10 years of McDougalling

Share your daily McDougall menus and/or keep a journal describing your personal progress.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: 10 years of McDougalling

Postby Trinity » Mon Jul 18, 2022 2:36 pm

Thank you Katie! Yes, you’re right—I did mean stitch, like right at the bottom of one side of my rib cage. And that makes total sense—I was running outside for the first time in weeks which is a lot different from a treadmill. And I am unfit, but working on it!

Hoping your car is fixed soon and Bonnie recovers quickly from her surgery next week!
Trinity

Postby bunsofaluminum » Tue Jul 19, 2022 9:00 am

Ruff wrote:I have just finished The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society by Mary Ann Shaffer. YOU. MUST. READ. THIS. BOOK. I am in tears of despair that I have finished it. I have it from the library, but I will buy it. I cannot live without it.

Maybe I am being a little over dramatic here, I will settle down again when I have eaten my porridge, and be more British in my response! :lol:

Oh! The Potato Peel Society...I know I've had hands on that book. My mom owns it. Now I'll have to go steal it from her, since the opioid fog in my brain has lifted somewhat LOL.

Seems life has come at you in several clumps lately. So sorry to learn about poor Bonnie. I pray she will be back on her feet in record time! And your arm...is that any better?

take care. I'll be peeking in more frequently simply because I do have the free time currently.
JUST DON'T EAT IT

I heart my endothelial lining
by red squirrel

simple, humble food
by f00die

The rest is an industry looking to make a buck off my poor health
by Pamela, a FB user
bunsofaluminum

Postby Ruff » Thu Jul 21, 2022 12:44 pm

Trotting on. I feel like everything is on hold until Bonnies operation. We daren't go anywhere in case we get Covid and she would then have to wait until we are out of isolation, so we are quite confined at the moment. Not long now, pre-op on Tuesday and operation on Wednesday if all goes well at the pre-op. She is fine, sleeps most of the time due to the drugs she is on.

We did have a lovely day on Wednesday. Not what we had planned, but maybe all the better for that. We had a lovely quiet day at home. Pancakes for breakfast, with fruit and maple syrup. Soup for lunch with homemade sough dough bread and Pasta bake (by request of Peter) for supper with apple crumble for pudding. The crumble topping was homemade compliant granola. Peter had some wine he won at the Mt Difficulty race last year, and I had grape juice. This is heaps more than I normally eat! I was very full, but it did feel like a real celebration. Thankfully we ran on the beach before breakfast or it wouldn't have been a run, but a roll!

I also celebrated by starting a new crochet. Its a blanket called Sophies garden, and I have to concentrate. I can't watch TV when doing it. Or read...in fact I cant read and crochet at all, but I read and knit. I spent most of our anniversary in front of a roaring log fire crocheting and listening to My Mathematical Universe on audio book.

Today is a very cold and dank day. I am not running this morning. I am making bread today. Its sourdough so I started yesterday. I don't normally eat bread, as it is a little calorie dense for everyday life, but Peter eats heaps. I make rolls and freeze them and take out a few at a time for him. I do have one occasionally, I have nothing against bread except its calorie density. I have no idea at all what we are having for supper! I have heaps of potatoes and quarter of a pumpkin, and a bag of carrots.....I hope inspiration will strike soon, or its going to be pumpkin, carrot and potato soup! :lol: :lol:
Katie

My testimonial. viewtopic.php?f=13&t=38433
Ruff

Postby Lizzy_F » Thu Jul 21, 2022 2:36 pm

Hi Katie! Sounds like you had a nice anniversary! It sounds like at least Bonnie is comfortable right now? (via the meds, but able to sleep?) Hope the surgery comes and goes without a hitch.

Potato/carrot/pumpkin soup sounds pretty interesting! I guess what I'm realizing is that all it takes to perk my ears up is the word POTATO! :D :lol:
Beth

"Long-term sustainable change is what we are really after." ~Jeff Novick
Lizzy_F

Postby VegSeekingFit » Fri Jul 22, 2022 2:49 pm

Hi Katie, :)

Your anniversary celebration sounds lovely - including the pudding!!! :lol:

Hugs to your Bonnie... I am sure that you and your husband will be relieved when she is on the other side of the operation.

