Distended stomach

For questions or comments about health, diseases, exercise or weight.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Distended stomach

Postby Sandyrella » Sun Mar 13, 2022 7:48 am

Any thoughts on why my stomach is larger since eating WFPB? I don’t feel bloated and gas has not increased. I have been eating a mostly vegan diet for over 2 years, small amounts of eggs, cheese and chicken. Began strictly WFPB two weeks ago. I’ve lost a couple pounds but my stomach is just big. I’ve been careful not to overeat nuts or avocados. Also, minimal oil and low salt.
Sandyrella

Re: Distended stomach

Postby Matcha » Sun May 15, 2022 11:31 am

are you getting excellent bowl movement? i find when i eat more green leafy greens my abdomen is flatter. i think we are all different and it helps to adjust your portion to suit you.
Matcha

Re: Distended stomach

Postby zoeyfour » Mon Aug 15, 2022 9:57 pm

This happens to me too. I am wondering if you found the cause of this? I have excellent BMs. I am 100% compliant. My stomach is not only distended, but hard too. I tried to consciously chew my food more, and eat slowly, but it had no effect on this problem. It actually put me off plan before. When I started again, same thing- within about 2 weeks, the hard, extended stomach. I never ate many animal products to begin with. My problem was processed and sweet food-like substances. I am quite overweight, and usually my stomach area is soft (covered with fat).
zoeyfour

Return to Health Issues