No topic.

Share your daily McDougall menus and/or keep a journal describing your personal progress.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: No topic.

Postby Trinity » Mon May 16, 2022 7:05 pm

Today: tea, 2 oz. unsweetened Silk, potatoes, a stupid (non-McD) guava pastry that was dry and not good and left a greasy taste in my mouth that my child decided she didn’t want but I already picked up, white rice, corn tortillas, salsa, brown sugar, 2 oz. limoncello (I was NOT going to drink today but then I was in such a bad mood right before dinner), pasta with oil-free sauce, corn, the last non-McD brownie. Exercised.

Stupid brownies are gone and stupid corn tortillas are gone. As I was finishing the last few with white rice and salsa my son decided he wanted some of the same combination. Gah!

I am in a bad place and I’m trying to be honest with myself and so I think the reason is that I’m dreading summer vacation. I love being alone and I love quiet and the best part of school is that I have quiet alone time and now it’s ending. But of course I’m going to have some of that this summer somehow and I need to not get ahead of myself. And I also need to stop eating when not hungry just because I picked a too-small container to put leftovers in.
Trinity

Postby Trinity » Tue May 17, 2022 5:21 pm

Happy Birthday Dr. McDougall!

Today: tea, 2+ oz. unsweetened Silk (shook the rest in too as it was almost empty), pasta with oil-free sauce, potatoes, soup, Speedy International Stew, oil-free bread, vegetables, balsamic vinegar, 2 glasses of white wine. Exercised.
Trinity

Postby Trinity » Wed May 18, 2022 5:17 pm

Today: tea, 2 oz. unsweetened Silk, potatoes, black coffee. In the evening: 1 beer, Int’l Stew, fruit (also ate some kid’s leftover strawberries yesterday but forgot to list it), 1 non-McD brownie which was not even good. Looked better than it tasted. Exercised.

Feeling better today. Yesterday was actually not too good. This morning was not the best. I think that instead of dreading summer I dread having to see other people (like, acquaintances, especially other parents) especially at the kids’ schools. So awkward and even more so since Covid I think. Also my husband has a bad cold and worked from home yesterday and today so I think that’s pretty self-explanatory. Ha. Though—sometimes I don’t know why I’m feeling how I feel which is pretty frustrating too.

What is everyone up to/eating? I need some extra motivation. I was really motivated today until something I wanted to go to tonight was canceled though I didn’t find out till we got there. And now the alcohol habit is back which is most unfortunate. I am so regretting that stupid brownie! I can still taste it and it’s not a good taste. Bah.
Trinity

Postby Trinity » Thu May 19, 2022 7:40 pm

Excuses, excuses, huh?

Today: tea, 2 oz. unsweetened Silk, soup, potatoes. For the record I made myself eat the rest of the vegetable-with-a-can-of-pumpkin soup before I ate anything else besides potatoes. There was a lot of it, too. It wasn’t that good. Should have either left out the pumpkin or committed to a pumpkin-based soup. Oh well—rest of the day: a Diet Dr. Pepper, oil-free bread, fruit, some leftover Starburst FaveRed jellybeans & graham crackers (contained oil) & a granola bar (also contained oil), 1 beer, a burrito bowl (brown rice, beans, salsa, guacamole, lettuce, tomatoes), one bite each of some (non-McD) treats we were taste-testing for my older daughter’s birthday party in a few weeks. Probably will just make grandma do the baking, haha. Exercised.

Tomorrow is the last day of school! Super busy day. Things feel celebratory.
Trinity

Postby Trinity » Fri May 20, 2022 7:13 pm

Last day of school! Yay!

B: tea, 2 oz. unsweetened Silk

L: Kids’ choice was Denny’s. Can’t tell you the last time I went to Denny’s. I had a stomachache all afternoon after pancakes, toast, and an English muffin I didn’t think to order “dry.”

D: mashed potatoes, gravy, vegetables, corn. 2 glasses of wine and (non-McD) 1 brookie and 1 cookies and cream brownie.

Peeled a whole instant-pot-liner-full of potatoes for my next meals, whew. Exercised.
Trinity

Postby Trinity » Sat May 21, 2022 6:54 pm

Today: leftover black coffee, potatoes, fruit. Then went up to my parents where I had Kitchen Sink Soup, vegetables, and one bite of a (non-McD) homemade brookie for lunch and one beer and pasta with sauce that had oil in it for dinner. Did not exercise but hopefully tomorrow.
Trinity

Postby Trinity » Sun May 22, 2022 6:57 pm

Today: tea, sweetened Silk, potatoes, beans, vegetables, fruit, pasta (sauce contained oil), Kitchen Sink Soup, 1 Diet Coke, 1 beer, marinara pizza, balsamic vinegar, 1 bite of brookie, 2 Starbursts. Still did not exercise but headed home tomorrow.
Trinity

Postby Trinity » Mon May 23, 2022 7:16 pm

We spent so much time at the mall today trying to get my husband’s phone fixed, then waiting for the new phone to be ready when they couldn’t fix it. Didn’t get home (from parents’) until after 7. I’m really happy otherwise with how the weekend went. Given all the non-McD treats around all the time I pretty much stayed on plan as well as possible. Better than in the past at least except for the summer of 2014 which was in between our 2 years in South Korea. Wish I could get that motivated again! At the time it was to keep my skin clear. Which of course I still want. Maybe I can psych myself up like that again.

Today:

B: tea, sweetened Silk, rest of marinara pizza (presumably contained oil)
L (mall): vegetarian sushi, tofu skins (also presumably contained oil), white rice, duck sauce, vegetables (definitely contained oil), a tall soy latte
D (home): potatoes, fruit, vegetables, balsamic vinegar, 1 beer.

