Stephanie's Journal - Moving Right Along

Share your daily McDougall menus and/or keep a journal describing your personal progress.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: Stephanie's Journal - Moving Right Along

Postby Starflower » Mon Jul 03, 2023 8:52 pm

Hi Stephanie! :)

I’m sorry you got hurt playing pickleball. Bruises and scrapes are an athlete’s badge of honor! I hope you’re healed up very soon.

Your blue nails must be beautiful!

I’m loving the pictures you post from your walks! Gorgeous!

Wishing you quick healing and a fun long weekend! :)
This journey is one of constant small adjustments. Nothing is ever static, no matter how long you've been eating this way. If something isn't working, you tweak it and make small changes until it works better.
- Wildgoose
Starflower

Postby bunsofaluminum » Wed Jul 05, 2023 9:40 am

Hey there,

Just skimmed through this page of your journal. LOVING the pictures. Especially the pics of good food, those rice bowls are amazing and remind me that I don't have to have bean burritos and corn for every meal LOL Which is the mindset that living in The Pleasure Trap instills.

ALSO, what inciteful questions about adherence burnout and other mental challenges of staying with this plan. I relate 100% to the "swimming upstream" thing, and get frustrated as well at not finding on-plan ANYTHING in restaurants. We're in it together.

GOING. TO. DO. IT.
JUST DON'T EAT IT

I heart my endothelial lining
by red squirrel

simple, humble food
by f00die

The rest is an industry looking to make a buck off my poor health
by Pamela, a FB user
bunsofaluminum

7/7 Time and Adherence Report

Postby VegSeekingFit » Fri Jul 07, 2023 9:08 pm

Hi Erin, :-D

Thanks for the healing wishes. Have been drilling for how best to respond to lobs --- so trying to drill out the instinct to run backward. Indoor playing is a great option when the air quality is poor and also for rain outs! Hope you have a great week!

Hi Starflower, :)

Thank you for your positive comments! My blue nails were great until they started to chip!!! Ha!!! I love taking pictures when walking --- just wish that some of the wildlife would let me get a great shot!! Hope you enjoy your week!

Hi Heidi, :-)

Good to see you. The rice bowls are amazing and I can’t stop eating them! We are in it together… Yes… Do IT!!! Awesome!!!

Hi Journal, :cool:

Hard to believe that we are already past the 4th of July – summer is moving fast!

Have had a great week – beautiful weather and lots of fun activities!

Friday Pickleball league is over next week – my partner and I are still undefeated which is pretty cool. We are planning to continue playing together and join the indoor fall league (we both have different partners for second summer league).

Had to take a pic of this Redwing blackbird who was dive-bombing my head during recent walk (along with his buddy). It was a bit nerve wracking.

Can’t believe it’s the same breakfast! Still loving it!

Had this lunch out with my buddy at California Pizza Kitchen. This was Banh Mi Power Bowl with NO chicken, NO dressing – it does include: Quinoa, spinach, cilantro, mint, red cabbage, fresh avocado, cucumber, carrot, bean sprouts, scallions, and sesame seeds. Served with serrano peppers. Not bad – I brought a small bottle of balsamic vinegar to dress it with. The avocado and sesame seeds are NOT MWL compliant.

ImageDid another solo walk at my favorite yellow trail… Got up super early on the 4th to get there before it turned 90 degrees...

Love native plants – these Black-eyed Susans are growing all over at the forest preserve.

Still journaling - here’s some more prompts – love using these ones about once a week to keep priorities at the forefront (and review how that’s gone).

Below is behavioral assessment that I will post for week of 7/7.

Hi Team Time & Adherence, :D

Happy July!!! Hope everyone’s month is off to a phenomenal start!

1 Start each meal with a soup and/or salad and/or fruit.
Sometimes.

2 Follow the 50/50 plate method for your meals, filling half your plate (by visual volume) with non-starchy vegetables and 50% (by visual volume) with minimally processed starches. Choose fruit for dessert.
Yes. Still going strong with the same simple meals - seeing no reason to change it up.

3 Greatly reduce or eliminate added sugars and added salts. This includes gourmet sugars and salts too. If either is troublesome for you, you can eliminate them.
Yes. Reduced, not eliminated.

