was told protein too low

For questions or comments about health, diseases, exercise or weight.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

was told protein too low

Postby lionandlamb » Wed Jul 20, 2022 7:58 am

I am in the Care Oncology Clinic (COC) protocol for about 3 months now. Am 2 years NED for follicular lymphoma. I just got a report back from them and this was one of the recommendations: "Add animal protein (evidence of protein malnutrition with low total protein, low RBC and high MCH)". I am shocked and disgusted and I told them so. They are archaic. And in my application I told them I was a vegan. So much for individual attention. They are another cancer mill, just online. The only reason I will stay with them is because I want to continue with the off-label drugs, and I haven't found any other doctor who will prescribe them.

My total protein is 6.5, still within range. Can someone tell me if I really need to get more protein? Plus I don't understand -- if protein/glutamine is one of cancer's feeding pathways, why would it be advised to increase it?
"In their behavior toward creatures, all men are Nazis. Human beings see oppression vividly when they're the victims. Otherwise they victimize blindly and without a thought." Isaac Bashevis Singer, author, Nobel Prize 1978
lionandlamb

Return to Health Issues