Carbohydrate restriction due to diabetes

For questions or comments about health, diseases, exercise or weight.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Carbohydrate restriction due to diabetes

Postby Susanrice » Sun Jul 11, 2021 4:07 pm

I have to keep my carbohydrate consumption under 30 g per meal or else my blood sugar was sky high and I’m having trouble doing that and not starving. How can I get some help with meal planning in this regard?
Susanrice

Re: Carbohydrate restriction due to diabetes

Postby CindyD » Mon Jul 12, 2021 10:48 am

I am not a doctor.
But, a recent podcast I listened to explained the reason it seems that carbs are the problem. (They aren't! But it seems like they are AT FIRST if you are coming from a higher fat diet). The person interviewed is Cyrus Khambatta, one of the founders of the Mastering Diabetes program. He has a PHD from Stanford in Nutritional Biochemistry, and the explanation is in answering a question about why Keto can seem to show good results in people for a certain number of months, but actually does longterm damage to the body. In any case, the interview with Chef AJ is here:

Why Carbs are Actually the Answer to Reversing Diabetes, Interview with Cyrus Khambatta, PHD
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zBmNe6borZY

I hope you can find a doctor who has been trained in nutrition. Most doctors have little to no training in nutrition, and there is a lot of profit to be made keeping people on drugs and doing expensive procedures. Many, many people have had excellent results with the Mastering Diabetes program.

You may also want to schedule a consultation with Dr. McDougall or one of the other doctors he works with. Good luck!
CindyD

Re: Carbohydrate restriction due to diabetes

Postby JeffN » Mon Jul 12, 2021 11:26 am

Susanrice wrote:I have to keep my carbohydrate consumption under 30 g per meal or else my blood sugar was sky high and I’m having trouble doing that and not starving. How can I get some help with meal planning in this regard?

Dr McDougall has been working with, treating and reversing T2DB for over 40 years in a clinical setting.

You can read all about our approach to diabetes and why we recommend a diet based on intact starches, here...

https://www.drmcdougall.com/articles/co ... /diabetes/

Take your time and read through the information and the success stories. As you will learn "carbs" per-see, are not the problem.

In Health
Jeff
JeffN

Return to Health Issues