4 Eliminate all animal foods (dairy, meat, eggs, fish, seafood).
Yes.

5 Eliminate all higher fat plant foods (i.e., nuts, seeds, avocados, tofu, soy).
No. Had about 1/3 avocado and sprinkle of sesame seeds on salad eaten out. I could have left the avocado on the plate – and plan to do that next time I encounter an avocado. Moving on – these are not “problem” foods for me / don’t put me in Pleasure Trap, etc. (Maybe if the avocado was in the form of guacamole, I would best not acknowledge it… :lol: )

6 Eliminate any added oil.
Yes.

7 Eliminate all higher calorie-dense foods including flour products (i.e., bread, bagels, muffins, crackers, dry cereals, cookies, cakes, puffed cereals, air-popped popcorn, and dried fruit).
Yes.

8 Don’t drink your calories especially from juices & sugar-sweetened beverages).
Yes.

9 Follow these principles, eating whenever you are hungry until you are comfortably full. Don't starve yourself and don't stuff yourself.
Yes. No stuffing and no starving.

10 Avoid being sedentary and aim for at least 30 minutes or more of moderate exercise daily (i.e., brisk walking).
Yes - 7 /7. Lots of walking and pickleball.

Victories, comments, concerns, questions:

Hope everyone has a fun and productive upcoming week!

Best,
Stephanie
I ❤️ the McDougall program!! It has given me a new lease on life.

Thankful for amazing people - McDs, JeffN, Mark, Tiffany, Goose!

https://www.drmcdougall.com/education/s ... ight-loss/
VegSeekingFit

7/14 Time and Adherence Report

Postby VegSeekingFit » Sat Jul 15, 2023 1:09 pm

Hi Journal, :)

Just going to share a few pictures and this week's behavioral assessment. Time is short this weekend! Have to eat lunch and go to pickleball mentoring. One other thing on pickleball --- finished local league last night. My partner and I lost our last match --- BUT we finished at #1 with 9-1 record. Pretty happy with that result and had a ton of fun. Next week starts Intermediate league...

The cygnets are growing fast! I love to check them out on my work walks.

Here is "to-go" food that I brought to a party over the weekend. Also brought some produce --- cotton candy grapes, Rainier cherries, and tri colored grape tomatoes. People enjoyed the produce - decimated!

Scored some fruit at the Butera. A Picasso melon and a golden dew. Both were delicious! They are getting me closer to my goal of "all of the melons"... :lol:

Still my favorite lunch. I bought a couple of heads of the Boston Butter Lettuce and it was amazing.

Canary melon!!! Also wonderful!

Below is behavioral assessment that I posted for week of 7/14.

Hi Team Time & Adherence, :D

Hope everyone is doing great! We’ve had some severe storms this week in Chicagoland interspersed with some amazing summer weather. There is a “meme” that is out there which may interest this group --- a picture from South Elgin, IL where you can see a tornado cloud and in the background is a long line in the Portillo’s drive-through --- even the tornado can’t stop folks from getting their burger or hot dog…

Sometimes. Really loving the melon right now and there are so many available at this time of year. My goal is to try them all!

2 Follow the 50/50 plate method for your meals, filling half your plate (by visual volume) with non-starchy vegetables and 50% (by visual volume) with minimally processed starches. Choose fruit for dessert.
Yes. Still same meals. Still love them.

3 Greatly reduce or eliminate added sugars and added salts. This includes gourmet sugars and salts too. If either is troublesome for you, you can eliminate them.

Yes.

5 Eliminate all higher fat plant foods (i.e., nuts, seeds, avocados, tofu, soy).
Yes.

Yes.

7 Eliminate all higher calorie-dense foods including flour products (i.e., bread, bagels, muffins, crackers, dry cereals, cookies, cakes, puffed cereals, air-popped popcorn, and dried fruit).
Yes.

8 Don’t drink your calories especially from juices & sugar-sweetened beverages).
Yes.

9 Follow these principles, eating whenever you are hungry until you are comfortably full. Don't starve yourself and don't stuff yourself.

10 Avoid being sedentary and aim for at least 30 minutes or more of moderate exercise daily (i.e., brisk walking).
Yes - 7 /7. Again, lots of walking and as much pickleball as possible!

I am excited to be participating in McD 12 Day that started yesterday. Feeling very uplifted, educated, empowered… so far participating in the program, and appreciative of having the opportunity for a “refresh” --- and that it takes place in the summer (YAY)!

Not sure if anyone else has this feeling --- but seems to me like this journey has multiple phases. For me, first getting the food and activity right --- then moving on to eliminating not healthy habits (maybe others do this first or simultaneously or don't have bad habits!). Now seems more the emotional or soul-searching side – like finding inner peace (or something like that).

