Flabby's Exercise Journal

Share your daily McDougall menus and/or keep a journal describing your personal progress.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: Flabby's Exercise Journal

Postby Matcha » Tue Oct 11, 2022 12:07 am

i didn't do my post meal 15 min walk and squat but i did everything else and found a short arm exercise video. leg exercises felt easier today. didn't feel sore after yesterday 8 miles. stretching last night helped.

exercise Goal tuesday 10/11/22

add the belly vacuum to am pm routine

post meal routine
use weighted vest for a few hours

lastly add 15 minute of compound strength training
Matcha

Postby VegSeekingFit » Tue Oct 11, 2022 9:50 pm

Hi Matcha!! :)

You are doing so great with your exercise!!!

Cheers,
Stephanie
"Just put one foot in front of the other and don't worry about the length of the path.
Once you get on that path, and the longer you stay on it, there eventually will come a time when you will not turn back." - Martina Navratilova
VegSeekingFit

Postby Matcha » Wed Oct 12, 2022 12:57 pm

Thank you for the encouragement Stephanie!

i didn't think i would ever enjoy exercise. if i didn't have to do it, i'd rather be lazy, but my body feels better, so now i can say i am a person who eat and exercise well everyday. i have a few more things to work on.

I didn't reach my exercise goal yesterday, but i will today.

am pm routine
post meal routine

15 minute body exercise without equipment.
Matcha

Postby Matcha » Sun Oct 16, 2022 9:59 pm

Earlier this year, i could run, now i can't. exercise is my DIY PT.
i am going to add yoga to my routine. to simplify, i will concentrate on 3 poses and until i do them perfectly.
Matcha

Postby bunsofaluminum » Wed Oct 19, 2022 12:14 pm

Looks like you're continuing to plug along. Keep it up! Isn't it wonderful, how energized this way of eating makes you? Weight loss or not, the energy is DA BOMB.
JUST DON'T EAT IT

I heart my endothelial lining
by red squirrel

simple, humble food
by f00die

The rest is an industry looking to make a buck off my poor health
by Pamela, a FB user
bunsofaluminum

Postby Matcha » Sun Oct 23, 2022 10:26 pm

bunsofaluminum,
i definitely feel better when i eat healthy, not sure if i have more energy because i've always never needed much sleep. only caffeine is matcha green tea.
--------

i've been not doing my exercise routine for a few days, out of town. it was a very bad week emotionally. Our family dog was fine in the morning and was dead in less than 12 hours after from my husband's bad decisions of the day. If it had been a child, it would be in the news.

Daughter told me that my legs are too skinny. She said i'm scrawny. she thinks i need more protein. i took her through my exercise routine, she though it was strenuous enough. i think it's the post menopause legs.

Monday 10/24 exercise goal
continue as usual, add an extra set on total gym legs am and pm
Last edited by Matcha on Tue Oct 25, 2022 11:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Matcha

Postby VegSeekingFit » Tue Oct 25, 2022 6:43 pm

Hi Matcha,

Super sorry for what you said about dog... :( Hope that you are ok... I guess that I can't even go there, yeah? Just wishing you best...

I did want to say that I think what you said about this "post-menopausal leg" thing could be true. I have a friend who is obsessed with my leg size... weirdly in a way, but ... yay, thinking I have lost a bit of muscle... and will work to correct that... or, mitigate it... whatever...

Take care, wishing you well.

Best,
Stephanie
"Just put one foot in front of the other and don't worry about the length of the path.
Once you get on that path, and the longer you stay on it, there eventually will come a time when you will not turn back." - Martina Navratilova
VegSeekingFit

Postby Matcha » Tue Oct 25, 2022 10:07 pm

stephanie,
Thanks for dropping in. Before, i decided to lose weight, i read on the internet, that post menopause ladies have fat bellies and legs like tooth picks. that scared me to wanna lose weight. I know heavy seniors with skinny legs and they seem to not have much of a butt. I people watch, most thin mature ladies have thin legs, no butt. i don't want to look like that, but muscle building doesn't seem to work. Maybe need more protein to build muscles. there's an older lady named Joan McDonald that has muscles and butt. her daughter trains her. she eats animal protein. so does ernestine shepherd, 120 grams of protein. a day.
--------

glute and leg pain minimal.

Wednesday goal 10/25/22
Usual exercise routine and try jog walk in my neighborhood
Matcha

Postby Daydream » Wed Oct 26, 2022 6:46 am

Matcha, I'm so sorry about your dog! I know how upsetting that can be.

I think you are doing great with your daily exercise--keep up the good work! If you are eating the McDougall diet then you are likely getting enough protein so I wouldn't worry about that.
Daydream

Postby VegSeekingFit » Wed Oct 26, 2022 8:14 pm

Hi Matcha!!! :-D

Like Daydream said, worry not about your protein on McD diet... You can still build muscle and plants have protein!!! :)

Check out this info from Dr. McD...

https://www.drmcdougall.com/education/n ... t-poultry/

Keep going with your exercise!!! You are inspiring!!!

Cheers,
Stephanie
VegSeekingFit

Postby Matcha » Fri Nov 04, 2022 1:06 pm

Hubby is researching dog breeders. He wants a puppy. i want a mature dog that will fit in with our empty nest lifestyle.

i tried a corset that i haven't used for a while. it fits better now that i am lighter. im going to do some waist training.

i slacked on exercise a bit but getting back into routine.

chin up bar, i can see over the bar now
cycle, for warm up
teeter, for back and blood flow
total gym, legs and stretching
tricep dips, i like these, hope i can rid arm fat
dumbbells, i started lifting them from heavy to light and that helps me avoid boredom and injury
kettle bell, for whole body, If i can use them well, i know my back is happy and strong enough. it varies.
rebounder. i think it gets the blood back down after the teeter cuz i'm slightly worried about eye pressure
weighted vest, i don't always use it, but i should, good for bones.

my arms look more toned but my daughter would probably think i look scrawny.

yesterday i watched a long video about a middle aged keto couple who did carnivore for 45 days. blood work review with Dr Cywes MD. i have always been curious about what the blood work would be like and what about constipation. they said fat and salt makes soft poop.
Matcha

Postby Matcha » Fri Nov 11, 2022 10:33 am

food and exercise is good.

i still think about how unfair my doggie's death was but i probably am not busy enough so i dwell on it.

Now i need to do house and cleaning improvement before the holidays. i start with the kitchen today.
Matcha

Postby VegSeekingFit » Fri Nov 11, 2022 8:51 pm

Hi Matcha!!!

Hope you are finding comfort...

So glad that your food / exercise is good. You are inspiring me with your exercise!!!

Take care,
Stephanie

P.S. I have some de-cluttering stuff planned still for this year too... :mrgreen:
VegSeekingFit

Postby Matcha » Sat Nov 12, 2022 1:01 pm

Hi Stephanie! :)

I am feeling better today. i thought about all the things I am freed up to do.

After 8 weeks, i am able to do one pull up and one chin up.
Matcha

Postby VegSeekingFit » Sun Nov 13, 2022 8:54 pm

Hey Matcha,

CONGRATS on the pull-up and chin-up!!! AWESOME!!!! :-D

Cheers,
Stephanie
VegSeekingFit

PreviousNext

Return to My Daily Menus & Journals