My Daily "Weighing in"

Share your daily McDougall menus and/or keep a journal describing your personal progress.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: My Daily "Weighing in"

Postby Ejeff » Sun Apr 10, 2022 9:39 am

Squealcat, I agree Jim summed it up so well. I’m planning to refer to that regularly also. :-D

Erin
"The more disciplined your environment is, the less disciplined you need to be. Don't swim upstream."
Ejeff

Postby squealcat » Mon Apr 11, 2022 6:19 pm

Exercise: Walked 3 miles today ! It felt amazing ! Weather was perfect, sunny, breezy !

Breakfast: steel cut oats, blueberries (I have been eating more oats in the morning than I used to. I was getting SO hungry after an hour so I stepped it up and have been eating probably a cup and a half ? Anyway, it made a difference ! Today I wasn't hungry until 3:30 !
Lunch: large salad with my hummus and balsamic vinegar for dressing, Brown rice and dal
Dinner: since I ate so late, I wasn't very hungry. Had a small bowl of veg soup, broccoli, smaller portion of mashed potatoes, banana

I felt today went pretty well! I messed up a bit yesterday and it felt good to get right back "at it" today. What started the mess up was looking at recipes on Facebook (again ). I have to stop doing that ! Later yesterday I looked on this McDougall site and found a couple easy recipes to make. I have to stop my eyes from wandering ! :duh:

That's about it for today. I am almost done making the invites to the rehearsal dinner. Probably will mail Wednesday or Thursday. I called the place where it is to be and they had NO record of the event !! (good thing I called :nod: ) Anyway, that evening is still open and I re-signed up for the night. Luckily I still have the receipt from the down payment. Now I just have to hope that enough people will come (I need at least 25). I am such a worry-wart ! :crybaby:

OK, done for today. Going to meet up with some past work friends at a eatery that is NOT veg friendly. They have salads so I will eat a big breakfast and maybe just have a salad there. I just like to visit !

-squealcat
squealcat

Postby squealcat » Tue Apr 12, 2022 5:39 pm

100% today !

Exercise: walked 30 minutes

Breakfast: Oat groats and blueberries
Lunch: large salad with my hummus and balsamic vinegar for dressing, yellow pea soup from the freezer, banana
Dinner: veg soup, broccoli, mashed potatoes, mango

Met friends that I used to work with today. I felt calm about it. Ate a good portion of oat groats before leaving and was not hungry when I was there. I ordered a small dinner salad, no cheese, no croutons, salsa on top for dressing. I just picked at it while talking to my friends. No one noticed, no one said anything and I didn't die !! I can do this again I am sure !

Beautiful day today ! Crazy storms tomorrow but I will be watching my grandson tomorrow so that is fine. Got my walk in. Landscapers came over today and cleaned up and mulched our garden. Looks really nice !! Waiting for my daffodils to bloom !

Have a great evening and Wednesday everyone !
-squealcat
squealcat

Postby squealcat » Wed Apr 13, 2022 6:10 pm

One day I do great and the next I don't. :roll:

Well, not the entire day. Just a couple of hours. I have to work on getting through the day at my daughter's house. Too many snacks in her house ! :nod: I try bringing extra food and a couple of baked potatoes. I brought a container of carrot and celery stick. I had orange slices. I had more than enough food. I ate almost all of it. I still went for their snacks. I am fine now. I am using my 10 point MWL checklist and that actually makes me feel better since i can see the entire week is not lost. It is just two meals this week. Just two meals .

Anyway. Making a pot of bean soup right now. Didn't feel like it but the multi beans were soaking and I had those carrot sticks and celery all cut up. Easy to make it in my instant pot. I really like it over rice and over mashed potatoes even. Cooking right now.

That's all. Tomorrow is another day !

-squealcat
squealcat

Postby squealcat » Fri Apr 15, 2022 3:03 pm

Exercise; walked 1 hour at the gym

Breakfast: old fashioned oats and blueberries with flax seed
Lunch: large salad, my hummus and balsamic vinegar for dressing and had the rest of yesterday's smoothie
Dinner: will be veg soup, brown rice, bean soup over the rice and steamed veggies (cauliflower probably ) , blood orange after that

Good Friday so not eating between meals. Catching up on laundry and getting the house ready for Easter. Our kids and grands are coming over but mostly for visiting. I bought some strawberries for shortcake. Husband wanted a spiral sliced ham so I bought that. I will just have what I usually eat. I like my food so don't want anything special except I might make a tofu scramble for breakfast but I like my oatmeal so much I may just revert to that.

What to get my grandkids for Easter? I really want to leave the candy-buying to their parents. I bought a couple of kites and some cute little plants for them to put in their rooms. Bought a book for the little guy. They will be happy to play outside while we grown-ups visit. I hope the weather is ok!

Happy and blessed Easter to everyone who celebrates that !