Doing my metrics yesterday for the 12 day had me thinking a bit about the concept of Time & Adherence (and how health is positively impacted by these elements)… Following are my numbers – the second ones are from first day of November 2021 program (when I had been following MWL Checklist for about 6 months). Thought they were pretty good before, but now better… also lowered TC by about 40 points… Pretty amazing (to me anyway!). I do not know what my starting point was (prior to Nov 2021) in anything but weight (but I expect it wasn't good!).

BP : 93/ 65 …….110 / 73
Pulse : 52………..62
Weight : 115……129

Feeling really grateful for this group and appreciative of the community. Thanks so much. :)

Hope everyone has a wonderful week! :-D

Best,
Stephanie 

VegSeekingFit

7/21 Time and Adherence Report

Postby VegSeekingFit » Sat Jul 22, 2023 8:23 pm

Hi Journal! :D

Mostly pictures this week... here goes!

Here are three different lunches that I had this week. Totally still love the salad. The corn on the cob was also delicious!

Mid-week produce shop. Scored 3 melons. OMG --- FINALLY found the Sugar Kiss --- my favorite melon. Also, tried Summer Kiss which is a green cantaloupe – good, but can’t compete with the Sugar Kiss! Other is a regular cantaloupe which is also tasty!

Have been having an amazing week - off work taking the McD 12 Day and doing a lot of hiking and pickleball playing. Pretty phenomenal! I ate these potatoes in 2 meals with a salad and ½ melon --- was really hungry at first so filled up the plate (maybe more to shock my son! Ha!).

These are some pics from one of my hikes – around a manmade lake. The goose was seriously sleeping right on the trail!!! Lots of native plants to attract butterflies and bees. Love these fluffy cute ducklings! ❤️

I posted below to MWL thread for 7/21.

Hi Team Time & Adherence, :)

I missed posting for this week’s check in – but wanted to say HI to everyone and hope you all have an amazing week!

Thank you, Mark for your comments last week – very helpful! I am feeling great about food and exercise --- so, focusing on what Dr. Lim calls the “inner rail”… excited to see where that goes!

I did still assess my week against the checklist – 10 yes. I went out to eat with pickleball peeps after a tournament and remembered NOT to order the salad where they put on the avocado – so yay to that (got 2 dry baked potatoes and a salad with just mixed greens and tomatoes)!

The winning melon is Sugar Kiss. It’s a cantaloupe and if you can find them … buy a bunch – they are delicious!

Cheers,
Stephanie

VegSeekingFit

Re: 7/21 Time and Adherence Report

Postby Daydream » Sat Jul 22, 2023 8:51 pm

VegSeekingFit wrote:The winning melon is Sugar Kiss. It’s a cantaloupe and if you can find them … buy a bunch – they are delicious!

Stephanie, for the first time I recently tried a Sugar Kiss cantaloupe and it's the sweetest cantaloupe I've ever tasted!

I always enjoy seeing the pictures of your food. :)
Daydream

Postby bunsofaluminum » Wed Jul 26, 2023 8:48 am

Your pictures are so happy and wholesome. LOVE the food pics. Gives me cravings of the BEST kind :)
JUST DON'T EAT IT

I heart my endothelial lining
by red squirrel

simple, humble food
by f00die

The rest is an industry looking to make a buck off my poor health
by Pamela, a FB user
bunsofaluminum

7/28 Time and Adherence Report

Postby VegSeekingFit » Sat Jul 29, 2023 12:23 pm

Hi Daydream and Heidi – Thanks for dropping by! Appreciate kind comments! :-D

Daydream – Glad you discovered the Sugar Kiss! Isn’t it amazing?

Hi Journal, :)

Going to post some pictures --- surprise!! :lol:

Hiked the red trail this week which is beautiful. Found some wild black raspberries which were delicious – bonus snack! Lots of birds hanging out in the native plants – loved this bright yellow finch on bright yellow flower. Also, met this happy bee!

Typical breakfast. Love Mexican salad for lunch - had fresh corn on the cob (yum) and made some mango salsa in the pull chopper. Finally decided to have some whole wheat pasta – loving it 50/50 with salad. Maybe this is weird, but it is good!

Went to Farmers Market today – the corn on the cob, peaches, and tomatoes that I picked up are fantastic! Going to roast the purple cauliflower and maybe dip it in some hot sauce. Also, must share the label on the Sugar Kiss cantaloupe – this one is true! Try it!

The Cygnets are growing fast --- almost as big as their mama now!

Below is behavioral assessment that I will post for week of 7/28.

