Bempedoic Acid

For questions or comments about health, diseases, exercise or weight.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Bempedoic Acid

Postby gerigirlpdx » Wed Mar 24, 2021 5:08 pm

I do understand this is not a forum for personal medical advice. However, I am very interested in the perspective of the team on the use of Bempedoic Acid to lower LDL-C in those of us with familial hypercholestremia who are intolerant to other cholesterol lowering medicines, like, statins, ezetimibe, and PCSK9 inhibitors.

Can you talk to the science and the best practices to date especial using in tandem with a strict WFPB eating plan and high level of exercise and a normal height weight ratio.

Thanks so much. New to the site and the forum. Love it so far.

gerigirlpdx
gerigirlpdx

Re: Bempedoic Acid

Postby michaelswarm » Wed Mar 24, 2021 9:34 pm

Check out this article from the McDougall Newsletter about treating cholesterol with diet, natural remedies and medications.

https://www.drmcdougall.com/misc/2002nl ... sterol.htm

Appears Bempedoic Acid was very recently (2020) approved for use. You may want to try to email Dr McDougall directly.

I would focus on time and adherence to the McDougall Plan, and measure results from blood tests, before considering medications. My total cholesterol lowered from 255 to 165 through diet alone.
michaelswarm

Re: Bempedoic Acid

Postby DanG » Sun Sep 18, 2022 6:37 am

Jeff,
In this month's article Gugulipid is still listed as a recommended Natural Cholesterol Lowering Medication. Please clarify.
https://www.drmcdougall.com/articles/in ... -treat-it/
DanG

Return to Health Issues