-squealcat
squealcat

Postby squealcat » Sat Apr 16, 2022 6:21 pm

Exercise: Walked 3 miles at the gym today

Breakfast: old fashioned oats and blueberries.
Lunch: large salad and bean soup and banana
Dinner: bowl of veg soup, small potato, bean burger, half of an oil free English muffin , mustard and lettuce, orange

That's it for today. I cooked some red potatoes because I was out of the cooked ones. Also cooked Brussel sprouts in my instant pot. they had great looking ones at the store this week. I am waiting for good-looking asparagus but not yet ! Cut up some celery and carrots for munching tomorrow and prepped strawberries for shortcake. Husband is cooking ham tomorrow. I am going to splurge and make scrambled tofu for breakfast. Haven't had in a long time.

Looking forward to seeing some of my kids and grands tomorrow. It will be a great day !

-squealcat
squealcat

Postby squealcat » Mon Apr 18, 2022 2:47 pm

Exercise: Walked for almost an hour at the gym. Snowing out today this day after Easter !

Breakfast: old fashioned oats and strawberries
Lunch: large salad, my hummus and balsamic vinegar for dressing, Chef AJ's cauliflower bisque (made it with half cauliflower and half broccoli )
Dinner: Steamed veggies, brown rice and homemade bean soup. Oh, also celery and carrot sticks as a preload for dinner (I realized that the cauliflower bisque was more like a meal than a preload. Forgot it had sweet potatoes in it. I will have to make something else maybe tomorrow.

Yesterday (Easter) went well ! I did have a couple of bread products but no butter or margarine . Kept things plain, didn't even taste the ham (first time !) as I knew it would lead to more tasting . My kids come over after visiting and eating at other places so we just had strawberry shortcake when they were here. I froze the rest of the shortcake. I actually took a couple bites of one and decided that it really didn't taste very good ! I am NOT kidding ! I think my tastes are continuing to change !

Less than 4 weeks to my son's wedding ! I started to go thru the list and ask people if they were coming. Not many had responded but now they are starting to get the list finished. I am relaxing more about it. Not much else for me to do right now. Glad I am not the bride's family.

-squealcat
squealcat

Postby Trinity » Mon Apr 18, 2022 4:13 pm

Marilyn, that reminds me of when we lived in upstate New York and would go to my in-laws’ in Massachusetts for Easter, and some years it would be colder at Easter than it was at Christmas! Hope spring comes soon.
Trinity

Postby squealcat » Tue Apr 19, 2022 5:41 pm

Exercise: Walked for maybe 45 minutes today.

Breakfast: steel cut oats with strawberries
Lunch: red potatoes, banana and ......I honestly don't remember !
dinner: large salad with balsamic vinegar and chopped up apple (ran out of my hummus. need to make more ). brown rice and multi bean soup, banana

yes, lunch was kind of a mess. We were going to go on a little drive today and I wasn't starving but maybe just getting hungry so I chomped on a few baby red potatoes and a banana and (now I remember ) half of a bagel with a tablespoon of peanut butter. Totally unplanned lunch. In fact, I didn't even know it was a lunch until I got done ! I guess I thought I was snacking ?

Nice drive to Saugatuck Michigan this afternoon. I haven't been there since I was a teen (a long time ago ). Ran down a sandy hill to Lake Michigan and it was very fun ! Now, I tried to run back up to get to the car but ended up slipping and fell almost to the bottom. I was laughing so hard! So happy I was not out of breath, just struggling on the slippery-like sand ! Doing so much better than a few years ago. I would have never tried this back then.

-squealcat
squealcat

Postby squealcat » Wed Apr 20, 2022 5:29 pm

Exercise: none today. Went early to my daughter's house to watch the little guy and then home later afternoon

Breakfast: old fashioned oats, blueberries, flax seed meal
Lunch: cauliflower bisque, brown rice with mixed bean soup over it, blood orange, then had 2 slices of oil free bread with vegan margarine (I DID stay away from all their Easter candy and their snack cupboard though )
Dinner: large salad with my hummus and balsamic vinegar for dressing, brussel sprouts (not hungry after that ) Oh, had a banana while making the hummus because I WAS hungry then

Wednesdays are my difficult days. I don't have many temptations at my own house but there are plenty at my daughter's house. My goal is to stay away from their pantry area and I did that today. I also stayed away from Easter treats. I did not stay away from their Ezekiel bread. Really, that was much less than I usually munch on and it satisfied me. If I go for that again, I will have to think of a different topping though.

I love my daily large salad! I whipped up the hummus in my blender and it all tasted so good ! not very hungry after that so just finished up the Brussel sprouts.

I am good until tomorrow !

-squealcat
squealcat

Postby squealcat » Thu Apr 21, 2022 5:36 pm

exercise: walked for 30 minutes

Breakfast: steel cut oats and an apple
Lunch: out to a restaurant today with friends : had two slices of rye toast (dry), a scramble made with veggies and potatoes, decaf coffee
Dinner: large salad with my hummus and balsamic vinegar for dressing, one of my bean burgers and mashed potatoes, a pear too

I weighed myself today. I didn't know if I should do that or not. Sometimes it messes with me even if I lose. I DID lose weight but what it did was encourage me to eat well when eating out. I felt I did pretty well today and continued to eat well the rest of the day. Tomorrow is really my weigh-in day. I didn't really calculate the loss; I just glanced at it. Will figure it out tomorrow.

