemed to go on forever and at a certain point I was thinking, what else could possibly happen? And then the end was anticlimactic. So, hmm, I can’t decide whether to recommend it or not! If you are in between books or waiting for something on hold, it will pass the time. I’m curious to see what you think if you read it. Maybe I’ll try another one of hers and see if it’s any different.

Today was (1) :) and (2) :) and I’m walking on my treadmill now that the kids are in bed. I really wanted a granola bar on the plane and some chocolate or some sort of treat after dinner after we got home but I managed to stay strong. I’d found a loaf of oil-free (white) bread to nibble on during the trip and my MIL packed some grapes for us so that got me through. At home I just ate some more (white) pasta that I’d frozen so I managed not to eat anything junky. I’m so glad I got to start reading Atomic Habits. Now that the summer is winding down and we’re back from our last trip I want to get rid of some bad habits and start some new good habits. Like, I am very inspired by my bro and SIL. My bro wakes up at 5 am to study BUT my SIL, a stay-at-home mom of 4, one of which is a toddler, ALSO wakes up at 5 am and from then to when the kids start waking up is her quiet-kid-free-time and she sits and reads or listens to podcasts and drinks coffee. Also, thanks to my brother having to study daily at 5 am they really don’t drink that much alcohol, I don’t think—they might split a beer after the kids are all down. They still go to bed at 10 pm so I know for myself that is just not enough sleep but maybe they catch up on the weekends. So, not sure if I can or want to necessarily do exactly any of that but it was inspiring. Also my husband has a weigh-in in about a month so he’s going to be on the health food bandwagon which will help me too.
Trinity

Postby Trinity » Thu Jul 28, 2022 12:04 pm

Today will definitely be (1) :) and (2) :) and I am walking around my house for exercise right now—tomorrow morning will be a run/walk. Man I’m tired!
Trinity

Postby squealcat » Fri Jul 29, 2022 4:42 pm

Trinity: so glad you liked The Great Alone ! Yes, it would be nice to visit Alaska (but in the summer ) ! I have read Atomic Habits twice and own the book. It is great and I refer to it many times! I am currently reading "Into the Water" by Paula Hawkins. She is the one who wrote The girl on the Train. I have just begun it but it is very good ! I was a little confused by the characters until my son-in-law pointed out to me that there is a list of all characters right in the front of the book with brief descriptions....very helpful. Each chapter is in the voice of a different character involved in the plot. Our church book club selection is called "Memphis" and it has good reviews. I hope to start it when on vacation.

-squealcat (Marilyn)
squealcat

Postby Trinity » Fri Jul 29, 2022 6:31 pm

Thanks Marilyn! I’ve added those to my “To Read” list!

Today was (1) :) but (2) :( as I ate a vegan veggie burger when we met my mom and went out for lunch. Did run-walk this morning. I’m really enjoying Atomic Habits.
Trinity

Postby Trinity » Sat Jul 30, 2022 3:52 pm

Today: (1) :) and (2) :) and did run-walk. Today was so great because my husband first took the kids to the pool and later took them to a movie. They’re still gone! Haha. I got a lot done around the house, then ran some errands, and now I’m just chilling because they’ll be back any minute I think. Unfortunately, I’m feeling the beginning of a cold in my throat—hopefully either it’ll go away or it will be a mild one. I blame air travel.
Trinity

Postby Ruff » Sat Jul 30, 2022 4:16 pm

fingers crossed re your throat. Hope its not too bad.

And I hope you had some nice chill alone time before the family got back.
Katie

My testimonial. viewtopic.php?f=13&t=38433
Ruff

Postby VegSeekingFit » Sat Jul 30, 2022 6:58 pm

Hey Trinity!!

YAY on the food and exercise... :D

Hope your throat feels better soon!!!

Reading your book discussion w/ Marilyn (Squealcat)... I was lucky enough to visit Alaska 5 years ago... OMG --- Recommend... :) And, I am going to check out that Kristin Hannah book...

Take care and hope you have a wonderful weekend!
Stephanie

VegSeekingFit

Postby Trinity » Sun Jul 31, 2022 12:59 pm

Thank you Katie and Stephanie! Ugh—glad I did run-walk 2 days in a row because today I’m feeling blah and not doing anything. Food is fine—not that hungry—more tea with unsweetened Silk in it than I would typically drink but today it’s all I want.
Trinity

Postby Ruff » Sun Jul 31, 2022 4:15 pm

sick days are sick days! but yes, its nice one can take 2 days off when under the weather not not 'blow' the whole programme. If you get really ill and have to take more than 7 days off...simply drop back a week and then carry on.
Katie

My testimonial. viewtopic.php?f=13&t=38433
Ruff

PreviousNext

Return to My Daily Menus & Journals