Update The Documentary?

For questions or comments about health, diseases, exercise or weight.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Update The Documentary?

Postby Shaari » Thu Jul 21, 2022 7:25 am

Hello. I'm an RN in a hospital. I frequently suggest that my patients watch Forks Over Knives in hopes that they will finally see that diet can aid in enhancing their health. Now that plant based diets are becoming more and more popular, I believe a refresh of this documentary could make a huge difference. I love the documentary but it seems a little outdated. People are drawn to and their attention is held with the most up-to-date info and modernity.

And while I have the ear of some like-minded people, it is so frustrating seeing so many patients with diabetes and heart disease and COPD visit the hospital so frequently that we know each other by name. It is so frustrating to watch doctors talk about interventions and neglect to educate patients about diet. One day after bedside rounding with one cardiologist, knowing full well the answer, I asked how this 44 year old patient could already have his second MI. "Well his triglycerides are off the charts," he said. "So it is diet," I retorted. He did admit that plant based diet is the best way to go but he himself was on a Keto diet. OMG! Sometimes I just want to throw my hands up and give up. I can't comprehend how we have all this research and the medical community is not doing more to prevent disease with diet education. I will continue to recommend Forks Over Knives to patients but think about doing a refresh or maybe a sequel.

Thanks for listening,
Shaari
Shaari

Re: Update The Documentary?

Postby VeggieSue » Thu Jul 21, 2022 9:06 am

Why not tell the good folks over on the Forks over Knives website what you told us here. I'm sure they'll appreciate it.

https://www.forksoverknives.com/contact-us/
VeggieSue

Return to Health Issues