Hi Team Time & Adherence, ❤️

Happy Saturday! :)

Sometimes. Going to move this to a more consistent YES as I am sitting at top of maintenance range. I am still eating melons – they are delicious right now!

Yes. Loving the food – lots of oatmeal, brown rice, corn, beans, and potatoes. Some whole wheat pasta! Always with fruit and veggies.

Yes.

Yes.

Yes.

Yes.

Yes.

Yes - 7 /7. Mostly walking and pickleball – love them both. Started doing some foam rolling which has been mapping where I need to do more stretching. (Spoiler – most everywhere!)

Mark Thanks so much for your kind and patient weekly support!
Bambi – Congratulations on your retirement!!
Rebecka – Happy Plantiversary!! Hope that you are feeling better.
Gimmelean – Thanks for sharing on the hibiscus – going to give this a go.
Hi Starflower and Taters (also anyone else to come)!

I can’t believe it is almost August – summer is flying! Hope that everyone has a fantastic and successful week! :cool:

Best,
Stephanie

VegSeekingFit

Postby Starflower » Sat Jul 29, 2023 7:01 pm

OK, maybe they’re not a surprise, lol. I always look forward to your pictures, Stephanie. They’re a real bright spot! Thanks for sharing!

Wishing you a lovely week! :)
This journey is one of constant small adjustments. Nothing is ever static, no matter how long you've been eating this way. If something isn't working, you tweak it and make small changes until it works better.
- Wildgoose
Starflower

Postby Ejeff » Fri Aug 04, 2023 8:07 am

Stephanie, great photos as usual! I didn’t even notice the bird at the top of that branch until you pointed it out, great eye you’ve got. Thanks again for sharing your food and walk photos they are always so colourful and vibrant. Glad you are loving the food, I feel the same it’s all so delicious. I’ve been really enjoying cherries lately, but will try to find that melon you recommend too.

Have a great weekend, stay safe on the courts!

Erin
"The more disciplined your environment is, the less disciplined you need to be. Don't swim upstream."
Ejeff

08/04 Time & Adherence Report

Postby VegSeekingFit » Fri Aug 04, 2023 8:40 pm

Hey Starflower!! Ha -- yes, LOL on “surprise”!!!

Hi Erin! Hope you enjoy the Sugar Kiss if you find one! I’ve been loving the cherries too!!! Nothing beats summer fruit! (maybe eating it on the way to pickleball??)

Thank you both for dropping by!!! Appreciate your comments.

Hi Journal,

Happy Friday!!!

Trying to keep this short - 3 cool things from today:
* Played an intense and fun knock-down, drag out Pickleball match for league tonight. My partner and I won, but it was pretty evenly matched and went to three games.
* Scheduled a group litter clean-up event at our local forest preserve for mid-month. Expecting to recruit about 50 work peeps to help.
* I met a nice lady in recent McD program --- who I found out happens to live by one of my friends from Nov program. Got them in contact with each other and they met in person today and like each other… I feel like a McD matchmaker…

Here are a few pictures.

I seriously could eat this for lunch everyday forever. Couldn’t love it more – especially with fresh corn on the cob and tomatoes --- delicious!

Still eating oatmeal --- still liking some salad veggies first most days.

Roasted the purple cauliflower with some mushrooms to eat with plain nuked potatoes. Pretty!

This baby bunny is so adorable ❤️! Also spotted this bee hanging out on some bee balm.

Below is behavioral assessment that I will post for week of 8/4.

Happy August! Hope that everyone is doing great!

Frequently. Did not do for 4/21 meals. I am continuing to eat melons. Awesome, Mark, that you tried the Sugar Kiss and liked it!!! I have found a #2 favorite melon --- it is just called “Orange Melon” --- and looks like a honeydew but is orange on the inside. I honestly haven’t yet met a melon that I don’t like…

Yes. This week ate lots of oatmeal, brown rice, corn, beans, whole wheat pasta, and potatoes. Enjoyed with fruit and veggies.

Yes.

Yes.

Yes.

Yes.

Yes.

Mostly -6 /7. Still lots of walking and pickleball. Took a rest day.

« Deep summer is when laziness finds respectability.” – Sam Keen

Hope that everyone has a terrific week with some great food, exercise, sun and fun!

Cheers,
Stephanie

VegSeekingFit

08/11 Time & Adherence Report

Postby VegSeekingFit » Sat Aug 12, 2023 9:22 am

Keeping it short – lots of running around today, but mostly for fun things so it’s all good!

