Arthritis ...

For questions or comments about health, diseases, exercise or weight.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Arthritis ...

Postby Sunny » Thu Oct 19, 2006 7:00 pm

I have not had any more pain from arthritis or swelling since strictly following the program. I am so happy. :D
Sunny

Congratulations -- and "strictly" is the right wor

Postby Burgess Laughlin » Thu Oct 19, 2006 7:23 pm

Congratulations both on following the program strictly and on getting rid of the pain. Few people do what you have done: Follow the guidelines.

I have met many people who say they follow a program, and then do so only halfway -- and later say the experiment didn't work! They are only cheating themselves.

From my own experience, I can offer additional hope: The longer you stay with the McDougall Program diet, the better the results will be. The most dramatic results may appear at first, but I continued to feel better and better, even though the later improvements were slower.
Burgess Laughlin

following the program

Postby Mrs. Doodlepunk » Thu Oct 19, 2006 7:39 pm

Burgess, your post made me laugh because it made me think of someone I know. This person borrowed one of my books, read it, and now goes around telling people she is "McDougalling" but it doesn't work. She is still using skim milk on her cereal and coffee, eats chicken and fish, and hates vegetables. :oops:

You are so right that few people follow the guidelines! I keep reading the MWL book over again and learn something new each time.
It IS the food! :unibrow:
(... do these earrings make my butt look big?)
Mrs. Doodlepunk

Hi Burgess...

Postby Sunny » Thu Oct 19, 2006 11:05 pm

Thank You Burgess, I have read your story and I enjoy your posts, you always have great information. You have been an inspiration to alot of us.
It is great to not have swelling or pain, I'm sticking with it this time. :-)
Sunny

Postby D'vorah » Sun Oct 22, 2006 8:50 pm

Burgess, it's good to see you here. I had appreciated your recent round of posts under the old format, and want to share your information and story with my daughter who suffers migraines.

Deborah
D'vorah

RA for 26 yrs

Postby koogle » Sun Oct 29, 2006 2:35 pm

:?

Hi , I'm new to this site and am looking for alternatives to my current RA trmnt plan. I'm so confused on what program to try! Dr Don Colbert, Halleujah diet, Mcdougall, and Ted Broer, it's all so much to process. My family mbrs are total meat eaters and I know I would need support to try the 12 day program. I'd like to talk to someone who has struggled with RA for years and found permanant or significant relief using this program. I have the 12 day program book and a couple of the cook books already.
Koogle
koogle

Star McDougallers

Postby Grateful » Sun Oct 29, 2006 4:03 pm

There were several "star McDougallers" who improved drastically from this program. If you click on drmcdougall.com above, I think it takes you to his main page and then you should see the articles. I, myself, have had tremendous relief and non-progression in my degenerative joint disease symptoms in the 12 years I've been a McDougaller. And my doctor had told me it would progress and I'd be begging for an operation to get relief from pain!!
Grateful

To Koogle~~~

Postby Sunny » Mon Oct 30, 2006 7:27 am

I copied the reply from another threat to you here it is:

Welcome to the board ~~~

In my opinion after reading about the Hallelujah diet, it doesn't sound like something you would do long term.
The McDougall Plan is not a diet it is a change in lifestyle. Read the archived newletters and Star McDougaller's stories, you will find alot of helpful information regarding RA and how many have been helped.
I think this is your best bet. Hope to see you posting here on a regular basis.
I have had no pain since I am following McD. strictly, I have Osteoarthritis and caught it early. It doesn't seem to be as severe as RA is, but I know from reading here the McDougall plan has helped alot of people with their pain and swelling. :-D
All the Best,
Sunny
MWL 99.9% 12 Day .1 % Always McDougall
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sunny

RA

Postby koogle » Mon Oct 30, 2006 8:42 am

:)

Thanks for the encouragement Sunny. I've read about the star mcdougallers before but there's nothing like 1 on 1 communication. The hallelujah diet just doesn't seem practical for me. Any tips on the best way to get started eliminating meat and processed foods? What about protein replacement?
Koogle
koogle

Postby Sunny » Mon Oct 30, 2006 1:09 pm

The McDougall plan provides enough protein and no matter what else you
need. If you read the 12-day plan you will find all the answers you need.
Our bodies only need a certain amount of protein the rest is waste that our body has to get rid of, it's alot of hard work on the organs.
As far as getting started ... like I tell everyone have food prepared ahead of time it works great. You will find your taste buds will change and so will
your need for eating SAD foods.
All the Best,
Sunny
MWL 99.9% 12 Day .1 % Always McDougall
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sunny

Return to Health Issues