Take care,
Stephanie
I ❤️ the McDougall program!! It has given me a new lease on life.

Thankful for amazing people - McDs, JeffN, Mark, Tiffany, Goose!

https://www.drmcdougall.com/education/s ... ight-loss/
VegSeekingFit

Postby Ruff » Sat Jul 23, 2022 12:13 pm

If I did this right there will be a photo of a stormy sunrise at my beach below. It shows on my preview, let me know if it shows in real life. This is a test photo for posting picture on here. Thank you to Rick for the hotline and instructions. Fingers crossed it works.

Katie

Ruff

Postby squealcat » Sun Jul 24, 2022 3:46 pm

Beautiful photo Ruff !! Good job !

I don't know how to do anything on here except just plain posting of my journal. A long time ago I was able to put up a picture in the upper right corner but I have tried and just cannot figure it out now !

I have read a lot of your little bits of advice to others and I also am a member of the clean plate club. Yes, I need to practice leaving things on my plate when I am not hungry anymore. Always afraid of being hungry.

I really appreciate your advice and it seems like this is your gift to us to help us on our journey.

-squealcat (Marilyn)
squealcat

Postby VegSeekingFit » Sun Jul 24, 2022 4:17 pm

Hi Katie!! :)

Beautiful picture!! Thank you for sharing!

Is this right by you??? Like you can see this everday??/ (Yes, JEALOUS!!!)...

Cheers,
Stephanie
I ❤️ the McDougall program!! It has given me a new lease on life.

Thankful for amazing people - McDs, JeffN, Mark, Tiffany, Goose!

https://www.drmcdougall.com/education/s ... ight-loss/
VegSeekingFit

Postby Ruff » Sun Jul 24, 2022 5:46 pm

VegSeekingFit wrote:Hi Katie!! :)

Beautiful picture!! Thank you for sharing!

Is this right by you??? Like you can see this everday??/ (Yes, JEALOUS!!!)...

Cheers,
Stephanie

yes, this is my photo from my beach (note the possessive pronoun here :lol: :lol: ). But everyday? Today it was raining and gloomy.....
However the beach is just at the end of my road. The road points at the beach and ends with a path up the dunes. It takes 3 minutes from my gate to dipping my toes in the ocean.
Katie

Ruff

Postby rickfm » Mon Jul 25, 2022 4:59 pm

Ruff wrote:If I did this right there will be a photo of a stormy sunrise at my beach below.

Very nice! Glad to see you got it to work. And I think I'm feeling a little beach envy. It has been a couple decades since I've been to a coastline.
~Rick

Mmmm.... cabbage!
Keeping it Simple
rickfm

Postby squealcat » Mon Jul 25, 2022 6:01 pm

Also have beach envy !!

-Marilyn
squealcat

Postby Ruff » Mon Jul 25, 2022 11:28 pm

Popping in quickly, Bonnie's pre op went well today and she is the first in surgery at the University tomorrow morning.
Katie

Ruff

Postby Ejeff » Tue Jul 26, 2022 8:17 am

Wow you sure are close to the beach, thanks for sharing that beautiful photo. Sending good thoughts for the surgery.

Erin
"The more disciplined your environment is, the less disciplined you need to be. Don't swim upstream."
Ejeff

Postby Ruff » Tue Jul 26, 2022 5:31 pm

Bonnie is in surgery now.

Katie

Ruff

Postby Lizzy_F » Fri Jul 29, 2022 6:37 am

Hi Katie! Bonnie is beautiful! I hope the surgery went well and she is doing well now. Your beach is also beautiful - more beach envy here!!!

I was thinking about you this morning and just hoping all is well. Sending you hugs and positive healing vibes for Bonnie across the miles. *insert heart smilie here*
Beth

"Long-term sustainable change is what we are really after." ~Jeff Novick
Lizzy_F

PreviousNext

Return to My Daily Menus & Journals