Image Lunch
Still happy eating very much the same meals. Tweaking the specific fruits and veggies each day. Seriously, the Farmers Market corn and tomatoes are incredible! Also loving pineapple and melons (still)! There are no more champagne mangoes to be found --- so that is a bit of a bummer.

Image Farmers Market
Everything from the Farmers Market is delicious! The peaches and cherries are amazing! There is only one corn, but I bought 18 ears.

Here is where the duck met the heron – saw them on a work walk.

Below is behavioral assessment that I will post for week of 8/11.

Hope that everyone had a wonderful week! A big Hi to Wildgoose and hope that Mark is enjoying his visit with family.

About 2/3 of the time. Dinner is usually the meal that I don’t preload – not usually as hungry for that meal.

Yes. Continuing to eat lots of oatmeal, brown rice, corn, beans, and potatoes with various fruit and veggies.

Yes.

Yes.

Yes.

Yes.

Yes.

Mostly -6 /7 (same as last week). Primarily walking and pickleball. Took a complete rest day and have been playing a bit less pickleball as I am working through plantar fasciitis --- which is doing really well with some foot exercises, ice, and a bit of a break.

Really ❤️ the post that Mark shared last week on F1Jim’s keys to 10 years of success. Lots of knowledge and inspiration to take away from this discussion! Additionally, I think it is a travesty that society doesn’t support (financially or emotionally) this way of life that has proven to be so successful in dramatically transforming health. Beyond continuing to march forward, not sure if there is any opportunity to be a catalyst for change.

This week I heard the “siren song” of the snack cabinet at night a couple of times. I have not answered the song…. But some days one side of my brain thinks a dry salty snack would be a splendid idea – BOO to that. I can pinpoint what is causing it --- a bit of feeling sorry for myself (not a good look) on a doozy of a project I just got assigned where I am trying to figure out how to manage delivery within the inherent constraints.

Otherwise, feeling great about continuing to harmonize my behaviors to my core values and allocate time / energy accordingly. Have finished reading The Untethered Soul which was phenomenal and am exploring other activities in the mindfulness space.

I appreciate this group --- the support and the sharing are invaluable. :D

Wishing everyone an incredible week ahead!

Cheers,
Stephanie

VegSeekingFit

08/18 Time & Adherence Report

Postby VegSeekingFit » Sat Aug 19, 2023 12:57 pm

Hi Journal! :)

Again, I am running short on time… just got done playing a couple of hours of pickleball with about 12 of us and have my pb mentoring session coming up at 3. To take a shower or just change clothes? Hmm… HA! :lol:

This has been a great week! Lots of time hanging with family in these last lazy days of summer. I have an outing planned with my gf tomorrow – wanted to go hiking but she loves casinos – so that’s something I haven’t done in years and will likely mostly be walking around people watching . A group of work folks cleaned up the forest preserve on Wednesday and the weather was beautiful! Have finished the summer session Pickle Spears and placed well, excited to be signed up again for the fall. Also, found another new partner for the next 2 sessions of the park district league. My current partner is great and I’m still drilling with her, but she doesn’t like the lack of organization in that league… I just want to play!! I guess it’s all about pickleball --- doing my first non-club tournament in early September.

I am going to be making starchy soups for dinner – have mainly been eating potatoes lately for the warmer weather. My plan for the next 2 weeks is: B = oatmeal and fruit, L = brown rice, corn, fruit and veggies, D = Soup (whatever one!) with veggies and fruit (depending on how hungry I am for D), Snacks (if any) = soup with veggies and fruit (depending on hunger) --- I usually don’t snack, but we will see.

I am also looking to see if the change to soup will have any impact on my weight. I am a few pounds over my desired range lately. My thyroid has gone wonky and now it should theoretically be stable with small dose of meds (is now within normal per bloodwork). I really love what I eat so don’t want to make any big changes and am not really in any hurry to lose a couple of pounds --- I fit in my clothes!! So, a big TBD here – just to see how it goes.

I also have been kicking around the idea of working with a trainer in the fall / winter --- this would help me to regularly do the strength training!!! I really love walking and pickleball is a joy --- so mainly need some accountability on the other fitness aspects. I have started looking around and am completely avoiding any who advertises nutritional counseling with training --- also avoiding anything smelling of boot camp.

These are the breakfasts that I will continue to eat.

Still love these lunches and will continue to eat them!

I made soup for the first time in a long time (as I was eating it all the time for many, many months)! This is Pomi tomatoes and water with onion, carrots, potatoes, kale, and garlic. Pretty simple and delicious!