Not sure whether I should continue on the MWL board or not. I mostly follow it but sometimes not. I love the sharing and caring and I want to keep it up. Will see tomorrow. I was going to make a veg soup today. I use it as a preload before dinner. Didn't do that today. Tomorrow I will put it all together for the week.

-squealcat
squealcat

Postby squealcat » Fri Apr 22, 2022 2:34 pm

Exercise today: Walked for about 45 minutes at the gym

Breakfast: banana before the walk then steel cut oats with blueberries and peaches
Lunch: large salad with my hummus, balsamic vinegar as dressing and I added a chopped pear on top (delicious ! try it !) Also had a bowl of Chef AJ's cauliflower bisque
Dinner: (will be) veg soup (just made it ), steamed veggies, brown rice

That's it for today. I had a good weight loss this week and I am pleased about that. It tells me that I am on the right path. I will have to just keep a close eye on my bread intake. It was too high this week (maybe from eating out ).

squealcat
squealcat

Postby squealcat » Sat Apr 23, 2022 1:46 pm

Exercise: Walked outdoors for 3 miles today. Beautiful weather !

Breakfast: a banana before the walk, then had old fashioned oats and mango
Lunch: large salad with my hummus and balsamic vinegar for dressing. I added the rest of the brown rice from the fridge to top it off. I was full after that.
Dinner: veg soup, mashed potatoes , and cauliflower bisque , pear

Haven't eaten dinner yet but I am pretty sure I will have what I have typed in... :nod:

Temps are in the 70's today and it feels too hot to me. A week ago I was wearing winter gear. Hard to get myself used to the weather this time of year. I will adjust !

-squealcat

Earlier I said the temps today were in the 70's and I was feeling very warm....well, just found out the temps are in the low 80's so no wonder I feel very warm !! I went out and walked a little more today and have 11,000 steps ! I decided to get out my pedometer and see how I was doing. It spurred me on to walking a bit more. I will use it this week and see what happens . Almost a perfect MWL day today ! the veg soup I made has a great flavor so that is a win. I have been putting my soup in large canning jars and I really like doing that. It really makes good use of space, leaving more room for other veggies.

Cooking up some barley today to use for breakfast. Folks on the MWL board were talking about it and I thought I would try. I want to use in stead of rice too. This will be my experiment week.

that is all. Just had to come back and add a few things.
-squealcat (again)
squealcat

Postby squealcat » Sun Apr 24, 2022 6:06 pm

Exercise today: walked for about 40 minutes total. A little rainy today so went out twice.

Breakfast: Barley, mango and a splash of oat milk that I made. Used cinnamon and cardamom for seasoning
Lunch: Started getting hungry a couple hours after breakfast so had about 3 little red potatoes then a half of an Ezekiel english muffin with one of my bean burgers on it and a large salad with chopped pear on top, balsamic vinegar and my hummus for dressing
Dinner: after all that lunch, I was not very hungry and it was 7PM. If I didn't eat then I would be starved by bedtime. So I had a small bowl of cauliflower bisque with a bit of leftover mashed potato , one medjool date and that is it

-squealcat
squealcat

Postby squealcat » Tue Apr 26, 2022 2:29 pm

I am typing this up to figure out for myself just what got all crazy today.

Exercise: walked just about 3 miles today (about 1 hour). I walked at the gym because it was cold (again) and also I just didn't feel like walking today. When I go to the gym, I tend to feel better about it and walk all those negative feeling out. Seeing others my age helps inspire me too.

Breakfast: Barley , my oat milk, blueberries, a small mix of spinach, amla, half cup of blueberries, flax meal, tumeric, pepper, ginger, a splash of oat milk
Lunch: while making a new recipe ( stuffed pepper soup ....like stuffed peppers but made into a soup ) I started to get uncomfortable and hungry-feeling even though I just ate an hour before. I went to my usual item to eat in these instances which is a cooked yellow potato with mustard. Still hungry : then had toasted Ezekiel english muffin with PB2 and banana, then had two slices of whole wheat toast with vegan margarine and preserves.....then had corn-based chips (half serving: still trying to keep my amount down) . Starting to feel better so had a cup of Teachino , followed by two bowls of the soup I was making which consisted mainly of tomatoes, rice, black lentils, peppers. FINALLY felt calmer. I feel fine now. Still comfortable. I realize I was hungry when making that soup and should have just had lunch. I was reasoning with myself thinking " I can't be hungry, I just ate breakfast !" I just should have eaten anyway.

Dinner: I will have my big salad with my hummus and balsamic vinegar for dressing. I will also have a small bowl of veg soup followed by a mix of grains, lentils, and spinach.

I have to remember to pack up my lunch for tomorrow as I will be watching my grandson.

That is all. Thank you for "listening" to me !
-squealcat
squealcat

PreviousNext

Return to My Daily Menus & Journals