Yeah :) I have no sunless tanning lotion in my blood

For questions or comments about health, diseases, exercise or weight.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Yeah :) I have no sunless tanning lotion in my blood

Postby nine9s » Tue Nov 07, 2006 1:00 pm

First, for introductions, I used to post as Roger, a few times, on the old board.

If my company makes me pay for it, it will not be so funny (we get $500 wellness check benefits a year.) As par of general blood work screening, I requested that the level of my DHA (docosahexaenoic acid), the acid into which your body converts omega 3 fatty acids, be checked.

I got the results back and was concerned when I read "non-detected" next to the DHA reading. Then I saw it checked for dihydroxyacetone, which also uses the DHA acronym but instead of the essential fatty acid, it is the active ingredient in sunless tanning lotions.
nine9s

Re: Yeah :) I have no sunless tanning lotion in my blood

Postby Sandie » Tue Nov 07, 2006 11:52 pm

nine9s wrote:First, for introductions, I used to post as Roger, a few times, on the old board.

If my company makes me pay for it, it will not be so funny (we get $500 wellness check benefits a year.) As par of general blood work screening, I requested that the level of my DHA (docosahexaenoic acid), the acid into which your body converts omega 3 fatty acids, be checked.

I got the results back and was concerned when I read "non-detected" next to the DHA reading. Then I saw it checked for dihydroxyacetone, which also uses the DHA acronym but instead of the essential fatty acid, it is the active ingredient in sunless tanning lotions.

Sorry but this is funny! :-D I hope they don't make you pay for it seeing as it was their mix-up!
Have a great day!!
Sandie

http://www.geocities.com/sandieb101/Menu2.html

~ Although I need to lose more, I'm taking baby steps with small goals! ~
Sandie

Return to Health Issues