Did my favorite yellow trail yesterday. Now that I go by myself, can do this much more often! Loved snacking on some of these wild raspberries - yum!

Below is behavioral assessment that I will post for week of 8/18.

Hi Team Time & Adherence, :cool:

Happy end of August!

Still about 2/3 of the time. Dinner is usually the meal that I don’t preload – not usually as hungry for that meal.

Yes. Continuing to eat lots of oatmeal, brown rice, corn, beans, and potatoes with various fruit and veggies. Planning to eat lots of starchy soup over the next week also!

Yes.

Yes.

Yes.

Yes.

Yes.

Mostly -6 /7 (same as last week). Lots of walking and pickleball. I maybe didn’t need to take a rest day again. I have to remember that I can go to the gym and swim or ride a bike if my feet hurt.

Waving “hi” to all and hope Mark is enjoying his vacation!

Bambi – I am with you on not wanting to backslide. Let’s keep going!

Starflower – hope that your foot is better quickly!

Rebecka – I agree with your sentiment about the food world we live in being so challenging – especially as you try to teach your kids to eat healthy. I am also eager to hear any thoughts here.

Holly – Wishing you the best as you pick up and get back on track. You CAN do it!!! You are the queen of PL soup!

Gimmelean Your fig trees sound amazing!

Thanks, Wildgoose for great comments last week! Appreciate you sharing the link and your thoughts around JeffN’s fantastic thread around long-term MWL adherence in light of Doug Lisle’s podcast. I found the whole response fascinating and optimistic for a healthy way forward for anyone so inclined. I am still processing all of the information contained within. In a nutshell, I really like Jeff’s thought of increasing the starchy portion of the plate to increase the calorie density of the overall diet as opposed to making other changes. Also, appreciate how you mentioned Mary’s slow cooker pintos! Personally, I don’t want to trigger the Pleasure Trap so prefer to keep to the MWL approved foods and at times have adjusted the starch portion up a bit --- mainly potatoes --- loving them in the form of fries.

Hope that everyone has an incredible week and can take advantage of enjoying the last bits of summer!

Cheers,
Stephanie

VegSeekingFit

Actual vs Plan Eating & Exercise Day 1-3

Postby VegSeekingFit » Sun Aug 20, 2023 7:33 pm

Hey Journal! :)

Love these sunflowers! So bright and cheery...

Keeping track here of results for the next 14 days as compared to my intentions. Going to post periodically as I have a chance.

Plan

B - Oatmeal, fruit, veggies
L- Brown rice, corn, veggies, fruit
D- Starchy soup with veggies and / or fruit
Snacks (if any) = same as D
Exercise at least 30 minutes each day for 14/14 - use the pool or ride bike, if needed

Friday -
Yes - 100% aligned with plan

Saturday -
Sorta, kinda... Hmm... so, I didn't have much time to eat lunch and switched contents of lunch and dinner.
OK in spirit...
Definitely overachieved on the exercise, but it was tons of fun... :D

Sunday -
Yes, on plan. The day is not technically over, but I don't foresee any wrinkles here...

Here is a breakfast and a lunch --- looking like my last few months of the same! :lol:

Enjoy your week!!

Cheers,
Stephanie

VegSeekingFit

Actual vs Plan Eating & Exercise Day 4-5

Postby VegSeekingFit » Tue Aug 22, 2023 7:48 pm

So, just moving along with the starchy soup for dinner concept and not skipping a day on the minimum daily 30 min. exercise.

Monday and Tuesday are on plan. I did have a snack on Monday - cup of McD black bean soup. Exercise is 5/5. Getting up early tomorrow to walk as we are scheduled to have excessive heat to the tune of the park district has cancelled all outside activities for tomorrow and Thursday.

Going into work tomorrow and expecting it will be like the Wild West with our first week of no assigned workspaces for anyone. ;)

Planning an outing with my son on Friday - so may modify my plan for lunch to potato vs. starchy salad since it is more portable. TBD.

Monday Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner. OMG --- mango for a preload --- just seems too delicious to be compliant... :cool:

Tuesday Breakfast and Lunch. Dinner looked exactly the same as Monday.

Grocery haul today! Bought some black pluots last week and they were so good --- had to buy more!

Picture from my walk. This is expected to be the future home of the Chicago Bears - they are demolishing Arlington Park.

That's all I've got!

Cheers,
Stephanie

VegSeekingFit

PreviousNext

Return to My Daily Menus & Journals