Walking on treadmill now. Can’t wait to get my house in order for the next couple of days and get ready for my older daughter’s birthday which is next Tuesday before heading back to parents’ this weekend because my brother and his family are coming down.
Trinity

Postby Trinity » Tue May 24, 2022 4:30 pm

Tea, 2 oz. unsweetened Silk, potatoes, fruit, corn, vegetables, balsamic vinegar. Exercised.

Busy day getting caught up from last week and the weekend. Still have to wrap gifts and figure out what sort of cake or whatever for Tuesday. Husband found out today that he has a surprise weigh-in Thursday morning so he probably won’t be eating anything until after that which makes dinner easy for me for a couple of days! Looking forward to waking up tomorrow and not feeling like a truck hit me (hopefully).
Trinity

Postby Trinity » Wed May 25, 2022 6:18 pm

I did feel more awake this morning but I still get so sleepy in the afternoons. Maybe tomorrow we’ll try to go see a movie then. It’s going to be rainy again.

Today: tea, 2 oz. unsweetened Silk, potatoes, 4 oz. limoncello (forgot I was trying to make it go away—only 3 oz. left), some pasta with oil-free sauce (kid leftovers), a couple bites of oil-free bread I decided to put in the freezer for another day. Later ate a small bag of Sour Patch Kids my older daughter was “saving.” You snooze, you lose, sister! Exercised.
Trinity

Postby Trinity » Thu May 26, 2022 5:26 pm

B: tea, 2 oz. unsweetened Silk, potatoes.
L: Chipotle vegetarian burrito (white rice, black beans, pico de gallo, corn salsa, lettuce) so contained oil, Coke Zero.
D (home so all oil-free): pasta, sauce, bread, salad, balsamic vinegar, an orange, 3 oz. limoncello (gone—whew—that stuff is a headache waiting to happen). Exercised.

Today was much better, the kids didn’t get bored at all. Wrapped some presents and then walked around the mall—the older kids had never been. Came home and my son practiced and the older kids got rid of a bunch of stuff in their rooms—Goodwill trip tomorrow. This is one of my favorite things—not only ridding the house of junk but my kids willingly parting with it. They weren’t that interested in the movie which was fine with me. Everyone’s getting excited for my older daughter’s birthday next week.
Trinity

Postby Trinity » Fri May 27, 2022 7:05 pm

Husband passed weigh-in; squeaked by within a pound and a half. Whew! Also, older daughter got her ears pierced Saturday for her upcoming birthday and by Wednesday son had thrown a pillow at her which (accidentally) ripped one out. The pillow has all these little taggies on it. After much kerfuffle and pain I managed to get another earring into the hole so it wouldn’t close up. Then son, feeling appropriately guilty, found missing earring and I stuck that back in her ear. I made sure everything had been doused in the cleaning fluid and my hands were clean and so far so good but now I’m worried about infection in her ear—time will tell. Younger daughter also drew on the wall with marker this week (rubbing alcohol took it off) and managed to break open an airplane neck pillow and spill the infinitesimal beads everywhere this morning. Son vacuumed. 1 week of summer down. Tomorrow morning we’re headed to my parents where my brother and SIL and their 4 kids are down from New England for their yearly visit. I’m looking forward to it. Husband fell asleep midsentence just now as he woke up at 3:30 yesterday morning and before 6 every other day this week.

Today: tea, 2 oz. unsweetened Silk, potatoes, fruit, brown rice, bread, maple syrup, 2 glasses of white wine, vegetables, balsamic vinegar, Speedy International Stew, A1. Exercised.
Trinity

Postby Trinity » Sat May 28, 2022 8:05 pm

B: tea, 2 oz. unsweetened Silk, potatoes
Waffle House: 1 waffle (not McD), maple syrup, black coffee
Braves game: 1 beer, fries, ketchup, some kettle corn
Later: some pita chips and hummus (not oil free)

It will be a very not-McD weekend.
Trinity

Postby Trinity » Sun May 29, 2022 9:20 pm

B: tea, unsweetened Silk, fruit, potatoes.
L: sandwich platter so I peeled the meat and cheese off of a few of them but still tasted a little bit of cheese and maybe also mayo, also some raw vegetables and a Coke and part of a fruit and nut pastry.
D (Italian restaurant): 2 beers, pasta with tomato sauce (undoubtedly contained oil), 1 garlic roll, 1 tiny sliver of birthday cake with the Oreo that was on top.
Trinity

Postby Trinity » Mon May 30, 2022 9:17 pm

Bleah. So glad to be home. Great weekend of course but with children ages 1-12 (7) outnumbering adults (6) it was, well:

B: coffee, unsweetened Silk, fruit, 3 cinnamon roll sticks (?) (not McD)
L: non-McD leftovers (1 blueberry muffin, 2 sandwiches that were the same thing as I did yesterday, the rest of my son’s pasta and eggplant Parmesan with the cheese pulled off) (he pulled off the cheese last night—still ended up with a stomachache)
S: peanut-butter-filled pretzel nuggets (oil I’m sure)
D: 1 beer, 1 veggie burger (Morningstar so not McD), some tortilla chips (oil), salsa, baked beans, a couple of SIL’s Rice Krispie treats (butter I’m sure)
Later: a glass of white wine after I finished decorating for Princess’ birthday tomorrow. On the way home I told her I couldn’t decorate this year since we were getting home late and she cried real tears. Sheesh.
Trinity

PreviousNext

Return to My Daily Menus & Journals