Another Try

Share your daily McDougall menus and/or keep a journal describing your personal progress.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Another Try

Postby toad » Fri Jul 21, 2023 12:48 pm

I'm going to stick to this diet as a 6 month experiment. See what it does, and if my health improves. Need to keep accountable somewhere, so here I go.

I change my mind a lot about things, but sticking this out 6 months will be good for me, even if I don't improve, but sounds like I will if I stick to it.

I am probably pre-diabetic, sure I have metabolic syndrome because my gut and waistline is hugest part of my body. But my legs and arms are large themselves.

I am sure I have metabolic syndrome because I look like it. I am obese and weigh 265 to start. My highest weight. Am 5'5, was 5'6 so my height changed with time. I am 46 and female.

Took a before today, will do a before and after once I am done with 6 months.
toad

Re: Another Try

Postby Starflower » Fri Jul 21, 2023 1:44 pm

Good for you! Committing for six months is a smart plan. Have a lovely weekend! :)
This journey is one of constant small adjustments. Nothing is ever static, no matter how long you've been eating this way. If something isn't working, you tweak it and make small changes until it works better.
- Wildgoose
Starflower

Postby Daydream » Fri Jul 21, 2023 3:25 pm

Toad, it will help you to succeed if you get rid of all the junk food (or tempting non-compliant food). Give it away or throw it out. I wish you all the best with your experiment!
Daydream

Postby VegSeekingFit » Sat Jul 22, 2023 8:08 pm

Hi Toad, :)

Hope you are doing great!

Agree 100% with Daydream on cleaning out all of the non-compliant food. Much harder to eat it if it isn't in your house...

Also, helps me to have lots of starch ready to eat --- like cook a big tray of potatoes or sweet potatoes, make a big pot of brown rice, etc. and just put it in refrigerator for when you get hungry.

Best,
Stephanie
I ❤️ the McDougall program!! It has given me a new lease on life.

Thankful for amazing people - McDs, JeffN, Mark, Tiffany, Goose!

https://www.drmcdougall.com/education/s ... ight-loss/
VegSeekingFit

Return to My Daily Menus & Journals