Glaucoma Eye Drops

For questions or comments about health, diseases, exercise or weight.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Glaucoma Eye Drops

Postby S.Cortez49 » Tue Sep 20, 2022 6:44 am

Hi, hope all is well, I have glaucoma and I'm on a topical carbonic anhydrase inhibitor/beta blocker eye drop, which no matter which one prescribed all contain preservatives/ingredients that are triggering systemic autoimmune issues assisting my body to fight against itself no matter how healthy I'm eating. Has anyone been through or heard of this occurrence? Any suggestions? Thank You
S.Cortez49

Re: Glaucoma Eye Drops

Postby WantingChange » Tue Jun 27, 2023 3:05 pm

I also have glaucoma, diagnosed approx. 6 years ago. Went on every eye drop they have, and had major side effects on all. So for the past 5.5 years I no longer take any eye drops and according to my ophthalmologist, a teaching doctor, my eye sight has stayed steady without them. I also went off all heart meds about the same time because of internal bleeding, etc. and have had no incidents since then. Not to recommend this to you, but going plant based, I believe has helped but I continue to struggle with sweets. :( Since I've never seen anything in any of the FOK materials, have all the videos, books, tapes and nothing touches eye problems, so if any doctor on the forum has any suggestions, please advise. I take mega vitamins for both my eyes and heart now. :nod:
WantingChange

Re: Glaucoma Eye Drops

Postby DynoDan » Wed Jun 28, 2023 11:03 am

Just curious, but with these reports of Rx. drug glaucoma treatment side effects, and the changing medical/legal climate, I have to wonder what research might have been accomplished re: isolation of whatever cannabinoids are likely responsible for the reputed lowering of interocular pressure (?). Though while natural/plant-based, whole medical cannabis could still contain pesticides, growth regulators, etc., not to mention the numerous unwanted effects associated with classic consumption methods.
DynoDan

Return to Health Issues