I eat a WFPB diet but have mental health issues

For questions or comments about health, diseases, exercise or weight.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

I eat a WFPB diet but have mental health issues

Postby KillSwitch » Wed Mar 16, 2022 9:02 am

I have struggled with severe anxiety and panic attacks for decades. I am almost 60 years old now. Talk therapy, CBT...things like that do not seem to help at all. Things got so bad until I finally consented back to medication. Is there anyone here who struggles with similar issues? Please, I would just like to talk and compare notes so to speak on meds you have tried, what works, what does not work, etc. I would really appreciate the dialogue from anyone in a similar situation who would not mind talking about it please.

I do exercise and meditate daily along with eating the WFPB diet,

Thank you--
KillSwitch

Re: I eat a WFPB diet but have mental health issues

Postby toad » Fri May 20, 2022 2:09 pm

I have mental health issues, (schizoaffective) medications does rid me of psychosis and takes the edge off depression/anxiety, but i still experience it. in evenings but it's hard for me to withdrawal from medications if I want to try, I would need professional help.
Working out is suppose to help with mental health issues, but I think if you have a mental disorder you might want to try to do intense workouts, don't think a walk here or there really works for me.
depression can be caused by a lot of reasons, I know I have a genetic predisposition to my disorder because it runs strongly in my family.
toad

Return to Health Issues