mammogram

For questions or comments about health, diseases, exercise or weight.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

mammogram

Postby marian » Mon Dec 04, 2006 7:32 pm

Ok I wish I hadn't gone and had a mammogram. Hopefully this will be nothing. Anyone ever had breast calcifications? I have to go back and have another mammogram in two days. Of course I already have one foot in the grave. That is just me.
marian

Postby hope101 » Tue Dec 05, 2006 7:40 am

Yup, and it is sure freaky. You can get calcifications from fibrocystic breast disease too, or in my case, surgical scars from an abscess. Hang in there. It is likely they just need a closer look.
hope101

Yes

Postby AnnaS » Tue Dec 05, 2006 10:35 am

I had this--I had to go back and get a zillion new xrays until they told me it was nothing. After that experience, I was so angry with this technology I made up my mind to boycott mammograms. That was BEFORE I read Dr. McDougall's writings, as well as other critics, which is basically that these screening procedures might be causing more harm than good. It makes me feel a lot better about my decision to forego these tests, that so many doctors and scientists are raising convincing concerns about them.
AnnaS

Return to Health Issues