Hello !!

For questions or comments about health, diseases, exercise or weight.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Hello !!

Postby Recipe Junkie » Tue Oct 24, 2006 5:11 pm

Help, I've never posted in my life!! New experiences make life worthwhile. I've been reading the post for a few weeks as a guest and love Dr. McDougall's website. I hope it saves my life. Until last fall I had not ever had any health problems. I started going downhill fast and developed polymyalgia rheumatica with giant cell arteritis and had to go on large doses of predinsone. Then they told me I had rheumatoid arthritis and added a large does of methotrexate, plaquenil,sulfazine and lately enbrel. Well 10 months later my liver is damaged from the drugs. I discovered Dr McDougall's site a few weeks ago when I was on the rice diet from Duke Univ. site. They said anything McDougall had to offer was great. I cleaned out my cabinets today and plan to start Monday. I hope I can live a drug free...pain free.. life with a little help from some fellow McDougallers!!!!! You all sound like a GREAT GROUP of people. Looking forward to the future and the adventure !!!
Recipe Junkie

You have come the the right place!

Postby BUNBUNLVR » Tue Oct 24, 2006 5:31 pm

The people here are wonderful and supportive. I've done lots of lurking here over the past few years (and a little posting) and can tell you I have witnessed lots of success stories and strong supportive encouragement whenever needed.

As for your health issues and concerns, McDougalling is exactly what you need. I know you will be feeling increasingly better each day you McDougall. Soon you will feel amazing! :)

Hang in there and know we're all here for you! :thumbsup:
~BUNBUNLVR ;)

I've been a McDougaller for over 3 years now and I feel great...physically, emotionally, mentally, spiritually...McDougalling influences every part of life in a positive way! :)
BUNBUNLVR

Thanks BUNBUNLVR

Postby Recipe Junkie » Tue Oct 24, 2006 6:10 pm

Thanks for the welcome. I'm glad your doing well. :-P
Recipe Junkie

Welcome to the board Recipe Junkie ...

Postby Sunny » Tue Oct 24, 2006 8:56 pm

Glad you are here :-D
Several weeks ago I was diagnosed with Osteoarthritis which is not as serious as your arthritis, I believe. I was instructed to start taking anti-inflammation meds too. :mad: I absolutely refused and decided that I would follow McDougalling strictly and within a week I had no more pain, no more swelling :D It works .... :-D

Before I forget ... go to the Star McDougaller's page and read the stories, they are very inspiring :) Go to the main page and then click on Star McDougaller's to read their stories :-P
All the Best,
Sunny
MWL 99.9% 12 Day .1 % Always McDougall
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sunny

Postby groundhogg » Wed Oct 25, 2006 7:42 am

Welcome! Diet is by far the best treatment for most diseases! ALso, if you are attempting to allow your liver to heal, you might want to read about milk thistle extract, or silymarin (it's spelled something like that), which has an established reputation in liver repair.

Read up on or ask a pharmacist about if you think it might be of help.

Good health to you!
groundhogg

Postby noodle » Wed Oct 25, 2006 8:55 am

Welcome Recipe Junkie! I'm so glad you are here and are going to be McDougalling. Everyone here is helpful and friendly. Jump in and enjoy!
noodle

Thanks for making me feel welcome!

Postby Recipe Junkie » Wed Oct 25, 2006 11:42 am

BUNBUNLVR, Sunny, Groundhogg, and Noodle, thanks for responding and making me feel so welcome. I hope that I can post a success story and help welcome newcomers!
Recipe Junkie

Re: Thanks for making me feel welcome!

Postby BUNBUNLVR » Wed Oct 25, 2006 11:58 am

Recipe Junkie wrote:BUNBUNLVR, Sunny, Groundhogg, and Noodle, thanks for responding and making me feel so welcome. I hope that I can post a success story and help welcome newcomers!

Recipe Junkie, you are very welcome and I know success is yours and you will be a great inspiration for future newcomers! :thumbsup: :)
~BUNBUNLVR ;)

I've been a McDougaller for over 3 years now and I feel great...physically, emotionally, mentally, spiritually...McDougalling influences every part of life in a positive way! :)
BUNBUNLVR

Postby Sunny » Wed Oct 25, 2006 12:07 pm

[size=24]You are Welcome Recipe Junkie, if we all stick together we can do this :D [/size]
All the Best,
Sunny
MWL 99.9% 12 Day .1 % Always McDougall
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sunny

Postby Bri » Wed Oct 25, 2006 1:04 pm

Welcome Recipe Junkie! Everyone has been so helpful and encouraging on the board. I look forward to hearing about your experiences with healing as you McDougall. I know so many people have been helped and the Star McDougaller stories are inspiring.
Bri

McDougalling for both health and weight loss
Bri

Return to Health Issues