Inflammation-Protein, Plant vs Animal

For questions or comments about health, diseases, exercise or weight.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Inflammation-Protein, Plant vs Animal

Postby Gwiggles » Fri Oct 21, 2022 12:27 pm

Hello all,
Is plant protein as inflammatory as animal protein? I added some powdered peanut and rice proteins to my breakfast yesterday, and today--WOW--my muscles are really hurting, more than usual. I know these powdered items are not great, but I wanted to try adding more protein.
Thanks in advance,
Gwen
Gwiggles

Re: Inflammation-Protein, Plant vs Animal

Postby Ejeff » Sat Oct 22, 2022 8:48 am

From what I have read, you are correct, plant protein is not as inflammatory. But protein powders are highly processed and should be avoided. Your body seems to agree and I would stop all powders immediately with that type of pain response.

Just curious why you wanted to try adding more protein? It’s very likely you are getting enough protein if you are eating enough whole food calories. Pretty much everything we eat has some protein, potatoes, pasta, beans.

Hope your pain is gone quickly once you stop the powders.

Erin
"The more disciplined your environment is, the less disciplined you need to be. Don't swim upstream."
Ejeff

Re: Inflammation-Protein, Plant vs Animal

Postby Gwiggles » Sat Oct 22, 2022 1:17 pm

Yes, Erin.....the pain has subsided. I was buying into the 'more protein' jargin, but I need to just relax and feel good about eating whole foods.
Thanks
Gwiggles

Return to Health Issues